“Very Friendly and Great Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel La Posada Del Angel

You added Hotel La Posada Del Angel to your Saves list
Hotel La Posada Del Angel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   85 North Avenue, # 321 | Col. Escalon, San Salvador, San Salvador, El Salvador   |
Special Rate
$45 (USD)
Ranked #10 of 50 Hotels in San Salvador
US
“Very Friendly and Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

The staff at Hotel La Posada Del Angel went out of their way to be accommodating to me. They were very friendly and made me feel relaxed the entire stay. They do a great job of being there when you need them, but also giving you your own space to relax. Although there were other guests staying there while I was there, I hardly saw them, which made the hotel feel like my own personal house. The rooms are fairly simple and clean and they serve great food at the hotel. The hotel is in a great location, whether you are there for business or pleasure. The neighborhood is safe and quiet and only a couple blocks away from the world trade business center. I look forward to returning!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

San Salvador is not the most beautiful town in South America, but it's worth a visit and Posada del Angel should be where you rest your head. The "hotel" is more like a large family home in a very safe and beautiful neighbourhood. The owners and staff treat you as their family and it all feels very cosy and friendly. The breakfast is made to order and enjoyed in a really pretty garden.

The area is safe and there is a really nice restaurant just 2 blocks away. Another 3 or 4 blocks and there's loads of stores and a mall.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

While the hotel is a comfortable stay, I have to say that the hotel staff make your time there. They make you feel as if you are at home, are so kind and warm and attentive. The amenities were great - air conditioning, clean bathroom, daily cleaning service, coffee and breakfast in the morning, etc. The location is also in a safe neighborhood, so I felt comfortable while staying there...but again, the staff were truly so warm and inviting and made me want to stay there time and time again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I spent around 10 days in San Salvador by late January. Whenever I come for pleasure to stay a couple of days in El Salvador I had always stayed at some other bigger hotels. This time around through one of my daughters that used to be classmates in high school with the owner, I came to Hotel La Posada del Angel. Its location away from the city crowds and busy arteries is perfect for a quiet relax. And at the same time I was close to all places I was to visit. The decoration inside is conservative and elegant in the best meaning of the word for our traditions. The way they treat you and their attention to small details go the extra mile to make you feel at home, from the owner to the last employee.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Located in a quiet neighborhood, staying at Hotel La Posada Del Angel will quickly make you feel like a part El Salvador.

From the street entrance this hotel looks simple but once inside it is nice to see the colorful décor and garden type landscape where you can relax and feel right at home.

Although we stayed only one night, everyone we met including the owners and staff were so helpful and friendly.

Our room was simple but clean with free Wi-Fi and a decent hot shower. There are a few restaurants and shops within easy walking distance of the hotel and we felt safe walking around the neighborhood even at night.

In the morning we had fresh made to order breakfast that was very nice. Eggs, juice, fruit, beans, toast and my favorite fried plantains.

We would definitely come home to Hotel La Posada Del Angel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
sonsonate
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Today June 27,2013 we arrived for the 6th time in the past 2 years at the hotel and like always were met by the front desk lady who immediately called me by my name, this to me has a tremendous value. I was shown to one of the rooms (not my usual) but I am glad I am experiencing a new room, we like it a lot.

We discovered this small oasis after some of my family members stayed here about 5 years ago, ever since we have stayed here when we want to be in san salvador, this hotel is much above of the price being charged.

Raquel Manager-Owner is always with a smile and making you feel as if you are a long time friend that has stopped by for a visit. The Hotel can and does compete with much higher over priced locations but yet relaxed enough to take a siesta any time.

For the reasons before mentioned and to give you an excuse to visit this little but big boy Hotel come visit La Posada del Angel, you also have a great sea food restaurant near by and galerias mall about 3 minutes away.

Ask for Raquel and make sure you have plenty of free time so you can seat and enjoy a cup of coffee with a joy of a person.

Until next time........ love yourself

Room Tip: Room 6 is a great out of the way room, but room 3 has a much larger bathroom.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Rolling Meadows, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The owner (I think it was the owner..) was very nice and helpful when I arrived. I arrived late in the evening and she offered me a meal and arranged my early morning taxi pickup. She was very patient with my limited Spanish. I can't really comment on the location, since it was late when I got there. The garden area was beautiful and nice to eat next to.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel La Posada Del Angel? Share your experiences!