“Chicken choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of happy chicken grill

happy chicken grill
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Los Angeles, California
“Chicken choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This restaurant is located just around the block from our hotel, The Fairmont Grand Kiev. The prices are reasonable and the food is good, but not great.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Oslo, Norway
“could be better...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I have mixed fillings about my visit to this place. From one side: food is not bad and tasted well, service was pretty quick. From another side - no one let us know that credit card terminals were not working (weren't they?) cause when I contacted my bank immediately - there were no attempts from the restaurant of charging my credit card, I'm not sure what has happened - whether they needed cash or smth was really wrong with c/c machine...
Bill included service charge already, I didn't ask though if this was tips or not.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Buffalo, New York
“Good meal, amusing atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stumbled upon this place looking for a WC. Not really sure how it could be considered "Argentinian." We thought it was "Mexicanish" at first.

Yet is a pleasant place to drop a few hryv. Excellent "White Lion" white beer from Lvivske 1715 Brewery on tap.

The pork belly (bacon) over mushrooms is fantastic.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“not half bad!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Perhaps it was the name that threw me off, and I presume it "sounds better" to a non-native English speaker than a native English speaker. (No, the name Happy Chicken doesn't really call out to me.)

But I was pleasantly surprised. The larger part of the dining room, or perhaps the entire interior (so, including the bar area, maybe?) is non-smoking -- the smokers were all enjoying their ciggies outside in the limited outdoor seating area. The walls are filled with colorful trinkets and brilliant chicken paintings (seriously), with a few TVs for those looking to keep up with the football.

For starters I selected the gazpacho, which came out looking far lighter-colored than I expected, making me think it'd be creamy. But it wasn't. It was cool, light and refreshing, served with chopped egg, croutons, tomatoes and ... I can't remember.... cucumber? on the side. Next came the entree -- "balkarse" -- which was described as "roast bacon, mushrooms, and pepper." Totally delicious, but beware, the description doesn't do it justice. It's absolutely sliced pork *meat*. Maybe tenderloin. But not pork belly/fat. Also, the entire dish was coated in some kind of creamy sauce. Again, very good, but not light. So don't think you're going healthy here.

My companions particularly enjoyed the Greek salad and pumpkin soup. Their entrees (from the "Grill Festival" page) were good but no one was wowed.

Service was friendly and ... patient, given we didn't speak Ukrainian. We also introduced ourselves to Nemiroff honey pepper vodka. Only $1 a shot!

The place seemed to be popular with both locals and expats alike, was quick and easy, affordable, pretty good food. Would recommend for an easy night out if you're in the area.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
miami
“Very nice place :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

I did celebrate my birthday with husbend and 1year old dougter in Happy Chicken Grill . We had botle of champane ,1 caviche, 2 entres: filet mignon and fish kebab and spend 220 hryvnas around 30$ !
Highly recomended this romantic place in beautiful Podol :)