“New hotel still experimenting with luxury” 3 of 5 stars

Metropol Palace, A Luxury Collection Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bulevar Kralja Aleksandra 69, Belgrade 11000, Serbia   |
Ranked #7 of 64 hotels in Belgrade
Zug, Switzerland
“New hotel still experimenting with luxury”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Well I have stayed in other hotels in Belgrade and Metropol is by far the best the city can offer in terms of comfort and luxury. The reason for my 3 stars is only because the spa wasn't up and working when I was there. Its a new hotel and I was told that the spa would be ready by end of Feb 2013. The other very silly flaw was unavailability of water kettle and tea/coffee assortment in the room. This is something even 3 and 4 star hotels provide hence I found it strange that a luxury hotel wouldn't have it. All rooms are renovated and very spacious. Though it is overlooking a busy street there is hardly any noise coming into the room. Close to the old town center, perfect location... would recommend the hotel...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Marili D, Director of Operations at Metropol Palace, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts and comments for Metropol Palace, a Luxury Collection hotel through Trip Advisor.

Regarding your comment about SPA center we would like to share with you good news that it is going to be opened at the end of February.

We are truly apologizing for the inconvenience regarding water kettle and tea/coffee assortment, please be assured that we will do our best to provide that kind of service in the future.

We appreciate your comments because they help us to improve our services and to bring them to the highest level.

Rest assured that your comments are already shared with all our employees in order to draw attention on what we need to improve.

Thank you very much once again for your comments.

With kind regards,

168 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Greek first
Bern, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Metropole hotel for a night and was quite disappointed. This hotel was opened only a few weeks ago and when I usually stay at Starwood places I get great treatment from the moment I arrive till I leave. All places around the hotel are clean and details are being taken care. Well Metropole clearly doesn't play in this 5 star league! When u arrive with a taxi no one to get your luggages, waiting at check-in and finally well the spa and so is still a construction site! The bar was ok, too loud music details which are not being taken care, toilets who are dirty and well please send the staff to school so the know how to do a simple Cosmopolitan! Finally the room at least here the thing was ok although the turn down didn't work out and well the room cleanliness could be better. So well I might stay again here at this hotel but I have a big request to the management : get your staff trained and start paying attention to details in the other case 5 stars you'll never deserve you'll be a good 4 star city hotel. The only true 5 star in BG remain currently at 'square nine' and 'Hyatt'

• Stayed February 2013
Metropol Palace A, General Manager at Metropol Palace, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Mr Lazic,

many thanks for your comments . According to our files you have never stayed in our hotel. Nevertheless i would like to thank you for your effort in order to help us improve our services.
Kind regards
Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is situated in city center, near Slavija square. It is in one of the nicest streets, King Alexander boulevard. Hotel is nice, has its own parking and car wash. There are public transport stations nearby, and you are just few stations away from city center (Knez Mihailova street). Staff told me that spa center will be open soon, so I can't wait to test it. Staff is very friendly, service is good. Food in hotel bar restaurant is nice, also there is wide variaty of drinks. Lobby looks very nice during holiday seasons, there is big Christmas tree, and everything looks magical. Toilets are very clean. There is also free WI-FI (and very fast one, speed greater than 30mbps). All in all, when you are in this hotel, and especialy in lobby, you feel like you are in New York City and not in Belgrade!

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Marili D, Director of Operations at Metropol Palace, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and impressions from your recent stay at the Metropol Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel.

I was very pleased to read that the members of our staff have fulfilled your expectations and that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

It is through responses like yours that we can evaluate our services.

Let me assure you that your sincere and kind comments have already been shared between all our team members.

Thank you once again for your valuable input and we are looking forward to welcome you again at the Metropol Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel.

Sisak, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Hotel is beautifully renovated. It has a very contemporary and classy design. But not in "soulless" minimalistic way, it has a charming and worm look, like Belgrade itself. It's personell is beatiful, polite, competent and very charming. Service is ona a very high level. Very nice and charming hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Gerasimos P, General Manager at Metropol Palace, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Let me thank you, for sharing your positive comments for the Metropol Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel through Trip Advisor.

I am very pleased to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that the services and facilities of our hotel have met and exceeded your expectations.

Sincerely yours,
Wiener Neudorf, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Beautiful, classy, great food, polite staff! I loved the fact that hotel is located 15 minutes waking of city center, and that walk is just spectacular - park, city house, lightning of blvd.. Just stunning!
Just one little flow - i noticed their Concierge do not speak English very well, I understand they want good looking staff, but in my opinion Concierge should speak at least one foreign language. Beside that fact, my stay was very pleasant. I will be back :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Gerasimos P, General Manager at Metropol Palace, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am very pleased to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and members of our staff have fulfilled your expectations.

We are thankful that you chose to stay with us, and I would like to assure you that we will continue to do our utmost to meet and exceed your expectations. As such we would be delighted to welcome you back to Metropol Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel next time your travels bring you to Belgrade.

Rest assured that we have taken notes of your comments and that we have already taken corrective action.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts concerning your experience at the Metropol Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel through Trip Advisor.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

It is my first time traveling in Serbia and it was such a nice trip. I have stayed in a wonderful hotel. Even though it was only for two nights it was such a great experience for me and my friends. Interior was so spacious, so pretty that I am pleasantly surprised how beautiful this hotel is. Staff is so young, nice, polite and what is most important very professional. Food is so tasteful, breakfast various and service is on top as it suppose to be. It is really good hotel, one of the best 5 star that I have been so far and I am highly recommending hotel Metropol to everyone who is coming to Belgrade.

Room Tip: Deluxe room is very very nice and quiet
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Sincerely Yours,
Budva, Montenegro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

During my time in Belgrade I stayed in the Metropole Palace Hotel. It has been renovated beautifully, food is excellent, interior and furniture are very modern, soo the people who are working there. It's located on very good position, I want to recommend to everybody who has plan to visit Belgrade to stay there. Only thing which is missing is spa, hope it's gonna be finished soon...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to sincerely thank you for sharing your positive thoughts and feelings regarding your memorable stay at the Metropol Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel.

I was very pleased to read that the members of our staff have fulfilled your expectations and you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel.

It is through responses like yours that we can evaluate our services and I thank you once more.

As for your comment for the spa and welness center, we are pleased to let you know that it would be ready in February.

Sincerely Yours,
General Manager Delegate Serbia

Been to Metropol Palace, A Luxury Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!