“Excellent choice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 114 Hotels in Kiev
New York City, New York
“Excellent choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

This is very comfortable and well managed hotel. The building has a handsome restored facade, but most of the interior seems to be newly built, to a very high standard of design and finish. The decor is relatively conservative (beige tones, brass accents) but the effect is understated and pleasing. The staff in reception and other public areas are efficient and cheerful and all spoke good English. There is a variety of different room and bathroom configurations, but my party found all their rooms well appointed with comfortable beds and well equipped bathrooms. I thought this was a first rate hotel and definitely recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
DavidMohren, General Manager at Opera Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear IanWriter,

first of all thank you very much for taking the time to write this Review.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we could completely satisfy you.
Your kind words will be an additional motivation for all out staff members.

We are already looking forward to welcome you back to the Opera Hotel during your next visit to Kiev.

Opera Hotel Kiev - A Member of the Leading Hotels of the World

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fleet, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

I choose from tripadvisor.co.uk this hotel as it was in the centre of the town, what an excellent choice I made. My 5 days were made so comfortable by all the staff of the hotel from the cleaning staff to the reception and to the restaurant staff in fact all who I came in contact with. There is absolutely no area that I can criticise. I will return

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
DavidMohren, General Manager at Opera Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Peter P,

first of all thank you very much for taking the time to write this Review.
We are very happy that you rated us with the highest marks and that we could completely satisfy you during your stay with us. I will share your positive Comments with my staff and I am sure it will be an additional Motivation for all of them.

We are looking very much forward to welcome you again to the Opera Hotel during your next visit to Kiev.

Best regards,
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

This is third time I stay in this hotel in last few month. First time I've got a smaller double room but nice, clean and very comfortable. After second time you will automatically get an upgrade for free. Very quiet location, nice hotel and fantastic service. Luxury spa you can relax and small fitness but good enough for exercise. But hotel restaurant is fantastic. Service is amazing and I felt like I'm only one guest and all taking care of me - but nice way not bothering me at all, always ready to serve. fantastic. Thank you. It's my pleasure to stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Karel C,

first of all thank you very much for taking the time to write this Review.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you very much for the good Comments. We will continue to improve our Services on a constant basis to ensure that especially our regular guests are satisfied with their experience.

We are very much looking forward to welcome you again at the Opera Hotel during your next trip to Kiev.

Best regards,

Canberra Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I chose this hotel from the internet reviews, Google Maps and TA since I did not want a hotel near the demonstrations at the Main Square or Town Hall. This turned out to be an excellent choice. Luxury rooms with elegant bathroom, nice staff with excellent English, etc. Great facade and lobby, and a short 10 min walk to a shopping mall where can get groceries at a Supermarket.

High;y recommended

Room Tip: I got a rom with a bath which was nice, looking out over a courtyard but it was quiet
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
DavidMohren, General Manager at Opera Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear DRMB,

thank you very much for taking the time to write this review.
We are extremely happy that we were able to satisfy such an experienced Traveler like you.
Thank you very much for the nice Comments which I will for sure pass to our staff.
We are looking forward to welcome you again at the Opera Hotel during your next visit to Kiev.

Laguna Niguel, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I'm currently in Kiev on business travel for a week. I was pleasantly surprised with the selection of this hotel. I tried to find a hotel that was moderately priced with nice amenities for its value and in a quiet location, preferably a distance away from the Independence Square where there are currently some political tensions and barricades. I think this one fit the bill well. There are also other business travelers in this hotel which further supports my selection of hotel. The lobby is a litle small but the decor is very pleasing and sophisticated as well as the backdrop of elegant jazz music. I even recall seeing a harpist in the lobby during one of the evenings. My room was nice and clean with high ceilings, and the furniture & decor are sophisticated. The bath amenities are of good quality. The room temperature control is comfortable and quiet. I only wished that the room had better lighting and a coffee/tea pot in my room since I have been working on the computer for many hours during the day and night for my business. The pillows are also a little on the small side but if you stack them up, no problem. The wi-Fi has worked well. Although the room service menu is limited, the food has been flavorful and delivery time has been adequate. There is turn-down service in the evenings. The hotel is situated in a quiet residential neighborhood and within walking distance to a few shops and cafes. You'll need good walking shoes if you plan to walk to the various sites and attractions which are about 10-30 minutes walk.

