“99% perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 114 Hotels in Kiev
Vienna
“99% perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

I really love this hotel, almost everything was perfect (except of house keeper who entered altrough the sign "do not disturb" was switched on and waked me up). Stunning view towards the Sofia church from the "Bar on 8". Vine selection in the Asia bar is very nice. Perfect location.
Unfortunately there are window foils in the rooms ... it makes the overall atmosphere in the room little bit melancholy.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Turkish first
London, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2009

I stayed at the Hyatt in Kiev with my wife in May '09....The hotel is in a perfect location; within walking distance of a lot of the major sights and with views of St Sophia and St. Michael's...The location couldn't be better...The hotel has a sleek, polished glass facade and the interior/rooms have a modern design...The rooms are spacious and ours had a great view of the two churches...The hotel has 3 bars and multiple restuarants...The best meeting place is the 8th floor terrace where in the summer you can have outdoor cocktails overlooking Kiev...There is a full sevice spa and fitness center...Service was pretty much spotless...They did make a mistake on the rate of my room but amended the rate when I showed them my confirmation...We ended up getting a discounted rate but the rack rate is amongst the highest that I have seen for a hotel outside of Paris/London/New York/Moscow...I know Kiev is/was a bit of a boom town and there are just a few 5 star options but, given the current economic backdrop, a traveller should be able to find a discounted rate...Kiev itself was slightly disapointing...It felt surprisingly provincial and didn't have the buzz of Moscow and wasn't as European as Warsaw...I guess the city, like Ukraine itself, is stuck in the middle...That being said, the people are nice and there is plenty to do and see for a weekend trip...If you get a fair deal, the Hyatt is the place to stay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2009

I chose the Hyatt based on reviews on this site. I was there for one night, and I think I was probably the only non-business person in the whole hotel. The rooms and beds were comfortable, everything was about what I expected, though I think the Hyatt in Baku is nicer. I specially chose a higher rate to get breakfast included and a late check out. When I checked in, I was told that late check out would be impossible (granted, they checked me in earlier than usual). The most annoying thing about the stay was when I checked out, I was told that the breakfast I ate the day before couldn't be covered by my rate, even though I hadn't eaten a breakfast on the morning of check out. I find that highly ridiculous, since it seems to me that the reception staff can do nearly whatever they want with rates. Overall, I'd recommend the hotel if you aren't on a budget and want to stay in a great spot. But there are plenty of other places in Kiev that are better deals.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2009

I stayed once in this hotel on business and must say that this is my top choice in Kiev. Hotel is very new, located between two beautiful churches on one of the main squares of Kiev. Rooms are big and very nicely done. Service is excellent. Tried steakhouse on the second floor and the food was very nice. Overall, this place is by far better than any other I stayed in Kiev and would certainly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
Kiev, Ukraine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2009

Without doubts hotel is the best in Kiev! Every star of its 5* is justified!
Located near the St.Michel church 5-10 min walking to Kreshchatik street (main street).
The reception is large and lobby bar is impressive in size. Rooms are beautifull from standard to suite in modern style. The service is exceptional, you just call for an extra pillow and in 2 minutes they nock at the door...
The Thai restaurant on the 1st floor is very very very nice, french wines are rediculary expensive.
Breakfast is nice offering everything you need.
There's a big gym and a wonderful swimming pool, both are always almost empty.
The only hotel that can be compared with Hyatt in Kiev is Premier Palace, it has a better location, classic luxuary design and slightly less expensive than Hyatt, but the service is much better in Hyatt. Recommend both of them.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Crofton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2009

Hotel has perfect location - between two main landmarks of Kiev and 5 min walking from Independence square. Actually you will be able to walk to any location in the center of Kiev.

Hotel has huge lobby with glass elevators, good bars and restaurants. Staff is very professional and friendly.

New hotel means new high quality rooms. Dark colors. Room was perfect for quiet rest after busy day.

It's my number one choice for Kiev, I would be happy to come back there.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
Northampton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2009

I stayed in this hotel at my choice as it seemed the best around. I visited friends in 2 other hotels and this was better, more secure and not surprisingly , more expensive. It certainly was striking and the hotel car provided to pick us up from the airport was better than we had paid for. The location was excellent as I expected.

On check in I was surprised to be asked for the name of my room companion, he was arriving the next day. I was shown to my spacious room with a view of the square. My porter gave me a good level of detail about the property as well as the area.

The service did let us down the next day though, my companion arrived separately whilst and was given his own room despite asking for me, this was at a high rate. Whilst I think he could have been more assertive I was in my room at the time and was not contacted. Bear in mind I had been asked to provide his details the previous day.

It took some sorting out later and I half expected him to be charged but he wasnt.

I didn't eat or drink in the hotel.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Regency Kiev? Share your experiences!