“Very Nice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont Grand Hotel Kyiv

Save Saved
You added Fairmont Grand Hotel Kyiv to your Saves list
Fairmont Grand Hotel Kyiv
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Naberezhno-Khreshchatytska Street, Kiev 04070 , Ukraine   |
Ranked #3 of 113 hotels in Kiev
Varsovie
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Very Nice Hotel in Kiev .. Very high standing, excellent service . only one problem is that in this moment they renove way, they build bridge , and is difficult to find place to parking even if they have garaz

Room Tip: For the moment ( only for the moment) don't tak room wiew Dnipro River , because in the street t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
FairmontKyiv, Front Office Manager at Fairmont Grand Hotel Kyiv, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear wawa51

Greetings from Fairmont Grand Hotel Kyiv!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments on tripadvisor of your stay in Kyiv,

We are delighted to read of you satisfaction with the hotel's service and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

269 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed in this hotel just one night.
Well done Fairmont - everything deserves top mark!

The hotel is beautiful and located right by the river Dnypr. Indeed, there is a construction site right in front of the hotel, which spoils the beautiful view of the river and the park across (if you come very close to the window). However, it's not that bad and being a weekend, there were no works going on.
The front desk personnel extremely courteous and welcoming. And to our surprise - very international. There are quite a few Westerners working in the hotel.
The room was spacious with a gorgeous bathroom. We used a room service and ordered a light lunch. It was well prepared and delivered promptly without any hiccups. We also used express laundry service. Again, no mistakes or delays here.
The breakfast was excellent, but you would not expect anything less from a 5 star hotel.

And a special thank you to the barmen - Aleksandr and Dmitriy - who made world class cocktails for us. Well done!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
FairmontKyiv, Front Office Manager at Fairmont Grand Hotel Kyiv, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Julia P

Greetings from Fairmont Grand Hotel Kyiv!

Our Barmen Aleksandr & Dmitriy are very excited to hear your feedback and I am sure it will provide them with great motivation for the future.

We are delighted to read your memories of your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back in the future to provide many more.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I visited in October 2012. At the time, there was MASSIVE construction on one side of the hotel, which the staff told us was expected to last until May 2013 (but conceded it wouldn't be surprising if it lasted longer.) I'd call to ask whether that's ongoing before you make your reservations, as it did cause us some trouble with traffic; you can sidestep it to a point by walking a few blocks to catch a cab and having them drop you off elsewhere as well or by taking the subway. The traffic and thus delay it caused didn't bother me too, too much, though my colleagues were frustrated by the inconvenience. I didn't find that the construction caused a great deal of noise, however, and the windows did a pretty good job of shutting out the work. That said, if you're a light sleeper, I would recommend requesting a room on the inner portion of the hotel (windows open toward the center of the building) or on the backside (not as quiet as the center, but pretty darn.)

Beyond this however, I thought the hotel beautiful and comfortable and the staff attentive, friendly and helpful. After seven nights, I decided I wanted to spend my last two on the backside of the building (which has a lovely city and river view) to avoid the construction noise, and they very gladly helped me make the switch. The rooms themselves are also lovely and the bed comfy. I did have a bit of trouble with the A/C in my first room, where I could never get it to be quite as cold at night as I wanted, though they did make an attempt to fix it (which worked temporarily; then I switched rooms.)

The fitness center is small but still has both cardio and weight machines, and the times when I wasn't alone, I still could get a machine. They provide Perrier still and sparkling water in glass bottles (which I found strange and not particularly conducive to a workout environment), snack bars and Vitamin water. Also stocks hand towels and cups with water. The machines are not equipped with video or audio so, naturally, headphones are not provided.

Breakfast is delicious. It included made-to-order omelettes that were *almost* as good as my dad's. Fresh bread, muffins, fruit, fresh juice, meats, salad, baklava on the weekend, hot bar that varies (some traditional Ukrainian fare as well as bacon, grilled veggies, cream of wheat or oatmeal depending on the day, scrambled eggs, etc.) The lounge is decent though the drinks perhaps overpriced, as one might expect of a hotel bar (though still more affordable than drinks at the Lotte in Moscow!)

As I mentioned, the hotel is extremely metro accessible, only a block away, plus just a street away from a strip with a number of restaurants.

Would happily return next time I'm in town.

Room Tip: Quietest rooms are on the interior, with windows that open only to the center of the building (so I...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear tmichellea

Greetings from Fairmont Grand Hotel Kyiv!

