“Right in the middle of everywhere” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #8 of 161 Hotels in Bucharest
Bacolod, Philippines
“Right in the middle of everywhere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

So their slogan goes. It is near a park, monuments, squares, metro, bars, restaurants, even a mall. Rooms are immaculate: elegant marble, fine oakwood, gold and silver trimmings dominate. Bed very comfortable. Airconditioning leaves a little to desire. The balcony offers a panoramic view of Bucharest like no other. Shower is carwash strength, leaving you feeling squeaky clean after. Breakfast spread is impressive, considering that this is Europe. Staff are remarkably friendly. Almost perfect to a fault. Since we checked in on a Saturday, loud party music can be heard, even if we were on the 14th floor, but this did not deter a good sleep. Much to my regret, stayed here for only 2 nights.

Room Tip: Lower numbered rooms (1-14) will give you a spectacular view of the city. Rooms 15 and above (eg, 12...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
StefanFBucharest, General Manager at InterContinental Bucharest, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am so happy that you enjoyed leaving the InterContinental experience here in Bucharest and that the team made it really memorable. I am glad you found the breakfast on your taste especially since it includes also some Romanian authentic falvours.

I hope I will have the chance to welcome you back to experience more of the InterContinental Life and of the city of Bucharest.

Best wishes,

Stefan Frank

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was impressed with professional staff, punctual arrangements, cleanliness and facilities.

Located near University Square and Revolutie Square, on the side of the building of the Bucharest National Theatre, currently under renovation, it's the tallest hotel in Bucharest: from the top you have a perfect view of the city. Perfect location for leisure (within 100mt try walking into the old town) and for business.

Relax at the wellness centre, on 22nd floor, which is open very early till late: sauna steambath gym jacuzzi and pool with a view on Bucharest!

Enjoy a fine dinner at Corso Restaurant and let yourself be treated exclusively.

I will definitely return to #intercontinental #Bucuresti. I felt pampered.

Room Tip: I was in room 1110
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your 5 star review. I am happy that you have spent such an enjoyable time with us.Your compliments were shared with the entire team which was very happy to hear that you really felt pampered among us.

I look forward to your return at InterContinental Bucharest.

Best regards,

John O'Groats, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I like this hotel.

I've stayed there quite a few times over the last few years. I like the location (can't get much more central); the rooms; the pool; the front desk staff; the concierge staff. All helpful and friendly. One minor negative is that the lobby often smells of smoke.

I had had a bad taxi journey to the hotel (for various reasons, one of which is that, due to new procedures at the airport it's almost impossible to get a taxi on arrival; another that the driver conveniently 'forgot' to start his meter - despite this being pointed out!). The concierge was excellent in coming to my rescue when the taxi driver tried to drive away with some large notes (this was after midnight).

Based on this experience, I took the hotel car to the airport. And the next time that I stay there, I'll ask the hotel to arrange an airport pickup.

It's the safest way. And probably cheaper than getting ripped off by taxi drivers.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room with no connecting door.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
StefanFBucharest, General Manager at InterContinental Bucharest, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for addressing your experience about your last stay with us. I am happy that we are among your favorites hotels. Thank you for choosing us for your home away from home and for all the recommendations. Even thou the taxi experience shadowed a bit the trip I am confident that overall it was a positively memorable one.

I look forward to your next visit in the near future.

Warm regards,

Brentford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

A four night stay at the Intercontinental Hotel in Bucharest, turned into one of the most relaxing and pleasant stays I have ever had with IHG. It all started when the Bucharest Hotel was posted on the Break Points list, so we decided to take advantage of this and also use up our weekend voucher, arriving at the Hotel on Saturday 6/7 for the voucher two nights and extended to Wednesday using Break Points.

Our arrival at the Hotel was spectacular, with a mighty thunder storm which hit the hotel 30 seconds after we entered the lobby with the wind so strong the rain was flowing horizontally across the front door entrance. This lasted about an hour but caused havoc in town.

We checked in at reception and were taken to our Junior Suite, as being Royal Ambassador we received the usual upgrade, as the hotel was only about half full so no problem with too many peopled in the hotel. The two rooms, with their own private verandah, we were on the 9th floor high enough to be above all surrounding buildings as the Hotel stands 22 floors high and is the largest building down town, located next to the National Theatre which is undergoing a major refurbishment and closed at the moment.

With such good reports elsewhere in Trip Advisor, we had no intention of doing much touristy things really wanting to just relax for four days. However the City is very beautiful, with very wide tree lined boulevards throughout the city with some amazing buildings from a much earlier era. Grand houses throughout the city along with Churches, Museums and palaces, enough to satisfy any person interested in the old cities of Europe.

Back to the Hotel, a big upgrade had just been completed throughout? the Hotel with rooms now having large flat screen Televisions in every room, which as we had intended to stay within the hotel for most of our stay was a big plus, however as a result of this upgrade there was as yet no TV Channel listing for the room TV’s. Additionally the aspect ratio setting on the TV’s was incorrect with the outer part of the TV not shown thus cutting off the subtitles and scrolling news line. I am sure that be the time you read this it will have been rectified. On reading other recent reports of this Hotel, it is possible that not all rooms, as previously mentioned, have as yet been completely renovated, but it is work in hand.

