It was my fourth time in Kiev in4 years. I have had since the last every time a hotel either from the 'bad' category or from the 'rip-off' category.
This one is the first which matches international standards at relatively acceptable price (but maybe the hotel is trying to attract new customers with a low price).
For €100/night with breakfast, for a hotel with fitness, in the centre and high quality it is a bargain in Kiev !
This hotel is less than 10 minutes by foot from the Opera house. It is in a quiet area (Kiev is a safe city even at night).
It opened in June 2012 just before the Euro football competition. Therefore all is brand new, including the staff.
I stayed 2 nights and here is my contribution to TripAdvisor:
Positives of the hotel:
- room well equipped. A room with all you need: confortable double (not twinned singles) bed, wifi for free, large shower and large bathroom with room for toiletries and A GOOD lighting for shaving. AC of course.
- the staff is very nice, English language skills are good but still in the learning phase of all the procedures and how to use equipements, hence was trying to be helpful but lade it at 90%
- a fairly good fitness room
- a restaurant with a great view on the city
- strangely the hanging bar in the cupboard is way too high. I think people below 1.65m will find it a bit of sport to reach the bar and hang anything. I am 1.87m and was just making it
- the safe operates in a very different way from Western models. Be careful how to program your own code (I had to call up for help and they sent the Safety officer to open the safe with key. I thought I had put my code but not)
- the breakfast is not a buffet service, but yet there are not enough guests to operate a buffet.
The quality is good, but service tends to be too slow. I do not like waste of time at breakfast. Would rather sleep more!
Breakfast costs, if not in the rate, UAH 100, plus another 50 hlyvna for the fruit juice.A bit expensive. Must be changed when the hoel will be better known.
- the housekeeping replenishes the shower gel but not the bottled water (2x50cl were complimentary upon arrival)
Overall a good find. Some mistakes due to the recent start but hopefully everything will work well when I return.
I strongly recommend this hotel.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Thank You for choosing CITYHOTEL for Your accomodation in Kiev!
Report response as inappropriate
Thank You for Your feedback. We have taken into account Your helpful comments and will do our best to eliminate all the inconveniences that You have experienced.
We hope that CITYHOTEL will become Your favourate place to stay in Kiev!
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.