“My new favourite in Kiev” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #600 of 913 Restaurants in Kiev
Cuisines: Ukrainian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Some years ago famous author Isaak Babel lived in cozy house on Saksaganskyi street 33/35, wrote beautiful novels and dated a pretty girl (his future wife). Now there is a restaurant "Babel" here with its own welcoming atmosphere, impeccable service and delicious cuisine. Of course, in the menu you can find Babel's favorite eggplant caviar, stuffed peppers.
london
“My new favourite in Kiev”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Rarely you come across restaurant with Kiev that has succint and well thought out menu. Babel excels at this. Our party had combination of soups, risottos, beef stroganoff and veal. All food was prepared in a way that sides really worked together with the mains. No english menus in here - you will need at least basic understanding and reading ability of cyryllic. We just about scraped through. Food was stunning though. Fully recommended.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“I was surprised!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Being a frequent visitor to Kiev for business, I have know the restaurant scene pretty well. I was surprised to find a new place of such high quality. The interior was very cozy and the terrace was nice. Friendly and knowledgable (despite the language barrier) staff helped us with food choices. We had pork ribs in tomato-mustard sauce and some fish from Odessa (it was called something like "barabulka"). And in the end I think the prices for Kiev were very decent. Would definitely come back next time I am in Kiev.

• Visited May 2013