“cosmopolite” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 114 Hotels in Kiev
Zaporizhzhya, Ukraine
“cosmopolite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

cosmopolite is a good hotel with a nice room service reception and all just the restaurant the service there a little not good but the other service is very beautiful so any one want to go to kiev chose the cosmopolite hotel

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

The hotel is new, nice and clean. Staff kind, friendly.
There is two differant restaurant. German and French. The favorit for me was the German. The "Wienner schnitzel" with potato salad was perfect.
One time the checking out was very early and the staff prepared a breakfast pack for me with a sandwich, yoghurt, pie, apple and one bottle of mineral water. I was very kindly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Nicosia, Cyprus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Clean new modern rooms, albeit small, and graceful staff, in the middle of a shopping mall. No room service, no money exchange at reception, no room charge permitted. Smoking rooms are NOT available, a great inconvenience for smokers who have to run down to the exit in front of the lobby for a quickie in the Ukrainian cold. The only english channels were BBC news and CNN. Not much for your entertainment. Location not central, therefore not very convenient, especially amid the heavy Kiev traffic. Both restaurants were very disappointing, but breakfast relatively good. On the bright side the wifi was fast and available everywhere in the premises.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
David P, General Manager at Cosmopolite Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts regarding your recent stay at the Cosmopolite!
We always appreciate comments from our guests and where there are suggestions for improvements we will strive to make changes and corrections to our services in the shortest possible time frame!
They do say feedback is the breakfast of champions and we heartily agree and do try to improve everything we do every day!
Look forward to welcoming you back in the not so distant future to the beautiful city of Kiev!
Bye for now. David
Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I was impressed !! It is my second stay at the Hotel, Staff really above the norm for luxury hotels. Their attitude says it all, keeps a warm welcoming & smiling starting from reception till the housekeeping staffs, my room was very well cleaned more better i done at home !
In addition i did spend time in the big mall Nearby you have a shopping mall with bowling, ice skiting, gaming hall, a movie center
I love it, certainly will come back again !!.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I am really satisfied but while check in one of the hotel staff came and ask me if i steal a towel. This was very rude since i have decided twice to select your respected hotel and paid big amount of money. This was disappointed

• Stayed April 2013
David P, General Manager at Cosmopolite Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. We are happy that you were overall very satisfied with your stay. Rest assured I will review the check-out procedures and we offer our apologies for any discomfort felt.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Cosmopolite Hotel.
David Page
Beverley, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights on the last days of my trip around Europe. The hotel is amazing. It's really modern, nice and comfortable. The breakfast is really good with a good selection of hot and cold options. Location is about 10 minutes walk from metro but next door to a shopping centre with good facilities. I would highly recommend the hotel, I would probably say it's the best hotel in Ukraine due to it's newness and modern style. The only thing that let it down was the checkout procedure. I handed in my key card and was asked if I had used anything from the mini bar. I said no. I was then told to wait for a few moments and the receptionist made a call. I waited for a bit and asked what I was waiting for and was told the maid was going to check I hadn't left anything in the room. Like any traveller would, I double checked the room before leaving to make sure I hadn't left anything. The real reason was obviously to check I hadn't broken anything and if I had used anything from the mini bar. I am a solo young male traveller so not sure if they do the same for all guests. I'm quite sure they wouldn't put their business guests through the same procedure. I've stayed in hundreds of hotels across the world and have never been asked to wait while my room was checked. Anyway the procedure was awkward and uncomfortable and made for a bad start to the last day of my holiday. I emailed the hotel telling them my thoughts who soon replied an apologised, but it sounded like it's just standard policy. They really should just ask for a credit card at the start of the stay as a guarantee instead like most other hotels to avoid this. Overall, amazing hotel and breakfast, bad let down by a bad checkout experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Maur, Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Hotel standard is really good, breakfast is great.
Only negative aspects:
- Not central: 10 Minutes walk to next Metro station, taxi about 150 UAH to center.
- They try to make money with arranging taxis, but give wrong reasons ("Taxi is expensive today due to snow", but I realized driver got same money as always, so hotel took 120 UAH just for the arrangement)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
David P, General Manager at Cosmopolite Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the positive post about your recent stay at the Cosmopolite Hotel, Kiev. I am pleased that all went well with the exception of the incident regarding the taxi service. I will investigate the overcharging and will be happy to make amends when you next visit us. We certainly apologize for that as we are for sure not here to take advantage of that massive snow event!!
Look forward to seeing the next time and pls let us know in advance of your arrival so we can welcome you and ensure that all is in order.
Bye for now. David Page General Manager

Been to Cosmopolite Hotel? Share your experiences!