“kitschy” 2 of 5 stars

Kiev, Ukraine
3 attraction reviews
“kitschy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

just not convinced of the whole set. doesn´t cost much, but didn´t impress me much either. I didn´t have an audio guide though. so maybe with it´s beter.

Visited September 2012

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
127 attraction reviews
“Very educational”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This museum is dedicated to explaining the events that led to one of the world's worse nuclear disasters in 1986 when one of the reactors at the power station blew up. A good number of the exhibits are in English, although I would have taken an organised tour if I had had time. I overheard one taking place and the guide was extremely knowledgeable. There are also a number of computer screens, with interactive displays, and many, many photographs of the victims - both dead and those who continue to live with the effects of radiation poisoning. So it is not a museum to go to if you want a happy hour, but it is very thought-provocking and it only costs about £1.

Visited August 2012
Limassol, Cyprus
34 attraction reviews
“Must be visited, especially in case you plan a Chernobyl tour.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

A museum worthy to visit especially for those who plan a tour to Chernobyl. Have visited the museum 2-3 days before my Chernobyl tour and would suggest getting an audio guide.
The museum is not far from the metro station - have took the metro blue line and got off at Kontraktova Plosha and followed the tourist signs.
Following the audio guide steps, it was shocking to see an eight-legged pig while you feel sorry looking at the thousands of photos of children, victims of the Chernobyl disaster.

Visited June 2012
London, United Kingdom
23 attraction reviews
“Thought provoking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Great museum - entrance fee was definitely worth it. I would suggest getting an audio guide though, my friend and I got a little confused with the exhibits at the beginning. It's not far from the metro station either, so it's not hard to find.

Visited August 2012
Marina di Carrara
37 attraction reviews
“Chernobyl Museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I visited the museum the day before my tour to Chernobyl. Take the metro blue line and get off at Kontraktova Plosha .I can't remember which exit I took, but I found, looking at me the tourist sign indicating the way to the museum. Cheap entry fee and very interesting and well done .
If anyone is interested in going to Chernobyl I went with this operator : tour2chernobyl.ua. paid 130 € we where in 7 good number.
Pity that nor at the museum nor at Chernobyl there is the possibility to buy photos of the before and after or books, DVD ecc. I downloaded my info from Internet.

Visited July 2012