“Real Italian in town” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 969 Restaurants in Kiev
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The basis of the restaurant kitchen, it's different kinds of pasta, which is prepared in the restaurant from a great Italian meal. In the name of a type of pasta - Bigoli - owners and named his restaurant. Now, do not necessarily go to the peninsula to learn to taste what real bigoli with a duck, pasta with seafood, ravioli with rabbit, tagliatelle with porcini mushrooms and other traditional Italian dishes.For the first time in Ukraine is represented mozzarella bar. Such proposals have gained popularity in the world. Twice a week, fresh mozzarella Buffalo, Buratti delivered straight from Italy, so that we can not doubt the quality, freshness and taste of cheese. Mozzarella can be combined with any garnish to taste a guest. It may be Italian sausage, tomato sauce and basil pesto, spicy roasted peppers. In short, all that will have guests to taste.In the restaurant the gourmet shop, where visitors can buy a home cooked pasta in a restaurant, Italian antipasti, olives, sun dried tomatoes, Italian cheeses and sausages, pastry, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.The restaurant is open from 8 am for breakfast and is open until the last customer.
Istanbul, Turkey
“Real Italian in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Very cosy restaurant located centrally ... Friendly service. Real Italian tastes . Prices are moderate. One of the best Italian choice in town.

Kiev, Ukraine
1,341 helpful votes 1,341 helpful votes
“A service disaster”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Don't get me wrong, BIGOLI offers good italian food, maybe even the best quality/price ratio for western food in Kiev - but it doesn't help when the service is unprofessional.

Yesterday I went with some friends to celebrate my birthday. We arrived in time, and - for a Saturday night - it was quite empty (normally it's packed, packed, packed). The waitress first took the order for our drinks since we were waiting for some other friends to arrive. The drinks arrived quick, but the once we ordered cold came warm (it's always like that, it seems they don't put Coke and water in the fridge). So I ordered some ice. I had to remind the waitress and some other waiters 3 times and once when I got loud I received the ice after 30 minutes!!!).

The Olive Oil and Vinegar, which is normally standing on the table, I had to get myself from another table. Tissues? Missing at our table...

The food came - but she brought the second course of my wife first. While we ate our starters she brought the main courses, just put it next to us. She totally ignored that we were still eating our starters. Of course I told her to remove it, bring it when we finished our starters.

When she brought the main course again it was exactly the same, but now completely cold. I told her that I want hot food. She looked at me like she would want to kill me and took the food back to the kitchen. After 10 minutes we got hot food - not sure if it was fresh or just heated up.

This is the second time (out of 3) that in the evening the restaurant doesn't deliver due to bad service. Even the food is better daytime.

The complete set- up is ridiculous! You come with friends, want to celebrate your birthday, and they complete mix it up.

Don't visit this place for special occasions! You might dine here when you're alone - but don't put yourself in the shame of inviting friends to this restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Good new place in Kiev”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

+ Atmosphere
+ very fresh and tasty mozarella and starters
+ Good wine list, very reasonably priced as for Kiev
++ The best panna cotta in town for sure (other desserts are also decent)

- other food (pasta, meat) are good enough but can't say I was overly impressed

Overall, this is great dining place in Kiev, especially for going out with friends. Recommended.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Good food and nice ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We were recommended to visit this new restaurant for food and casual atmosphere.Ambience inside is really cosy and comfort, design is simple but very nice. The food was very good, though service was not impacable. There is still a step needs to be done. Variety of mozarella is great, but again no upselling (no bread was suggested, no focaccia, any condiments...).
Dessert presentation is creative! And again no tea or coffee offered.
Nevertheless, we liked it and definitely I will recommend this place.
Enjoy!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kiev, Ukraine
1,341 helpful votes 1,341 helpful votes
“Very European”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

When you enter BIGOLI you think you just arrived to Western Europe, the design, the food, everything. It's not like a lot of the posh Ukrainian restaurants but more cosy than NAPULE (which is just 300 m down the road) - to say: everything is clear, clean and modern.

The food itself I would rate No. 1 of Italian restaurants in Kiev, no shish-shasha like STEFANO but high quality Italian food with fresh ingredients.

You can chose 4 different kind of Mozzarella and various accomplishments. Also the pasta is very good & home made. The main courses, superb.

Prices for the quality & the city are very reasonable.

Only in case I want a Pizza I would still go to NAPULE.

• Visited December 2012