“Good business hotel, great staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 162 Hotels in Bucharest
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Good business hotel, great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for two nights for business with a nearby vendor. On arrival at about 12:30am, the receptionist noticed that it was my Birthday (the day before!) and wished me a good day. I mentioned that I had just traveled through 3 airports and 2 flights and he was the first person to have noticed. He said that this was a shame but that in honor of my birthday he would send up some champagne to my room. So, about 10 minutes later I was in my room with my colleague drinking champagne - a really nice touch - see the photo of the card. Little things really make a difference to customer service and means I wont forget my stay there!

Room was very clean, perhaps a little dated but in great condition with a large balcony (complete with a low handrail inducing vertigo - see photo) and good choice of TV channels.

We only used the hotel for breakfast but it was good quality; lots of choice, many breads, cereals, fresh fruit and creamy scrambled eggs which are sometimes difficult to find in big chain hotels.

Hotel arranged car service to/from airport and office was reasonable cost and good quality. Drivers were friendly and used large comfortable Mercedes; recommended when temperatures are >35C.

Overall a good choice if in the area for business and probably OK for tourism too.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
StefanFBucharest, General Manager at InterContinental Bucharest, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the nice words about your stay at the InterContinental Bucharest. I am very happy that my colleagues really made your birthday a memorable one. It is great to read that.
Thank you for recommending us and thank you for choosing InterContinental for your stay in Bucharest!

Stefan Frank

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I still consider this hotel to be the best accommodation option within walking distance to the Old Town area. Great views, with outdoor balcony. Great choices for breakfast in modern restaurant. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, great selection of TV channels, nothing in really a modern 5 star hotel in Bucharest - but as old old style 5 star hotel this place is good. I have a Gold Ambassador membership which give you access to the 'exclusive lounge' with great views and a room upgrade. Check out the prices and see if it is added value for your stay. The small entree meal portions appear smaller than last year in the lounge (just have 2 plates :) ) , the service and standards are still very high. Gym, pool, etc- Are all good additions. There is much cheaper accommodation options in the vicinity, but i prefer to pay the additional to stay here. Staff as always were pleasant and efficient. Located very central in the CBD - no problems about personal safety.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
StefanFBucharest, General Manager at InterContinental Bucharest, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay at the InterContinental Bucharest. I am glad to read that our services were to your liking and you had an enjoyable and memorable stay with us.
Thank you for choosing InterContinental Bucharest and thank you for all your recommendations.

McKinney, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

When I arrived at the InterContinental Bucharest I was happy with the accommodations. I was to take up residence for a little over 2 weeks. I had a big room on one of the top floors, along with a lounge area in my room. Great view of the city and the Palace of Parliament. Old carpet and linens but descent and clean.

I was there about a week and a half when I was asked to move rooms at 1 am. I had worked very late and got back to the hotel around midnight. I went to my room and took a shower and was called around 1am to tell me they needed to move me because the water and electrical we're not working. (Which they both were). I asked to speak to a manager, but for the remainder of the time I was there, he apparently was not to be found. A bellman moved me to a room on a much lower floor with a smaller very uncomfortable bed, no view, no lounge area and the shower didn't work. I called to tell them the shower wouldn't drain and they said they had no other rooms. I had to use the disgusting non draining shower for the rest of the time I was there. Also the secondary lock was not working. Also when I had arrived they said breakfast included in my room. When I was moved to a lower floor that apparently changed too.

The weekend before I left I came down with the flu. I had went out and came back around 4pm. My room had already been cleaned. So I fell asleep thinking I was fine and wouldn't be disturbed. The maid didn't just disturb me but she actually came in my room twice after that even though I had put the DND sign out after the first time. I couldn't lock it so I ended up putting a chair in front. Again...no manager to be found.

The staff was not friendly. Except the bar tender who was really great. It is a convenient hotel but after that stay I will definitely never go back

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay at the InterContinental Bcuharest. I regret that you had a less than desirable experience with us. I have considered all the observations and addressed them accordingly.I apologise for all the inconveniences experienced.

