“beautiful time in Romania” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 111 Activities in Bucharest
More attraction details
Owner description: UnzipRomania is a unique travel agency with experience in designing private and tailor-made holidays, adventure and relaxation tours in unseen places of wild beauty throughout Romania: Transylvania, Wallachia, Maramures, Bucovina and Moldavia.
San Francisco, California
“beautiful time in Romania”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I spent a beautiful day in Romania through Unzip Romania. I had put out questions to several companies with a short list of what I wanted to see in the time I had (very little). Every other company said I'd need a week. Unzip said yes. It was a very full and rich day made all the more so by my remarkable guide Diana and our driver Christian. They were obviously a team who enjoyed their work and that made it more fun for me. They were timely and took great pride in their country and were committed to showing me everything I wanted to see and more. I hope to get back for a longer stay. I highly recommend Unzip!

Visited August 2012

4 attraction reviews
“31 unesco sights and much more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have travelled a lot in europe, all the usual sites which are wonderful. Romania has painted monasterys, medievil fortified churches, mountains, draculas castle, vlad draculas castles, birthplace, burialplace, lots of castles, I can go on. Did I mention the whole country smells like great food cooking. I am fat and love to eat everything in Romania. pork, cheese,chimney cakes, omg. I loved my tour guides, I felt safe, cared about and pampered. This was my favorite journey so far in my life. I would gladly repeat.Romania is wonderful, they are upgrading their whole infrastructure,Get there while the exchange rate is good.I got handmade sweaters for like ten bucks us dollars.The people are very friendly and warm.I loved This tour company and Romania, all of it. Judy

Rochester, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“bucharest tour of village museum and Palace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

i visited the village museum for a morning and the Ceacescus' Palace for 2 hours.

The village museum in Bucharest is absolutely fascinating .It gives a great idea of rural living through the ages and a real insight into the materials and techniques used to construct dwellings in the past.
Wood was obviously the main material used to great effect and the standard of craftsmanship is very high . Each dwelling is looked after by an individual who really takes pride in the maintenance .The University in Bucharest takes a keen interest from the heritage point of view .
There were beautiful high quality handcrafts made by traditional craftsmen on display..such as miniature paintings on glass and painted eggs ... The tour guides from UNZIPROMANIA Diana and Christiian were very professional and displayed a very deep knowledge of the site . They were also very friendly and accommodating ..
Highly recommended

I visited The palace built by Ceacescu between 1983 and 1989 with about 20,000 workers ..
The building with the second largest area in the world after the Pentagon again with superb craftsmanship ..The facts and figures are staggering ...
This was an official tour of the building still partly used by the present government and I only had the chance to see a tiny proportion of the whole building
It was however was a fascinating insight into recent history .
Bucharest is a beautiful city with splendid Architecture lots of greenery , very nice shops and restaurants .The people are hospital. It even has a small Arc De Triomphe. and was once named Little Paris .
It is very good value

UNZIPROMANIA (Diana and Christian) were extremely flexible and even took me to the airport without any extra charge ..I will be returning as soon as i can to take a further varied tours to other parts of the country with them ...
tony