The hotel offers a wide range of services. Breakfast area is located at ground floor, in one of the "general" restaurant available. Breakfast is good, lunch and dinner a bit less.
Room are comfortable, a bit old style, but every room has a balcony with a great view on the city. Ask for the ones toward downtown.
Prices are ok, a bit high for the locals but generally low for western country's guest.
This is a smoking allowed place, so there's a smoking bar and often you can meet interesting people there (we had the chance to meet the Belgium football team). Internet is a bit expensive, look for a rate including Internet+breakfast.
The hotel is very close to downtown and the old city, where you have to enjoy the Caru Cu Bere restaurant, local, cheap and with traditional dance and excellent food. For the taxi, ask reception (they are very nice). Be aware while walking on the street from girls who offer you massage... they are offering something else.
The hotel has a little but efficient SPA. Massage are quite cheap and there's an indoor little pool and a jacuzzi.
If you have the chance, go to the Club Floor, you may have for a little surplus rate, Internet, breakfast and such a light lunch and dinner option.
Before to arrive in Bucharest, contact the hotel and ask to arrange a taxi service, as coming from the city the taxi is cheaper than the ones resident in the airport.
The hotel is OK, would require some degree of renewal, but I was comfortable enough.
There's also an internal casino, but they require your passport even to have a look (so I preferred to don't go there, as I don't like casino).
TV channels have a good coverage, major languages, prime time movies, etc.
Be aware that hot water will arrive after 4minutes of open shower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Towering above the city skyline, InterContinental Bucharest is one of the city's favourite international high-rise hotels, a distinction owed to its ideal location, fine appointments and impeccable service. Experience the Club InterContinental Lounge on the 21st floor of the hotel for a memorable stay in a relaxing, private and elegant setting designed to fulfil the expectations of the business travellers. Immerse yourself in the beautifully designed pool, with panoramic city vistas on the 22nd floor. Dine at Corso Brasserie, offering a contemporary Romanian menu and glass walls overlooking Bucharest. For a fine dining experience, try the Modigliani Pasta e Carne, one of the top Italian restaurants in Bucharest.The Old City Center, the Romanian Athenaeum Concert Hall and Cismigiu Gardens are just a few minutes away from the hotel. You’re also within walking distance of Bucharest’s business and shopping districts. Start your Bucharest's itinerary with the amazing city view from your room balcony! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, HostelWorld, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Bucharest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Bucharest Hotel Bucharest
- Bucharest Intercontinental