I do hope you will come back and have enjoyable moments with us.

Maasmechelen, Limburg, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night, friendly, excellent service, clean, nothing bad to say. Breakfast was also ok. For people who want to relax, they have a welness and a nice sky lounge.
Thanks a lot for the upgrade, that was a nice surprise, very nice room.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
StefanFBucharest, General Manager at InterContinental Bucharest, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review about your recent stay at the InterContinental Bcuharest. I am happy to read that you found our hotel and services to your liking. Thank you for recommending us as you do.

Al the best,

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Location - bang in the center of Bucharest ...right next to the "Romania 0" marker.
Service - was good. One or two people at the front-desk need more training.
I had to call them several times for getting the drainage from my bathroom sink fixed.
Breakfast was excellent
Room Service - Being a vegetarian, i found very very limited options ... The vegetarian curry was good.
Room - was average size ... would have loved it had it been a little bigger.
Bathroom amenities - very good.
Internet speed was okay.
Each room has a balcony, but what is really missed was a chair in the balcony :(
Since the hotel is right in the middle of the city, the view from balcony on the higher floors is excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms at a higher floor facing towards uniry square. These rooms have a good view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
StefanFBucharest, General Manager at InterContinental Bucharest, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay at the InterContinental Bucharest. Thank you for recommending our location. I am happy to read that you had a nice stay with us and you enjoyed the overwhelming view from your balcony. I have noted all your observation to be considered for future actions and to make your next stay a great one.

Looking forward to welcome you back.

All the best,

Delft, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

A huge reception/lobby. Friendly staff which possess English quite well.
2 restaurants, a good sporting facility (22nd floor) and a nice Bar.
Rooms are well equiped and decorated. The floorcarpet in the rooms and hallway looked like new, spotless! Good working and silent airco. Flatscreen TV. Minibar plus condoms? Standard "Elsafe" big enough for a 13 inch laptop. 2 comfy seats, good bed and a clean/complete bathroom also upto higher standard. All together a very good hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the very good rating you offered to the InterContinental Bucharest and for appreciating our staff skills.
I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our hotel facilities are up to your standards. Your specific mentions about different hotel areas are very valuable for me and my team.
Thank you again for being our guest and for recommending us as you do.
Tel Aviv, Israel
1,240 reviews 1,240 reviews
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Apx. 6 months after our previous stay at the hotel, we returned for a 2-night stay during a weekend in June.

We were lucky enough to be granted an early check-in at apx 11:00.
Our Club junior suite on the 8th floor was lovely, with two king beds (one in the living room and one in the bedroom).
The room featured a wonderful jacuzzi and HUGE Agraria toiletries (100 cc, which is VERY rare for hotels).
Our welcome gift included a huge bowl of fruits, 2 bottles of water and a bottle of wine.
The only downside to the room was that the door to the balcony and the huge windows were not sound-proof and you could hear each and every car honk and motorcycle pass-by during the night.
The rest of the room features were identical to the room we stayed in during our previous stay.

During this stay, we managed to try out both of the hotel's restaurants, the bar and the Club lounge. They were all very good, and I've written separate reviews on them.

One person truly stood out throughout our stay - the chief concierge, Mr. Catalin Malureanu. First of all, he is as nice in person as he is in the hotel's page welcome video. Secondly - he demonstrated a very high level of professionalism and customer care, and for that - he ought to be commended.

Bottom line - yet another great stay in this lovely hotel.
If travel takes you to Bucharest, make sure to check out this hotel, as you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Don't settle for anything less than a Club room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing InterContinental Bucharest for your second stay in Bucharest and for praising our services, the hotel facilities and the team.
Your feedback regarding the sound-proof balcony doors will be addressed internally, in order to improve our guests’ experience here, in the heart of the city.
I will gladly share your wonderful words with all the team here and I am looking forward to welcoming you back for your next visit to Bucharest.
All the best,
Stefan Frank

Been to InterContinental Bucharest? Share your experiences!