“just perfect!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 114 Hotels in Kiev
Zighy Bay, Oman
“just perfect!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Spent four nights and could not have ask for better accommodations. The room was clean and well furnished (cause its brand new) ; the bed very very comfortable; the bathroom spotless - and the price outstanding. The location is perfect for me as i hired a car to get around with my girlfriend. (never went to city with the car, use the Free shuttle bus instead.)

A word about the staff - they could not have been any more friendly - housekeeping on my floor, front desk (especially Kris and Julie). I received very early check-in; questions answered and even friendly greetings each time I returned to the hotel..

If you come to Kiev City to see the city or just wanna spend the day in the room watching TV or latest movie on with your girlfriend - this is the perfect place to stay!!

Check their rates frequently - they do have specials depending on the week.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade or upper floor
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Irantha D, General Manager at Ramada Encore Kiev, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your 'Excellent' review. We were absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the bar, the room and the breakfast that you experienced. I was particularly pleased to read that you found the service provided by the team to be to your liking and enjoyed the friendly 'hello's' each morning.

Thank you again for the review, we hope to welcome you and your girlfriend back again soon.

Yours sincerely,
Irantha Duwage

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

First class hotel. Loved the layout of the spacious rooms...especially the supper sized bed. Other highlights: two flat screen tvs, free high speed Internet, walking wardrobe, bath tub and power shower, well stocked bar, mood lighting, turn down service. Best thing about the Ramada encore Kiev is their outstanding customer service, They quietly make your visit perfect with small touches, i received every day mini sweets plate at night with personalized greeting card and on arrival a personal letter from the General manager. Great location for long stayers as hotel has ample parking. more over hotel assure hassle free evenings in the bar ( rare in kiev hotels) that puts all other hotels in the area to shame.
Very well run hotel.

Room Tip: PS no Swimming pool or Spa!!
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay; I will ensure that your comments are shared with the team. We do feel that we have amazing product and a team who are passionate to take care of our guest every possible needs like their own, apart from amenities required for comfort factor we believe little added touches will make your stay more closest to your own home..

Let me take this occasion to once again thank you and I sincerely look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to u

Tallinn, Estonia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Nice new hotel to stay in the summer. I wonder though, how the traffic jams will be in the autumn as it is located ca 15 minutes from center.Taxi from hotel to center ca 75 hryvnas (8 euros) with cheapest taxi). Clean, nice, good services, very friendly restaurant staff, comfortable rooms. Thank you.

Dear Madam,
Thank you ever so much for your kind review

I am most pleased to read about what a positive stay you have had, and that the room comfort and service was to your liking. I am very pleased as well that in your correspondence you have singled out restaurant staff for special distinction, and I have ensured that they and their managers have been informed of what a positive impact they have had on your stay.
With regards to the traffic, from the hotel to the European squire in Kiev will take 15 min by car on rush time. If not its only take 10 - 12 min. Some time I wonder 15 minute is how far for a business traveler as if you stay in any international city hotel, get in to the city center by taxi*( depending on where you stay) will take minimum of 10 - 20 minute. Therefor we think Ramada Encore Kiev is the best option available in today’s Kiev marketplace , for anyone looking for an international hotel, impeccable service, hazel free transport and best value for money. Our shuttle bus to select central locations are available free of charge and runs every 45 min around the clock. Full shuttle schedules and more transport details are available on our website.

Thank you very much once again, and I do look forward to having you with us again in the future.
Torino di Sangro, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The hotel is new and it defenetely deserves more than ***! I was staying there with my friends during EURO and I was satisfied with the room amenities as well as with the choice of food and the level of service there. Special gratitute to the hotel staff who do their best to make everything run smoothly - they are really kind and open to guest's needs.
The only minus of the hotel which could be mentioned is its location. Unfortunately it is situated in the suburbs of the city but the hotel organised regular buses to the center of Kiev and to the stadium just for free. So we felt comfortable to travel by bus whenever we needed.
We enjoyed our stay and we hope to come back there soon! Thank you Kiev and Ramada Hotel!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Irantha D, General Manager at Ramada Encore Kiev, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to the area and for sharing your positive comments. We are delighted that you enjoy your stays and that we have become your number 1 choice when traveling to Kiev due to our modern facilities, free shuttle service and helpful, efficient team members. I have shared your comments with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Ascot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This hotel is really everything you could wish for. Spacious room with all the necessary amenities, excellent service. There is not a single negative thing I could say about this hotel. Everything you need from a quality Ramada Encore hotel.
With most of the hotel staff at the hotel speaking perfect English and naturally Ukrainian and Russian as well. The hotel has a trendy bar, as well as a outdoor terrace.The breakfast buffet was excellent, with plenty of choices.
Definitely recommend this hotel and would very likely return.

