I recently traveled to Bucharest for a two-week business trip and stayed at the Athenee Palace Hilton. It was a great experience. The location is great -- it's a short walk to the old part of town with several good restaurants nearby. The staff was very courteous and professional. When needed, the concierge or door staff would call for cabs -- a sure way not to get ripped off as they call only reliable companies and will talk directly to the drivers for you. The amenities in the room are great -- I don't have any special status with Hilton but had a lovely, large room with everything I could possibly need. One of my favorite things about this hotel is that it has a beautiful restaurant patio where you can enjoy drinks, a leisurely dinner, and even breakfast if the weather is good. There's a 24-hour workout room in the basement that I used almost daily. It's small, but well equipped. A colleague used the spa services to get her nails done and had a great experience.
I only have two minor complaints about this hotel. First, the bed was rock hard. I've heard this is common with Hiltons. Second, the wi-fi was not great. Surfing the net was no problem, but my Skype calls home would sometimes drop or freeze up for a minute or two.
Despite those two minor complaints, if I return to Bucharest I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.
Tip - the concierge helped my group arrange an overnight tour to Transylvania. It was really good and reasonably priced. This is a beautiful country -- one that many Americans don't think about for vacation, but there's a lot to do and see. Everyone in my group absolutely fell in love with the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore Bucharest from the historic Athenee Palace Hilton Buchrest hotel, built in 1914 and set in the heart of the city. At the Hilton Athenee Palace Bucharest hotel you can enjoy local attractions including the Romanian Athenaeum and the former Royal Palace. Theatres, shops and cafes are all located within walking distance. All Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest hotel rooms have wireless internet access. Upgrade to a Hilton Room Plus or choose an Executive Room for Executive Lounge access. Enjoy the heated indoor pool, Jacuzzi and well-equipped gym or indulge in a luxurious treatment in the hotel's beauty center. Spend the evening in our onsite casino or dine in one of 3 restaurants. The English Bar offers a large selection of whiskies. Feast on authentic Italian delights in Roberto's restaurant.Just minutes' drive from Henri Coanda Airport, the Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest hotel has 11 meeting rooms for up to 400 guests. The Le Diplomate Ballroom is an UNESCO heritage monument and the setting for international events. Take in magnificent views over the Revolution Square and the Athenaeum from the fifth floor balcony in the Executive Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest Hotel Bucharest
- Hilton International Bucharest
- Hilton Bucharest
- Bucharest Hilton