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.

Great feedback drives the team forward and team and excited to hear of your fond memories of Kyiv & the hotel.

We are glad you felt at home here at Fairmont Grand Hotel Kyiv and are proud that our omelettes stand up against your father’s.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to Kyiv in the near future.

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Have stayed at the Fairmont between FEB 13 and 16, 2013. Have enjoyed my stay there very much. The rooms are great, very spacious, with great views over Dnipro river. All staff make an extra effort to provide an excellent service. The extra costs (transport, restaurants and bar) are very reasonable and I got excellent value for the money spent. Breakfasts and all other meals have been perfect. A true 5 star hotel - and to receive such service in Ukraine meant even more to me. I am looking forward to many more stays at The Fairmont Grand Kyiv.

Room Tip: Book a room with a view over Dnirpo river - it is well worth it ...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
FairmontKyiv, Front Office Manager at Fairmont Grand Hotel Kyiv, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Urs E H

Greetings from Fairmont Grand Hotel Kyiv!

I would like to thank you for your positive review, the team is delighted to read such great feedback.

Our mission is to ‘Turn Moments into Memories’ for our guests and it is very exciting to read your delightful experience here at the hotel.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I discovered this rare gem by chance after first booking at my previous favourite Hotel in Kiev the Intercontinental which I have stayed in numerous times. I was reviewing Trip Advisor late one night in December prior to my trip in January and was surprised to learn that Fairmont Hotels had open a new facility in Kiev. I inquired with Fairmont's North American reservations desk and after being informed of a special suite price over the festive season in Ukraine we booked our stay. Our booking for two weeks included as part of our package breakfasts and all dinners a'la carte for two daily at their wonderful Strand restaurant.

Everything was absolutely first class with our experience staying here. From arrangements with Alexander at the concierges desk for 27 roses for my fiancée being in their house Mercedes 600 to picking her up at her place to meet me at the airport and back to the hotel. The bell boy handled our bags swiftly and check in, was less than a couple of minutes. The room approximately 65 square meters was impeccably furnished, a well laid out living area with a hallway with closets along the corridor separating a large bedroom with king bed and an amazingly gorgeous bathroom with a large counter top, beautiful mirror and sink, standup shower , huge soaking tub, toilet and bidet.

The service we received was stellar, always being greeted by name whether in the foyer departing for the evening , at the restaurant, or in the gym. Unbelievable!

I need to mention the food at the Strand as it deserves honourable mention. The buffet breakfast and dinners were excellent. The steak and seafood were absolutely delicious, wonderfully prepared and the presentation and service was awesome.

We were really spoiled and pampered durning our stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings from Fairmont Grand Hotel Kyiv!

The team is very excited to receive your feedback and I am sure Alexander and The Strand colleagues will take your praise as great motivation to keep striving forward.

All of us take pride in exceeding our guests expectations and “Turning Moments into Memories” and we are glad to see that you have truly enjoyed your stay with us.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to Kyiv in the near future.

Kiev, Ukraine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

great staff, but located at a huge construction area around 15 min. from the city center

they have one of the few non smoking bars in kiev!

Many facncy events.

Not good: The restaurant and the missing fitness facilities

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
FairmontKyiv, Manager at Fairmont Grand Hotel Kyiv, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear RG1RG2

Greetings from Fairmont Grand Hotel Kyiv!

Thank you for posting your review on the Trip Advisor e-community.

I am sure the whole team will be delighted to see your feedback.

I would be happy to find out more about your restaurant feedback, please do feel free to send me an e-mail at fabien.gastinel@fairmont.com.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and looking forward to seeing you again at our Hotel.

Warm Regards
Fabien Gastinel
Director of Operations
Moscow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

If you are visiting Kyiv you'd like to stay in this hotel, everything was super! Most of all very friendly and helpful staff, large rooms. We only ate breakfast at the hotel, all you can wish for was there and delicious. Defiantly would recommend it.

Room Tip: No swimming pool but there is a steam room)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear RG1RG2,

Greetings from Fairmont Grand Hotel Kyiv!

On behalf of the whole team, I would like to thank you for the wonderful comments.

Feedback is always a source of motivation for our employees and we are very thankful that you have shared your positive experience. The whole team will be very proud to read such feedback.

We are all looking forward to welcome you back to your new home away from home in the city of Kyiv.

Best regards,

Fabien Gastinel
Director of Operations

Been to Fairmont Grand Hotel Kyiv? Share your experiences!