“One of the three best hotels in Kiev” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 113 Hotels in Kiev
Milano
“One of the three best hotels in Kiev”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

This was not the first time for me at Intercontinental Kiev. It's really a top level hotel, luxury, very good looking, top level service. I am Ambassador member so I booked for a guest room and I got a deluxe one. Room is very nice, not very big, luxury furnitures, bed was very big, tall and comfortable. Bathroom is very cozy with separate shower and bath. Room was very clean and I got free internet connection and frigobar was complementary. Breakfast is really huger and luxury and quality of food is very good, which is not always normal in countries as Ukraine and Russia. Interncontinental people were always kind, polite, available and all of them speak English well. The lounge bar is very cozy and elegant, of course we are talking about a 5 stars luxury hotel so you can spend 7,5 Euro for a cappuccino. The lunge bar is also very comfortable for business reasons. Prices are around Euro 310 for a guest room breakfast and taxes included. Pay attentuion if you come there on June 2012 becasue prices will be two or three times higher due to European Football Championships. Very nice hotel!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
InterContinentalKyiv, Manager at InterContinental Kiev, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for writing the review. We are delighted to hear that you continue to enjoy the quality of our facilities and services. We have passed your review to our colleagues and are anticipating your next stay at our hotel.

Best regards,
Hotel Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

The first room I was given in this hotel on a supposedly non smoking floor was very smokey. I complained to the front desk and they moved me to a fresher room on a different floor. The hotel does allow smoking, however, in all of its restaurants and bars. They have a designated smoking area at breakfast but the smoke still travels throughout the restaurant.

The service on the front desk is particularly sloppy. My bill contained numerous errors and they completely messed up putting transactions through on my credit cards so I had various amounts being reversed in and out. A total mess for doing my expesnes !

The hotel does offer a good car service which we used to and from the airport and also to get to various meetings. The cars are very clean and have proper seat belts.

Room Tip: Dont hesitate to complain if your room smells of cigarette smoke.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced in our hotel. We have taken your comments on board to improve our efficiency.

We are looking forward in living up to your expectations with your next stay with us and we remain at your disposal.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

I have to say, im very surprised by this hotel. I have been staying at the Intercontinental in many country's and this is by far the best Intercontinental. Nice staff, nice rooms, nice B-hush bar at the rooftop. You always feel very welcomed by the staff, and you dont even have to wave to get the attention from them!

The only negative thing, is that i (after about three stays) never gotten the room facing the street, just the backside of the hotel. But since im returning tomorrow, i hope that it will happen!

P.Westberg
Stockholm
Sweden

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Westberg,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are very pleased to see the recognition of our hotel as a top InterContinental . We value our returning guest and just request your preferred view and we will do our best to accommodate you.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

Hotel Intercontinental Kiev is one of the best I have stayed at in Kiev with a great location.

The reception and lobby area are very grand and the staff were very efficient making the check-in process very quick and simple. Staff had a good fluency in English.

The room was very and comfortable, with a huge bed. Flat screen TV was good but there were limited English channels available apart from the usual news channels. There was a good working desk, and the internet was fast. A free mini bar with a good range of water, soft drinks and beers was well stocked during the stay

The bar on the ground floor was a good place to meet friends and have a quiet drink. The restaurant was good with a good menu in the evening although the service could be improved on. Breakfast provided a wide variety. The health club, pool and sauna were good and not overcrowded in the evenings.
Overall, staff were great, helpful and friendly which has not always been my experience in Kiev.
Certainly would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location and the amenities provided in the rooms for your convenience. We were delighted to pass your comments to our members of the staff. We are looking forward in welcoming you back in our hotel.

Best regards,
hozkhar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

Hotel Intercontinental Kiev is a great option, one of the best, to stay in the capital of Ukraine.
The place mixes the luxury with a great standar of service.

It's located close to the main churches, to the main square and to many shopping centers. Also it's near by good restaurants and bars.

The service of the staff is very good, all of them speaks at least english and of course russian or ukranian.