All of the staff are professional and friendly at this hotel. From the person who opens the door at the front of the hotel to the staff at the reception and concierge desks & spa who greet each guest. I had a hotel driver pick me up from the airport in an MB towncar with a late night arrival. His availability was timely and his service was courteous. The service provided on all levels was friendly and professional. The check-in was smooth.

The breakfast buffet was nice and adequate. I particularly liked the breakfast room nook with large windows and plenty of outdoor natural lighting. That's when I most felt like I was at home. The chandelier in the central dining room is quite impressive. There was a little bit of a delay with getting coffee each morning at the breakfast table, so if you're in a hurry take note. I kind of wished this hotel or cafes down the street provided coffee-to-go, which I understand is rare in this city. The gym was a little bit on the small side but had the necessary equipment and situated well within the spa.

No doubt that if I returned back to Kiev, for business or personal travel, I would return to the Opera Hotel. If you're a frequent international business traveler, you would know that the value of this hotel is right on mark when you do the comparisons. I didn't have to end up spending an arm and a leg at the Intercontinental and Hyatt Regency when I was able to get similar amenities on a smaller scale here at the Opera Hotel. I don't think this hotel will disappoint. It's classy and highly recommended. Very safe and comfortable overall for the business traveler.

Dear UCIAlumni1991,

thank you very much for taking the time to write this Review.
We are really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
However we will as well work on to improve the issues that you have mentioned so that we are able to satisfy you 100% during your next visit at the Opera Hotel in Kiev.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

This is an excellent hotel in every respect and I consider amongst the very best. I have stayed a couple of times and planning another trip and propose to return to the hotel. What impresses me most about the hotel is the friendly, engaging and professional staff. Nothing seems too much trouble and the service is very quick indeed...there is no waiting here! The staff have helped me with my language skills and are knowledgeable about Kyiv and can advise you on your travel needs and what's on. I was very impressed by the speed with which the concierge organised tickets to the recent Ukrainian National Dance Company (Virsky) concerts at the Palace of Arts - a "must see" by the way! The tickets were waiting for me on my arrival, which was much appreciated. The rooms are very comfortable and I love the rose petals in the bath room! But some tips: First try the restaurant...the food is very nice, though Ukrainian portions are not petite! A starter can be a main...and "hot starter" really does mean a main. (Same as in the US!) Second if you are an ice cream lover this is your heaven! Ice cream is not on the menu so ask for it...the chef makes it...I think it must be his hobby and it is to die for!!! Third go for the burgers Ukrainian style...the best ever! Fourth try the Ukrainian wine. Hotels and restaurants such as the Opera in Kyiv get the pick of the best and Ukrainian wine from the south is simply the very best (red) and white is good too. It is also cheaper than imports. Fifth the hotel is just 5 - 10 mins walk from University metro station so use it. Avoid using taxis during the morning and evening rush hours...Kyiv has changed and the traffic jams can delay you! Use the metro in any event just for the experience...it is so cheap I don't know why they don't just make it free. Overall I found the hotel offers great value for the standards it offers. A home from home. Hope this helps! Very difficult to find fault.

Room Tip: I always go for the standard rooms. They offer everything you could possibly need so why pay more bu...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Roman1,

first of all thank you very much for the detailed Feedback about your stay with us.
We are very happy and proud that we could completely satisfy you during your stay with us.
We really hope that we have the chance to accommodate you again at the Opera Hotel during your next visit to Kiev.

Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I stayed 3 nights in Opera Hotel in February. To be honest the hotel is in general good, especially the staff is very friendly and professional. Housekeeping is decent, the rooms and the bathrooms are very clean. I have not tried the spa however the gym is quite small. The check-in, check-out process was fast and good. On the other hand it is just a standard hotel compared to the services you get. It is way overpriced!
The restaurant in the hotel is serving decent food but again very expensive. It was also disappointing for me not to have proper Ukrainian dishes. Overall you totally miss the feeling that you are in Ukraine in the hotel.
It is a very good hotel if you want to feel like you are anywhere in western Europe but if you would like experience Ukraine I do not think it is the right place.

Dear DSS_Willow,

first of all thank you very much for taking the time to write this Review.
We are very grateful for the compliments for our Service and are looking already forward to welcome you again at the Opera Hotel during your next visit to Kiev.

Opera Hotel Kiev - A Member of the Leading Hotels of the World

Been to Opera Hotel? Share your experiences!