Stayed at this hotel for two nights for business with a nearby vendor. On arrival at about 12:30am, the receptionist noticed that it was my Birthday (the day before!) and wished me a good day. I mentioned that I had just traveled through 3 airports and 2 flights and he was the first person to have noticed. He said that this was a shame but that in honor of my birthday he would send up some champagne to my room. So, about 10 minutes later I was in my room with my colleague drinking champagne - a really nice touch - see the photo of the card. Little things really make a difference to customer service and means I wont forget my stay there!
Room was very clean, perhaps a little dated but in great condition with a large balcony (complete with a low handrail inducing vertigo - see photo) and good choice of TV channels.
We only used the hotel for breakfast but it was good quality; lots of choice, many breads, cereals, fresh fruit and creamy scrambled eggs which are sometimes difficult to find in big chain hotels.
Hotel arranged car service to/from airport and office was reasonable cost and good quality. Drivers were friendly and used large comfortable Mercedes; recommended when temperatures are >35C.
Overall a good choice if in the area for business and probably OK for tourism too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Towering above the city skyline, InterContinental Bucharest is one of the city's favourite international high-rise hotels, a distinction owed to its ideal location, fine appointments and impeccable service. Experience the Club InterContinental Lounge on the 21st floor of the hotel for a memorable stay in a relaxing, private and elegant setting designed to fulfil the expectations of the business travellers. Immerse yourself in the beautifully designed pool, with panoramic city vistas on the 22nd floor. Dine at Corso Brasserie, offering a contemporary Romanian menu and glass walls overlooking Bucharest. For a fine dining experience, try the Modigliani Pasta e Carne, one of the top Italian restaurants in Bucharest.The Old City Center, the Romanian Athenaeum Concert Hall and Cismigiu Gardens are just a few minutes away from the hotel. You’re also within walking distance of Bucharest’s business and shopping districts. Start your Bucharest's itinerary with the amazing city view from your room balcony! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Bucharest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Bucharest Hotel Bucharest
- Bucharest Intercontinental