The carpets and furnishings all looked to be new although some of the beautiful cabinets and cupboards from a bye gone area were still in fabulous condition. Lighting throughout was adequate, especially additional reading lights over the settees. Wi-Fi and lan-net facility was available and the service was very fast.

The club room was plenty large enough and comfortably furnished there were two complimentary Computers with Internet access. With an excellent Breakfast and snacks at Lunch time with more snacks at 1800-2000 every day as is usual in Club Rooms. The staff provided the most exemplary service of just about any Club Room I have been in but, whilst the service was so very good, I missed the coffee making machine, as every time I wanted a cup of coffee or any other beverage the staff insisted on serving the guests. This has to be the only Club room of any Intercontinental Hotel I have been to in the world which did not have a coffee making machine for the use of guests. A small point but it would certainly make life for the staff that little bit easier. Getting back to the snacks at Lunch, whilst not always expected it was very nice to find them available, but they could have been made a little bit more fun if there had been a plate of cheese and biscuits also on the table, the same for evening snacks as well.

I must not finish without mentioning the spa and gym facility available on the 22 floor, the greatest view across the city in every direction, and sunbathing balcony for the morning sunshine. The sauna and steam rooms were okay and all facilities clean and in good condition. The Pool is quite small but certainly enough to do some exercise in. It is very difficult to believe that this Hotel is 41 years old with the very high standard everywhere in the Hotel and fabulous staff throughout.

I have not put any photos in this report as there are many available elsewhere to be found, showing all the Hotels facilities.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review you have shared with us. I am so happy you had an enjoyable time with us even thou the trip started a bit "stormy". It is my pleasure to read that you experienced the services in all the areas of the hotel and you have praise words about the overall and the team. Your feedback has been shared with all the employees; it really made their day.
I hope I will have the chance to welcoming you back at InterContinental Bucharest.

Best wishes,

Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The property is not up to 4 and 5 star ratings seen on some sites. My view - a good 3 Star. Staff at desk are somewhat curt, and don't deal well with anything beyond perfunctory activities of getting you registered and checked out. Rooms are tired and a bit worn. Lighting is sub-par, and we found most of the lights bulbs burned out, Maintenance person was prompt and very courteous. No exhaust in bath, so it gets stuffy and steamy quickly when taking a shower. Note - shower is installed as an afterthought in a large tub. Soon after checking into room the odor of sewer gas got stronger and stronger. Maintenance tried to mask the smell with an overpowering sweet spray, but it didn't work. Trying to get room changed and our suitcases moved turned into a Keystone Kops comedy. Food service in dining room and at breakfast was first rate, as was the staff. Sad to say, but we were glad to check out after a one night stay.

Room Tip: Give the bathroom a nose check for sewer odors before unpacking.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
StefanFBucharest, General Manager at InterContinental Bucharest, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at InterContinental Bucharest.
I am happy to see that the food and the services provided in the restaurant were up to your expectations. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences encountered in the other areas of the hotel. I have considered all the aspects you have mentioned, about the rooms, the lightening and not least, the attitude you have perceived at the front desk. Further actions have already been scheduled to improve all the above.
I express my regrets for having not such a remarkable stay with us but I sincerely hope that you will return and have an enjoyable time with us.

All my best wishes,

Coconut Creek, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Ck in seamless w/ baggage help. No rooms with showers?? Only tubs you have to climb into. The hand held was loose, the grab bar falling out of the wall & the actual shower head could not be moved to adjust. On the good side, the bathroom & room lighting were good. No complimentary water. The bed was soft & I wound up with a sore back. Smoker & food smells came through the ventilation system. Great lounge on 21st floor with good drinks, snacks, seating, atmosphere & view!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Bucharest, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear jmurrayolympic,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We are delighted about your positive comments with the lounge. It is always our goal to provide the best possible service and create memorable experiences and on this occasion we apologize we did not exceed your expectations with your room accommodation. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

We value your comments and hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back again very soon.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
new zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

What a hotel, tops marks for this one. We have stayed in Club level with the InterContinental in Bali and Saigon and London, along with other top branded hotels around the world and I can honestly say this is the number one Club Level that we have experienced ! Awesome service, amazing views, the most incredible food, top notch choice of drinks and excellent comfort ! Highly recommend for anyone to stay in Club Level !
The hotel is a credit to Management as the level of service through out is out standing, from the transfer to and from the airport, to all staff and their excellent English, to House Keeping and the top notch job they do. Amazing value for money too. An excellent hotel in a great location !!

Room Tip: Club Level
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
StefanFBucharest, General Manager at InterContinental Bucharest, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for sharing your enjoyable experience with InterContinental Bucharest. We are delighted to read that we have exceeded your expectations. I am happy that you have experienced our Club InterContinental Lounge and that you found it the best Club Lounge you ever encountered. It is really a great venue.
Looking forward in welcoming you back to InterContinental Bucharest!
Sincerely yours,
Stefan Frank

Been to InterContinental Bucharest? Share your experiences!