The rooms are very confortable, with a great bed, and with some complements like a good desk, a speaker for the iphone, tv with some many international channels.

They have a bar in the first floor that is good for a drink or to eat something. A restaurant to have a great breakfas with a variety of options. Also they have a club in the 11 floor that is actually really good, with the only problem of the many prostitutes around. The food in this club is good and the prices of the drinks are reasonable.

I almost forget, they give you in the hotel FREE MINI BAR, so you have soft drinks and even beers in your room for free.
I booked a transport with the hotel from the airport and the driver was so good and kind.

A high point of the hotel is the help that the concierge personnel can give you. They know everything about the area and can help you with the taxis. Also they can help you if you need to take a taxi a do not speak ukraine, just called them and let them talk with the driver to take you where you want to go.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room with a view of the church next door or the city.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
InterContinentalKyiv, Manager at InterContinental Kiev, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. It’s a pleasure for us to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We will pass your great comments to our staff.

Look forward to welcoming you very soon.

Regards,
Hotel Management.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

My wife, my father and I stayed the first time at the Intercontinental in Kiev in August (2011). We reserved 2 rooms and on the surface everything seemed to be o.k. until we asked to book for us a nice restaurant. I was to host a group of 8 people. I asked them to confirm to me that the restaurant accepts American Express Card. The restaurant was booked in the name of Intercontinental. After a nice dinner when the time came to pay almost $2,000 tab I learned that they did NOT accept AMEX. Well after several calls to Intercontinental and reminding them that they confirmed to me that I will not have any problem paying with AMEX and that I left other cards in my room safe the hotel finally agreed to guarantee for me the bill. For a 5 star hotel to leave its customer on his own for almost 1 hour (in semi hostile situation) when they admitted that they made the mistake is completely inexcusable. The next day they profusely apologized and we settled the restaurant bill with them. They then handed to us an official apology letter. We then asked the front desk to wake us at 5 am the following morning to catch our international flight. To our despair they did not call our room and we arrived to the airport after the cut-off time. Well, we received another apology letter.
This February I and my friend stayed for 3 nights at the Intercontinental. I reminded them of the experiences I had with my previous stay and said I was willing to give them another chance. They assured me that this time everything will be perfect. Unfortunately the second day a gold bracelet I accidentally left on my desk disappeared.(The bracelet was the wedding gift from my wife).The answer , after they said that they conducted a thorough internal investigation, was that the employees who entered our room were working there for almost 3 years and they have never had any similar problem with them previously..?? Unhappy with the outcome I called local police (not very advisable ) and 5 strong policemen interviewed me and asked me ..."how long I had known my friend". After that, almost 1 hour, interrogation Police assigned a Case # and provided a telephone number to enquire about any development (?)

Well, one should learn from my experience that Intercontinental in Kiev should not be classified as 5 star hotel. They are maximum somewhere between 3 and 4 stars. The service is questionable and you are on your own if problems arise. Do not think for a moment that you should expect anything more than high level of indifference.

I will not give any more chances to any Intercontinental whether in Shanghai , Toronto and definitely not in Kiev.

Good Luck !

Andrew Krawczyk
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
InterContinentalKyiv, Manager at InterContinental Kiev, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Dear Mr. Krawczyk,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and my apologies that the hotel did not live up to your expectation.

According to our security policy a detailed investigation was done internally and details were passed to the police. The results of police investigation will be provided to you as soon as it will be finished.

We apologise for the inconvenience you experienced and we remain at your disposal.

Hotel Management.
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

I spent four days as part of a business trip in the hotel and all I really enjoyed it. The hotel is recommended in any case, while Kiev may not be the place for sightseeing, honeymoon or relaxation is. But this is a matter of taste. advantageous is the hotel's taxi service. The windows do not open, I personally prefer the fresh air instead of being someone Aircondition

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a positive review. Thank you for choosing our hotel and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

The Management

Been to InterContinental Kiev? Share your experiences!