I stay in Bucharest every few months and have been to other 5-stars Hotels there before. After this stay end of April / beginning of May 2013 my new first choice is now Marshal Garden! Why? Well... for several reasons:
- Good service from the beginning:
I usually make my reservations online and if I need airport pick-up I put my flight details under remarks and ask for confirmation. Many hotels ignore this and I have to contact them once again directly by eMail. From Marshal Garden I received my confirmation the next day! All other requests were handled fast, reliable and friendly. Service during the stay remained on that Level, so thumbs up for the service!!
- Unusual modern design:
For some it might be too many colors and the changing lights in the corridors might confuse some, but I liked it. As somebody else already said... somehow refreshingly different from usual hotels.
- Nice comfortable rooms with a good combination of form and function:
Especially the setup/design of the bathroom is awesome. There is a large walk-in shower with a rain shower head and the toilette is seperate with an additional balcony door. The balcony itself is not as big as in Interconti for example but at least you can step out or just leave the door open for some fresh air in the room - a feature which I enjoy a lot, as most hotels don't even offer windows to open nowadays. Pillows could have been a lil bit harder but I didn't ask if they had different ones as optional choice. There is a large wardrobe and desk available as well, so I think it is quite convenient even for longer stays.
As Bucharest doesn't have a clear city center as most other cities it is not so easy to answer if the Marshal Garden is really located in a top central location. So it really depends where you wanna go. If you want to visit Old Bucharest it is not in walking distance but also not too far away, a short walk to Piata Romana and then one station with the Metro! The Hotel is a little bit hidden off the street, watch out for the yellow sign boards to the entrance. For me it is a good mixture between located centrally but still not too busy and noisy around.
I usually sleep long so I didn't try the breakfast, but for dinner the Restaurant Danielli on the 6th floor offers great food and is not too expensive. While it has a nice view and a classy decoration it still reminded me a little bit of a canteen.... a high class one though ;-)
As alternative there are several cafes and restaurants further up the street in walking distance.
WiFi is inclusive same as parking. The entrance to the underground parking seems a lil challenging at first but the garage offers enough space and has direct access to the hotel with the lift.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MARSHAL GARDEN HOTEL is a a new built 5* hotel located in Romania, in the heart of the capital city: Bucharest, within an area with important tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Marshal Garden Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.