“Good Food, Good Service, Lively Bar Area” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Fremont, California
1,778 reviews 1,778 reviews
1,045 helpful votes 1,045 helpful votes
“Good Food, Good Service, Lively Bar Area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We went on a Saturday night for dinner. Their bar area was hopping. we had dinner so were led to a quieter dinner room.

Food was good. We enjoyed some of their cheese and warm chickpeas. I then had a small serviing of their French Onion Soup (yummy)....

For meal I had their vegetable spagahetini (very good) and the person I was with loved their pork dish.

For dessert we had an amazingly creative and very tasty cashew chocolate mousse - just the right amount of chocolate, salt - smooth and crunch. Very good.

Enjoyed their cocktails and wine by the glass.

Service The restaurant was quiet by the time we left (about 10:00 on a Saturday night)

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Amazingly tasteful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

A few days ago I went to Absinthe Bar with my family for a late lunch. The place looked nice, quite pleasant, and the waiter was very obliging. I ordered chicken sticks with to sauces, a meal I have never tried before, and it was (as I said) amazingly tasteful. After that I had chocolate soufflé - beautiful! I highly recommend this restaurant. It is not cheap, maybe a little expensive for Serbian standards, but it is really worth it.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
belgrade
“Best Chinesse food in Belgrade”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I live in Belgrade for 8 years now. While I love Serbian food, from time to time the stomach needs a bit of variety...and that is when I visit some Japanesse, Indian, Lebanesse or Chinesse Restaurant. I think I have tried them all.

Absynth offers the most tasty Chinesse food in Belgrade. The rice, the dumplings, the noodles, the meat dishes...all delicious.

Absynth is may be 20% more expensive than other Chinesse restaurants...Still, it is worth to spend a bit more and to have better food at all levels (quality, quantity, taste, and presentation).

Home delivery is also an option when you dont feel like going out.

I really like Absynth...

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Belgrade, Serbia
“Excellent Chinese in an unusual setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

You enter this Parisian bistro and are given a menu with Chinese dishes !? After this initial surprise you will be even more surprised by the food.

Our all time favorites are the duck ( very close to the real Bejing duck), the fried dumplings ( they call it ravioli??), the sweet and sour soup and all the Sichuan dishes.

Have been some 10 times now and quality remains constant. No need for reservation at noon. Service is quick. Highly recommended !!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Uros K, Public Relations Manager at Absinthe Bar & Fine Asian Food Restaurant, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for your comments and recomendations. We are happy to deliver good services to you.

All the best,

Absinthe team
“Place to feel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

For sure one of the best bar/restaurants in Belgrade...
Friday afternoon "after work" atmosphere is unique in Belgrade, Asian-Chinese food is the best...

• Visited March 2013