“Excellent fish!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #235 of 913 Restaurants in Kiev
Cuisines: Italian, African, Seafood, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Da Vinci Fish Club is Italian cuisine restaurant at the heart of Kiev. Interior is made in the Renaissance style. In the middle of the hall there is a big round bar in the form of Venetian hat and 12 blowing heads. Beneath the ceiling “floats” a real gondola.In Veroneze banquet hall, accommodating 14 – 20 people, there are art reproductions of the famous Italian painters. Comfortable in a family way is Library hall: bookcases with books, synopsis of classicists and styluses, as well as a VIP-hall for 6 people called Coliseum. On the second floor there are romantic Romeo and Juliet balconies for lovers. Hi-tech hall for non-smokers dramatically differs from the general old Italian style of the restaurant and fits better with the modern view of Kiev over the window. On the windows there are genre photos from the life of Italians, both famous and unknown; all interior elements are made from metal.At the restaurant in full public view there are two big fish tanks with live lobsters. You just need to choose the lobster and it will be prepared according to your taste preferences. Special attention of gourmands deserves the preparation of “flambe” dishes. Every young cook can prepare pizza for himself and his parents under our sensitive guidance. Specialties are served in up-scale handmade dishware.You won’t feel bored in Da Vinci Fish Club. Every evening (except for Sundays) here is the live music, as well as the Italian songs performed by our waiters. Different events, parties, carnivals and festivals are often carried out in this place during which the whole staff is dressed in chic carnival costumes and the restaurant itself turns into festive Italy.In a word, welcome to Da Vinci Fish Club!Da Vinci Fish Club restaurant serves the traditional Italian dishes masterly prepared by the Executive Chief Salvatore De Vivo. Salvatore was born in Naples, he studied and worked in Italy, Germany, Holland, USA, and is a member of the Italian Chief Federation. Among his guests at different times were Toto Cutugno, Helmut Kohl and many other famous celebrities. In USA Salvatore worked as a Executive Chief in Francis Coppola’s restaurant where among his regular guests were Julia Roberts and Nicolas Cage.Open for yourself the pleasure and enjoyment, tasting the new masterpieces from Salvatore De Vivo. "I am happy to do my favorite work and I am doing my best to make the guests feel the warmth, softness and elegance of the Italian atmosphere here, in Da Vinci Fish Club".
Bolton, Lancashire
“Excellent fish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I had an early evening business meeting at this restaurant. The service was a little poor at first. It was difficult to order a drink. Perhaps they didn't want to disturb our conversation. However, once we had ordered our food, the service was good. They didn't bother us too much. My main course was a light salad with Sea Bass fillets. It was very tasty and well cooked. My colleague had the salt baked Sea Bass which was filleted table side. He said it was also very good. I can see that there have been mixed reviews for this restaurant. My experience was good. It is conveniently located for some of our visits and we'll probably try it again.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Rome, Italy
“A true Robbery!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I was in this restaurant for the second time.. but it will be for sure MY LAST!

A bill of 410 Euros in 2 person, for ONE fish (not lobster), 4 ostrichs and HALF bottle of champagne is utterly UNACCETTABLE!!!!

Prices are NOT just high.. they are simply ridiculous!!! In any restaurant of a Western capital town of similar level you'll find such prices, totally disconnected from quality (that is mediocre).

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND TO BOYCOT IT, or just leave it to mafiosi and vulgar new riches!!
Trip Advisor should invite customer to find other places in Kiev, where you can have much better quality at much more reasonable prices.

From my side, I will do my best to INFORM ALL my acquaintances to STAY AWAY from that den of thieves!!!

• Visited February 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“AVOID THIS PLACE A WASTE OF MONEY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

from the get go I had a negative feeling for some reason, there was another couple next to us that had issues with their food, they spoke a foreign language but I could see they were not happy.
We placed our order and from the appetizer to the main meal is was a disaster , I almost regret to write this review and wasting even more time on this place, but if it saves aggravation to someone else is a worthy cause, I guess. I had read so many positive reviews about this place, I there was only one negative one so I decided to ignore it and I tried it...mistake...oh well.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Christchurch
“Very expensive mediocre food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We were really disappointed by the standard of food. I had the seafood risotto, it was ok, the mussels were tiny! I guess I had been spoilt having had a delicious seafood risotto at Oliva a few days before, massive tasty mussels at a third of the price!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Superb service and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Decided to try all the seafood including a freshly cooked lobster. The food was perfectly prepared and the service matched it. Very expensive though at $500 a head without wine but this was also due to my choice of meal.

• Visited July 2013