“It's not just the curtains...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Alfavito Hotel

You added Alfavito Hotel to your Saves list
Alfavito Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Predslavinskaya Street., 35D, Kiev 03150, Ukraine (Formerly Autograph Hotel)   |
Ranked #10 of 114 Hotels in Kiev
Certificate of Excellence 2014
York, United Kingdom
“It's not just the curtains...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Hotels are essentially places to sleep, wash and sometimes eat...
Well the shower was ok. Sleep was shortened by the fact that the thin curtains didn't meet in the centre and I was woken each morning by sun streaming in at 5.30am. Breakfast was pretty poor for this level of hotel and the breakfast room like most of the hotel was dark and austere. On the plus point I did have a nice soup for lunch outside on the patio so not all bad. Internet service was fine..
Business stay so no choice but I hope not to be returning...

Room Tip: Check the curtains!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Oleg_Nesvirskyy, Manager at Alfavito Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Jon,
We would like to thank you for sharing your experience and showing us how we can improve and develop our service. Our team would like the opportunity to assure you that we will take all remarks into consideration. We really hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with outstanding service in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The hotel is very well maintained. the stuff is nice and helpful, rooms are spacious and clean,Wi-Fi is fast and it is free. A subway station is right near by, connection to the city center is fast. If you don’t have breakfast included in your stay it is more expensive than most of the places in the city.
The transportation. If you use the subway, be sure you are done with your activity before midnight to get into the station before it is closed. The taxi price in relation to the hotel in my experience (on the higher end): City Center to the hotel UAG 100 (after subway is closed for the night), Airport to hotel UAG 250. You can negotiate better rate, especially if you speak Russian or Ukrainian.

Отель в прекрасном состоянии, удобный, чистый и рядом с метро. Завтрак по цене - чистый грабеж, но вкусный. Обслуживающий персонал - очень вежливый и всегда старается помочь. (не забудьте про чаевые), интернет быстрый и устойчивый. Вообще - очень неплохое место. Такси на крещатик 100 гривен (после закрытия метро), в Борисополь - 250, но можно наверное сторгаваться подешевле.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sasha,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It is truly an honor that our level of service was able to meet your expectations. Our team members are glad that you have enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Woking
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for the weekend, and picked it primarily because it looked like value for money. When we first arrived I as immediately impressed by how beautifully decorated the lobby is, you'd be forgiven for thinking you we're in a much pricier hotel given how posh it looks. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful, from the concierge to the porter they were absolute stars, the porter even gave me a good rundown on the best local bars and explained that, since he was a guitarist in a band, he'd played a number of them. The room itself as spacious, well decorated and spotless, the bathroom was fairly small and basic but perfectly decent, and the beds were big and very comfortable. The breakfast was decent enough without being anything to write home about, if you turn up towards the end of the breakfast period chances are you'll find that a number of the dishes have run out, overall though it was decent quality and plentiful. Overall I'd highly recommend the place as somewhere to stay, it's great value for money and on the metro you're only 3 stops from the main are for bars and restaurants.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Oleg_Nesvirskyy, Manager at Alfavito Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank You for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We are happy that You found our porter Vladimir very helpful and friendly. The whole team will be very proud to read such a positive feedback. Our staff do their best to make stay of each guest unforgettable. We are always looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The first impressions I got of the Alvavito Hotel was the impeccable staff that were a credit to the Hotel, they were all immaculately presented and spoke very good English. Booking in was problem free, and the information provided at reception regarding what to do/see was very useful.
The room was a generous size, it had free wifi, which was very easy to join, and the TV was a good size, the mini bar was well stocked (but also very expensive!) I didnt use the full facilites of the hotel, so am unable to pass comment on them. Basically all I wanted was a 'crash pad'-somewhere to sleep and shower, and the room was super for this. The only 'negatives' that I can write about are the lack of tea making facilities, (you need to bring your own kettle, cups etc.. ) and the location- some webpages state that this hotel is in the center, when in fact its not. To get to the heart of Kiev you need to use the metro (3 stops) and if you havent used the metro before,it can be a little intimidating. I cant fault the hotel, or its staff, with what I experienced and in view of the fact it didnt break the bank, I think its very good value for money. If asked would I recommend it or use it again ,I would say Yes if you are on a budget,-but if you are after a hotel that is in the heart of Kiev this may not be for you- (I must confess being out of the city and using the metro made me learn more about the everyday people though). Overall I would give this a rating of 8 out of 10, based on what I experienced on the 4 nights I stayed and used at the hotel

