“Amazing value; Under-rated Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Khreschatyk Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14 Khreschatik St, Kiev 01001, Ukraine   |
Ranked #33 of 114 Hotels in Kiev
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Amazing value; Under-rated Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I read many of the reviews prior to staying here. I had a 15 hour layover and did not want to pay for a 5 star so I thought that I would try this. Wanted sushi at Buddha Bar next door anyway. Location could not be better. Staff was friendly and helpful. I was shocked by the room...it is really great. Trendy, clean, full - service..excellent bathroom. This hotel is nicer than many 4 star properties in Kiev. Full amenities. HIGHLY recommend

Room Tip: I have been told to request a rejuvenated room; I believe that most are rejuvenated now
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Administration29, Public Relations Manager at Khreschatyk Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for such a pleasant comment. We are extremely delighted that you appreciated our new rooms, amenities and the hotel location. Thank you very much for your kind words regarding the hotel staff.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Hotel Administration

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Kiev
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great welcome, excellent english spoken at reception and the bar. Dead helpful, with taxis etc. but you need to book transfer a couple days in advance, it's probably the best rate unless you speak Ukraine :-)The room appeared to be quite new , spacious and clean although i don't know how they rated this as a suite as there was just one room! The air con was iffy and just put out heat as far as I could tell. Be ok but it was either on or off and nothing in between except fan speed. I'm guessing it was Buddha Bar i could hear distantly thumping late at night as it's next door! Great Club by the way) So the window was open a little to 'balance' things! Breakfast was quite good, and the coffee always great. Food in the restaurant also good, in both English and Ukraine. Spent Valentines there a couple years ago too and it was good! The location is very good, turn right out of hotel and the whole of Kreschatik is in front of you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. It is a pleasure that you appreciated convenient location of the hotel, new rooms, food and beverages in the restaurants. Your comments are very important for us to continually improve our service and product quality in order to make your next stay unforgettable. We hope to see you again at the Khreschatyk Hotel and if you have a bad experience with the noise in room please ask a Front Office Manager to give you a room in other side of the hotel! Also we’d like to admit that we indeed don’t have suites only junior suites (rooms with a separate living-sitting area…not a separate room). But very soon the spacious apartments will be available for our clients.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Hotel has been renovated recently, and renovated rooms are a pleasure to stay. Especially in combination with location - perfect! Also liked a restaurant in basement - Varenichnaya, good choice of Ukrainian dishes and reasonably priced, very convenient.

Room Tip: Book a prestige room, there are renovated up to Western standarts!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Administration29, Guest Relations Manager at Khreschatyk Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing comments regarding your stay at Khreschatyk Hotel. We are very delighted that you liked our rooms, facilities at the hotel and its location. We hope to see you again at the Khreschatyk City Center Hotel.

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

A very good hotel in a perfect location very much downtown Kiev. We appreciated the location a lot. The hotel was big, clean, nice rooms, nice interior. Breakfast - could be a lot better and when we were there we were awaked from a concrete drilling, Friday started 8 AM, Saturday 10 AM... Not so nice and no warning about it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a comment about your experience at the Khreschatyk Hotel, we are delighted to read that you liked the rooms, hotel interior and its location! We strives to improve the level of services, we are are going to improve breakfasts, food and beverages assortment. We hope to see you again at the Khreschatyk Hotel and if you have a bad experience with the noise in room please ask a Front Office Manager to give you a room in other side of the hotel!

Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

The first time I stayed in this hotel was a month ago - and the second time was a week ago. I have not had the opportunity to review it till now. During my first stay, I initially booked my room on the internet and therefore chose a standard room at approximately 95 euros. I was attending a conference, where the organizers could book a double superior suite for 140 euros pr. night. The standard room I booked was typical Soviet standard with old furniture, stained carpets, no safe deposit though with a big refrigerator, which was very noisy. At the end of the next day, I discovered from one of the participants, that the rooms at 140 euros are newly renovated to western standards - after I took a look at the facilities of such a room, I requested a move and was very satisfied with my choice. My room was on the 4th floor and had a small terrace on the side of the Khreschatyk st. and with a view of Independence Square. I was treated to an unforgettable experience one night when there was an amazing 30 minute-fireworks display from my terrace.

The service is good and the breakfast adequate. Wifi connection is also excellent most of the time. The only complaint I have is the smell of cigarette smoke in the lobby and at times at the corridors. The hotel is still being renovated in some floors, so there can be some noise during the day. Although the rooms where I have stayed on both stays faced Khreschatyk St., very minimal noise can be heard through the windows and doors, when they are closed.

The location is very central - near city attractions, shopping centers and metro stations. So, I will definitely stay here again next time I am in Kiev.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are not renovated.
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your comments with us! It is a pleasure that you had good experience at Khreschatyk Hotel. We are delighted that you appreciated our new rooms, service, breakfasts, location and the hotel in general. We'd like to admit that in the hotel you can book non-smoking rooms and we have non-smoking areas in the lobby as well as in the hotel's restaurants.

We hope to see you soon again at the Khreschatyk Hotel.

Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed there from the 09th to the 11th of OCT and I must say that I was impressed by my room newly refurbished to wetern standards and with a nice bathroom equiped with walk-in shower. I also liked the light control for the room that I let you discover with its various options. So modern , clean and free wi-fi even if the signal is too low in the room , you mlay have to go down to the lobby.
If I compare with DNIPRO Hotel Where I usualy stay in Kiev , this one is more modern but the breakfast is very simple and not as good as the impressive one you can get in Dnipro .
Also, there is a SPA that you need to pay extra but the rate is far too much when you travel on your own and just want to go to the pool and relax in sauna . First you need to book in adavance , then large sauna + pool access is 140 GBP , Small sauna 75 GBP and if you book 2 hours the discounted fare is 50 GBP .. Far too much and not convenient for business travel as you may wish to walk in when you want and not pay that much . It is ok if you are in a prtay of 6 and everyone pay his part . There is no fitness as well
As a comparison ; the DNIPRO is 10 GBP for hotel guset and you have saune , pool and fitness and it is free in the morning.
SO really , yes the room is nice an the location is good , but the Dnipro location is even better , it is true the style ,in Dnipro is very much the one from the soviet time but at least you can feel how it was and the hotel is clean anyway with better custo,er service than the Kreschatyk.
In short , if you are just looking for the room go to Kreschatyk , if you want a bit more than that go to Dnipro which also is cheaper but not as modern

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Administration29, Public Relations Manager at Khreschatyk Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing comments regarding your stay at Khreschatyk Hotel. We are very delighted that you liked our new rooms, complimentary wi-fi and hotel location. We strive to improve the level of services, we are going to improve breakfasts and open a modern fitness center, services of which will be complimentary for our guests.

We look forward to welcome you again soon at Khreschatyk Hotel!

Kharkiv, Ukraine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was there when arrived from Borispol. It was very comfortable and clean. Big bed in my room and warm shower in the evening taken my relaxed after airplane. I had a breakfast on the small table in the street, it was very suprised and romantic for me.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing comments regarding your stay at Khreschatyk Hotel. We are very delighted that you liked our rooms, king-size bed, facilities at the hotel.

We look forward to welcome you again soon at Khreschatyk Hotel!
Hotel Administration

Been to Khreschatyk Hotel? Share your experiences!