Room Tip: If the Hotel is not busy, ask at the reception for a upgrade to a one bed apartment.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest
Thank you for your lovely comments about the hotel and for sharing your great experience. I am very pleased that you enjoy staying with us and I will certainly share your comments with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

The hotel is new, very clean, and rooms are in excellent condition, however the location is very very far from the city center and with really limited access to public transportation so you are really trapped into paying taxi drivers outrageous rates strictly reserved for foreigners (like many things in Ukraine). For example a typical ride from the hotel to the city center (Europe Square) should cost 60 to 80 UAH or 7-8 USD however the taxi drivers typically charge foreigners between 200 and 300 UAH or 27 to 37 USD for the same ride. I think the hotel should make an effort to contract with a taxi service that provide fair and reasonable prices for its guests rather than seemingly colluding with the unscrupulous taxi drivers. Similarly, the hotel had a price list for laundry service that I utilized and everything was returned fine, and then I again needed laundry service one day later (2 pair of socks, 2 pair of under shorts and 4 undershirts) and did not notice that they raised prices over night. The total cost of my laundry 460 UAH or 58 USD! I told them to keep the laundry as I could replace it for less and would have had to get a taxi back to the hotel to pick up the laundry and then to the train station costing another 300 to 500 UAH or 37 to 57 USD as I did not receive the laundry back the same day (or the next) despite being told later that it was at the hotel the entire time. The hotel claims to have a shuttle bus service and although they provide a schedule the schedule changed numerous times making it nearly impossible to rely on it and again forcing me to pay the outrageous taxi prices. The hotel was so rigid in its policy as to the times of the shuttle that it left it's guests (me included) stranded in Kiev after the Euro 2012 England v. Italy match that went to 2 added times and penalty kicks, and refused to pick us up after the match! I left the hotel to tour the city one morning and upon arrival back at the hotel in the early evening I found that my room had not been cleaned and I reported the same to front desk staff so that I could receive clean towels etc. The bar staff at the hotel was excellent, however the bar would close before the scheduled time and would not announce last call and would just come around with a final bill and ask you to pay so they could close out, this was also true for the restaurant which is a huge disadvantage for guests as there are no shops, restaurants, nightclubs or anything else near this hotel. The good part of the hotel is its modern rooms although the hotel and rooms seriously lack any information about the hotel's amenities or information about attractions, tours, public transportation etc. so you have to call the front desk about everything making it difficult and time consuming for them and for oneself. I was also told by both Wyndam Rewards (who I booked through) and Ramada that breakfast was included in my rate only to find out upon check-in that it was not and was charged for breakfast each day? This hotel has the potential to be great but seriously needs to have some basic guest relations training and needs to keep its bar and restaurant open for guests especially when an event like Euro 2012 is going on and when they have a bar and restaurant full of guests. The hotel needs to work out the shuttle bus schedule, add hotel information to lobby and to rooms, and be fair and honest in its pricing for added amenities.

Room Tip: Request an upper floor room with view of Motherland Statue! Make sure you check to see if breakfast...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Dear Sir,
Thank you for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor , I am obviously disappointed that you encountered difficulties in regards to Laundry service and charges. It does appear that mistakes were made at our end and I am sorry for the inconvenience and distress this has caused, none was intended.

I understand that the hotel has done everything it can do to resolve the matter and please contact me directly at the following email address:-duwage@encorekiev.com.

In regards to your comment relating to breakfast you were on a special rate as part of special Euro 2012 and as such, the rate was no inclusive of breakfast. For guests who are not on an inclusive rate, we offer numerous breakfast pricing options. I have taken on board your comments regarding the restaurant team and bar closing times have share your feedback with our Food & Beverage Manager. Rest assured this is not indicative of the usual service provided by our energetic professional team.

Your feedback is much appreciated and shared with the team.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

A large 15 storey hotel which is in such a strange location that it appears to have dropped out of the sky. The hotel is brand new and therefore in very good condition but sterile. The rooms offer standard 4 star accomodation. Bathrooms have an excellent walk in shower which is always a plus. The staff were attentive and breakfast good. Do not book this hotel if you are looking to get anywhere on foot, it sits by the side of a four lane motorway and is in the middle of nowhere.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Yuliya P, Public Relations Manager at Ramada Encore Kiev, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking your time to writing the comments on TripAdvisor!

We are very glad that you appreciate our property as a brand new. The hotel is located 15 minutes from the hustle and bustle of the Kiev city centre on the right bank of the Dnepr River. For the guests needs we have a free shuttle bus service to the city center and the airport which goes according to the schedule. Guests may see the schedule at our website or ask at Reception.

Our team is always ready to help!
Wel are looking forward to see you next time!

Been to Ramada Encore Kiev? Share your experiences!