“good value and very central” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HI Hostel Really Central Kiev

You added HI Hostel Really Central Kiev to your Saves list
HI Hostel Really Central Kiev
1.5 of 5 Hostel   |   Bogdana Khmelnitskogo Str., Building nr 10 | Floor 2. Apt. 50, Kiev, Ukraine   |
Ranked #107 of 273 Specialty Lodging in Kiev
London, United Kingdom
“good value and very central”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Good for the price - very clean when we were there and quiet location in courtyard. No good if you want a social hostel as there is no central hub , but fine for a visit and it is right next to the metro and the centre

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My original hostel Apart Central overbooked so I was placed here - the hostel is difficult to locate as it is behind the courtyard. The rooms are standard size with new paint, but the real problem is the shared bathroom - there is only one shower and one small toilet for 4 rooms so they are constantly busy. The thin hallway triples as a kitchen, bar, storage room, and the staff are rarely around, could not find one when I realized there was no towel. The worst thing is the noise, the two nights I stayed there was noise throughout the night, doors slamming shut, people drinking in their rooms and talking loudly, and then one guy vomiting in the sink around 6 am. Also, there were people partying outside in the courtyard, playing music from their car. A cheap price might justify staying here, but you can find much cheaper, quieter and better facilities elsewhere for less.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Ziar nad Hronom, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I do not understand some reviews down. In my opinion hostel is really comfortable, (we had a double room) and I felt there like in some big family. Staff was really helpfull and english "compatible ". Only negative was one night during we cant sleep due the very noisy visitors but after midnight was everything OK.
Thaks for stay, if I will be in Kiev again we will see there .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Horsham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Overbooked but 'surprisingly' had room put me ( and others) in another facility a block away, this could explain some of the spread of earlier comments - there was series of two foot high graffiti within the building No air con or card phones or common room, (small sofa in corridor) as claimed by them elsewhere on the web.This building would be closed down in the united kingdom.

No kitchen , had a microwave and a kettle on a shelf.. NO kitchen sink , there was a single sink in the single bathroom only If bathroom busy then you could not wash your hands or fill the kettle or wash a cup.

Bath was thick with black mould . No lockers ........Main hostel does not have a kitchen facility either ( other than the microwave and kettle !)

The staff are friendly and do keep the corridors and the rooms tidy. I was charged essentially the same as a first class hostel in Vienna for facilities that are in part third-world.

Room Tip: You really need to book another hostel if at all possible, there are a very limited number of good r...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I can't believe their mentality and hospitality or should I use this word, honesty ?

I booked a bed in 5 bed dorm through booking com. I sent some emails even right before my arrival such as reconfirmation and payment method, towel query etc. The staff never mentioned that this hostel was currently under renovation.

Upon my arrival in the early morning, I realised that the bell at the door was broken, I had to knock the door hard for minutes to wake up someone. Finally a lady showed up, but the moment the door was open, it was obvious that this hostel was not under situation to accept guests. The lady explained that renovation work was going on and she would take me another hostel at 12:00, because it was 7:00 and she was not expecting me at such an early morning.

My question is how come they did not inform me of renovation ? I am sure that it did not start today. The rule in booking.com says that they accept cancellation. I could have booked another hostel.
Or
I could have gone to the alternative hostel directly if they had told me the reason behind it.
Bringing a heavy suitcase all the way in unfamiliar city for nothing is pretty much unwelcome. I had to come back to hostel after 12:00, which is more than time consuming and ruined my day. What is worse, the alternative hostel, One Step Independence Square hostel is awful. The worst hostel, ever. Unprofessional staff, dirty. In spite of I booked 5 bed dorm, they put me 8 bed dorm. Still I am charged the same rate. Never stay both hostel. It will be horrible mistake

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Hostel Really central in Kiev, from Saturday 8th June to Monday 10th June. it is in a courtyard, in a big apartment block, which was quite intimidating. There is a lift which as I suffer from fear of lifts, i was unable to use it so we used the stairs. We had stayed at the Garagin Hostel in Kiev prior to staying here, and was confused by it being in an apartment block. And on the morning that we left, we were suprised by 2 homeless people sleeping right by the hostels door, which was a surprise.
inside the hostel, the room was a good size and the beds were comfy. One thing I would say is one the bunk beds, there isn't a ladder to get up, so my friend had to literally jump onto my bed to get up there. We didn't use the kitchen when we were there, but it there microwave and a kettle which was outside our room.
The staff were friendly, and helpful, as they supplied us with a taxi on Monday morning. The location is amazing!! Right in the centre of Kiev, and it was great to walk out of the hostel and be right near the beautiful independent square. We had a great time staying at the hostel really central, and we are hoping on coming back to Kiev next year to take up one of their exclursions to Chernoboyl. Thank you to the staff, hopefully see you next year :)

• Stayed June 2013
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

As soon as I walked in the staff couldn't of been more helpful. I had no idea where I was and what I was doing in my one night stop over in Kiev before flying out in the morning. Within five mins I knew how where the coffee was and had a map with landmarks circled so I could easily go and explore. The hostel itself is slap bang in the middle of the city centre.

Really friendly staff, very clean and nice environment. Definitely one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in and in terms of the owner and staffs helpfulness it's better than a lot of 4 - 5 stars I've stayed in!

I did see some other reviews that weren't positive about the staff but I have to say that just wasn't my experience. Perhaps another time another day I don't know.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to HI Hostel Really Central Kiev? Share your experiences!