“Top business hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 114 Hotels in Kiev
Belgium
“Top business hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Spent three nights in the RB in Podil area of the fantastic city of Kiev (granted, i have been here in spring/summer time only, but what a hidden gem this city is). The hotel is brand new which shows. The corner bar is a perfect place to relax and have a tasty snack, with smiling waitresses. Reception is great and the inhouse taxi service a real bonus. The rooms are well equiped with a good bed and pillows. There's nothing negative to be said about this perfect business hotel, except maybe the somewhat noisy airco system (less though than what I experienced in other RB hotels), even if turned off. But didn't keep me from having a good night rest.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Yana B, Assistant Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Guest RichardBelgium,

We were delighted to read your warm review about your last stay in the Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil. Thank you so much for taking your time to share your thoughts with other travellers.

As you have mentioned our hotel is indeed new and your positive comments will be a great motivation for the entire team concerned to hear about your satisfaction. We appreciate as well your important comment about the air-conditioning system and rest assured this comment is delivered already to the definite department therefore we can improve our service.

We do hope that we shall soon have the pleasure of welcoming you back in our hotel and should you need any assistance for your future reservation do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely,
Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Caernarfon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Everything about the hotel was excellent! It was ideally situated, the room was very clean & comfortable, the king-size bed was so inviting, the staff were pleasant,helpful & friendly & the food was both generous & delicious. I could not fault the hotel in any way. I would certainly recommend it to others & I would happily return there on a future occasion. The hotel really added dimension to my holiday.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Yana B, Assistant Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Guest CaernarfonMarcus,

Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil for your recent stay in Kyiv. We have read your positive comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority. It is very important for us that our guests’ experiences are shared. We were delighted to read you enjoyed staying with us!

It will be our great pleasure to welcome you back soon!

Kind regards
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Compared to the other Kiev Radisson this one is slightly downscale but makes up for it with a great location. Situated in old Kiev, this rapidly gentrifying area provides great restaurants and bars, all a short walk away.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Guest Garydfaulkner,

We would like to thank you for staying with us during your last visit in Kiyv and for sharing your thoughts with Tripadvisor community.

Your opinion is very important for us and your constructive comment will undoubtedly help us to improve the quality of services. We would appreciate if you contact us via direct e-mail: yana.bandurko@radissonblu.com and you can share with us with your suggestions and concerns and you have the entire team's commitment that we will take real action to improve our service.

We look forward to welcoming you very soon in Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil!
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here for two nights at the end of May. It is a very nice hotel.

Pros:
1. Location. Close to lots of interesting things to see, not too far from a Metro stop, not that far of a walk from the Maidan.
2. Staff. Good English. We were traveling with our young daughter and the door man / security guy saw a beautiful dragonfly and gave it to her to hold. Everyone was very, very nice.
3. Breakfast. I have stayed at a lot of good hotels and eaten a lot of good hotel breakfasts (as well as more than my fair share of stale croissants and green bananas), and this is hands down the best hotel breakfast I have ever had. It cost $20 Euros on top of the room price (but kids are free), and although my husband grumbled I think it was worth it. I don't care how picky you are or what your dietary requirements, you will find food, and lots of it, to eat here. I am a vegetarian who hates eggs but likes to have a lot of protein in the morning, and I was very satisfied with the half dozen excellent cheeses, yogurt, and French Fries (OK not really high in protein but still yummy). And the obviously fresh breads were wonderful. They have a waffle station and an omelette station. I could not possibly list all of the food they have, but I have never seen one restaurant serve so many different kinds of food and have all of be top quality.
4. Kind of a random thing to say, but the climate control was the quietest I have ever experienced at a hotel.

Cons
1. The bed was somewhat hard (although, as I am learning, it was apparently pretty plush by Ukrainian standards) and there were no sheets, only blankets. The pillows were cheap foam and were way too thick for me. I expect better bedding from a hotel that is billed as luxury.
2. Overall, I don't know if it deserves the description of luxury that it has received from some quarters. Upscale, yes, definitely, but not what I would really call luxurious.

Overall, it was a great hotel and it would be my first choice if we are ever needing a hotel in Kiev again. Frankly I wouldn't even look anywhere else.

Room Tip: I read in a guide book after we stayed there that suites are not that much more expensive. Our room...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest Angela C,

Thank you so much for your comments at TripAdvisor. We appreciate your time and effort in providing such a positive and warm feedback with other travellers about Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil!

Our team are always looking at ways we can improve our hotel service and comments and suggestions are always welcome in helping us do things better.

We’d like to present our special compliments on behalf of the entire team and management who will be excited to know the appreciation of their work .

We are looking forward to take pleasure in welcoming you back to our hotel soon!

Kind regards
moscow, russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Good location on Podol - close to Andreevskiy Spusk and metro.
Perfect rooms (business class room), very clean, has everything you need.
Breakfast - very very good, you really have a choice, even red caviar and fresh juices.
Very good staff on reception and even smily security.
We would keep this place for us and our friends.

Room Tip: we heard, hotel has Gym, that works 24 hours, but did not try it
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
, Assistant Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Mr. Dronov,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your wonderful and warm feedback about the Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil. Definately all your comments and compliments have been already shared with all departments. It really motivates the entire team.
We truly hope that in the future you and your friends will grant us as an honour to be our guests and our proffecional and friendly staff will be happy to impress you and to do everything to ensure that you leave Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil as a guest with 100% satisfaction.

Best regards,

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This hotel is brand new and has all the amenities. The location is great and is within walking distance of restaurants and shopping. The style is very modern and sleek. If the breakfast does not come with your rate, make sure you add it because the spread is not to be missed! They have a lot of good foods, including both local and standard breakfast favorites. This hotel is definitely a little pricy, but you are paying for the extra features and amenities. You can definitely find a cheaper place to stay in Kiev that is just as modern and nice, but it won't have any extras. It depends on preference. One thing I must mention since it matters to me being a woman with longer hair, the conditioner they provide is not satisfactory- bring your own. Also the water from the shower head may have been too soft because no matter what I did the conditioner residue was still in my hair after I dried it. Got back in the shower to see if it was my fault for not rinsing it thoroughly, but that was not the case. I have never encountered that anywhere in my life nor did I encounter it at any other place I stayed in Ukraine. It was quite odd but it would surely not deter me from staying again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest K86J84,

Thank you for sharing your great experience with the Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil. We are very pleased to have exceeded your expectations with our great location, buffet selection and additional services. I will definitely share your feedback with the management and staff.

Again thank you for your recommendation to other travelers and our team are looking forward to please your personal and business needs soon again!

Kind regards,
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for a 4 day business trip.
- very central location - great for morning runs and restaurants near by
- clean rooms and good gym on the 2nd floor
- for 1 day we had a meeting room which met all our requirements from wifi to flip chart and Beamer
- good breakfast buffet

Definitely be back

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest FP81,

On behalf of the Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil team I would like to thank you for your generous advice to the world on TripAdvisor. Thank you for a special mention of M&E service from our team members.

I do hope that your business trip was very much a success and we would like to welcome you again the next time you are Kyiv.

Best regards,

Yana Bandurko

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv Podil? Share your experiences!