Room Tip: the room I stayed in was on the 2nd floor and was very quiet, each night I had ,I had an interupted...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Oleg_Nesvirskyy, Manager at Alfavito Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Jon286,

Thank you so much for giving Alfavito a review! It is indeed a pleasure to receive such a high mark for the work of our staff. Room service is available 24/7 to provide our guest with drinks and food. Yet, a kettle can be provided on request also.
Location of the hotel is mostly a matter of taste. It is neither too close, nor too far from downtown. Depending on the weather one might choose to do sightseeing on foot or by transportation.
“Being very good value for money” is a great recommendation to the Trip Advisor community! Our hope is that more Kyiv visitors will say “Yes” to Alfavito just as you did.
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at Alfavito Hotel 1 night during the May holidays. The overall experience was above my expectations.

To start with, I was very suprised with the value: it was absolutely acceptable even in the hot period such as May holidays.

The hotel itself was also fine. Someone may be upset with the location, but generally it is central. It takes 15 or 20 minutes to get to Kreshatik by feet from there walking by beautiful Krasnoarmeiskaya street. This is not to mention the nearby metro station and cheap Kiev taxis.

The front desk guys were very friendly and helpful. Both check-in and check-out procedures took minimum time. They also helped us with luggage.

The lobby area is well decorated, but rather small. There are a bar and a restaurant on the ground floor, probably there is more space there, but we haven't visited them.

The living room was quite sppacious, as well as the bathroom. The dominant color in the room and in the coridors is brown. The bed was very comfortable. Everything was absolutely clean. The one thing I didn't really like was the abscence of standard chair and armchair in the room. There was a table for working, a kind of pouffe, coffee table and a big armchair near it. So, if you want to work at the table you should move an armchair there. But it is not the crucial issue.

The rest, including Internet connection (with an amazingly long password), was fine.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Oleg_Nesvirskyy, Manager at Alfavito Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
We sincerely appreciate the time you took to write your review about Alfavito hotel. It was very enjoyable to read it.
Every opinion about our hotel is highly valuable to our team. And we are always happy to meet our guests’ expectations.
Our personnel look forward to welcoming you again next time!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed at Alfavito Hotel for four days on a business trip to Kiev, The location is great since it is close to the metro, but isn't bothered by extremely busy streets. The staff was extremely helpful and a few employees were even completely fluent in English. Check-in was a breeze. The rooms were remarkable and very spacious. I thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast options that were available, and had a great dinner at the hotel restaurant. I was feeling some tension in my shoulders and back after the flight and went to the hotel spa. I felt fantastic after the massage, and it really helped elevate my mood.I had a great time looking through the photo album of all of the Ukrainian and international celebrities that previously stayed at Alfavito.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Oleg_Nesvirskyy, Manager at Alfavito Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank You so much for the review! We are happy You enjoyed your stay at Alfavito to the full. We are looking forward to welcoming You again whenever life brings You to the amazing city of Kyiv! Thank You again for taking time to share the impressions of Alfavito.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I just stayed here with a large group and we were overall very happy. The rooms and lobby were so nicely decorated and very clean and comfortable. The location was very convenient and there was a nice restaurant not far away that I went to twice (Miami). The food in the lobby bar was reasonably priced and also very good, but the drinks were very overpriced. The only complaint my group collectively had was how slow the service at the bar was. It was apparent we were too many; it took one man over an hour to get and pay for two sandwiches and two glasses of wine. That was typical of the service. I went later in the evening and it was much faster so if the bar is crowded expect insane delays of service; otherwise all very well taken care of. When we checked out there was a list of charges that were demanded and my group, not being new to this, all produced the receipts for ALL payments and we were released. Admin was bit slow on that part!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Oleg_Nesvirskyy, Manager at Alfavito Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Kimberley Maynard,
We take being called “Great Place to Stay in Kyiv” as a great compliment from You! Thank You for recommending Alfavito to others by giving us a review. We are happy that You liked the location, the rooms and the food.
We tender our apologies for the delays. It was our joy to provide service to your team. We are looking forward to welcoming You at Alfavito again on your next trip to Kyiv! Thank You once again for the review!

Been to Alfavito Hotel? Share your experiences!