“A dynamic Romania” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 68 activities in Bucharest
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Cycling Romania is eager to offer full support for cycling tours in various magnificent regions of Romania. There is a set of standard trips, but they can be customized as well. You will discover the quiet rural life of Transylvania, the wild Carpathian Mountains or the surprisingly beautiful surroundings of the Danube River. Hope to see you soon!
Beijing, China
“A dynamic Romania”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I didn't expect much before the trip but it resulted that it was one of the highlights in my European trip!
Mircea is an excellent guide and has great love and passion for his country Romania. He showed us a lot of great places with stunning views in the area nearby Ploiesti. We cycled in the forest, visited vineyards and some monasteries, tasted some very good wine, tried the best Romanian traditional cuisine and we stayed in a pension which is very clean and tidy and has amazing views overlooking the vineyards.
I am a beginner in long-way cycling but Mircea tailor-made the route according to our level and capability. It is very flexible and relaxing. His friend Iulian was a great guide as well and he took good care of us and took a lot of beautiful photos for us in the trip. We spent 3 days with Mircea and Iulian and they have introduced so much about Romania, in terms of history, culture and current social situation, of the country to us.
The cycling trip was a highlight of my Romanian trip and Mircea also gave us some good tips on touring in other cities of Romania which made our travel very easy.
I would strongly recommend this cycling tour to everyone who wants to have a rewarding vacation. Romania is a very interesting and dynamic country! Hope to visit again!

London, United Kingdom
“I could not have asked for anything more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I said it on the first day and felt the same way by the end of the week – I couldn’t have asked for anything more! I was sad to leave at the end and I really could have done it all over again.

I went for the Saxon Transylvania tour, for one week, in September – a fantastic time to visit. The weather was hot but in no way unbearable, with bright sunshine. It’s worth noting that despite the heat during the day, it does get cold in the evenings, so if you are planning on going, take a big jumper and a scarf as you’ll definitely need it! The scenery was absolutely beautiful and so much more than I could have ever expected – even though I checked out the photos beforehand! Rolling hills with little plum tree treats along the route! The photos simply don’t do it justice. An uphill struggle rewards you with most spectacular views, or alternatively, a thrilling ride to the bottom of the hill on the other side – grit your teeth and go for it!

I do not know much about the geography of the surrounding area of Transylvania, or other parts of Romania, but I could describe the area we cycled as an expanse of totally unspoilt countryside, with little pockets of villages every few miles – just lovely.

In no way did this trip feel rushed, pressured or as if we were following a “tour guide”. Mircea just felt like one of the group. He had such a wonderful approach and put everyone at ease. The group was fantastic and everyone had a great time. The locals were so friendly and welcoming they really made you feel at home. At no point did I feel as though I was an intruder or “just a tourist” in their country – they really are the nicest people!

A piece of advice - take padded shorts...you will still hurt, but I think it delays the real pain setting in!

Excellent trip, thoroughly recommended. What are you waiting for? Book now!!

Bangkok, Thailand
20 attraction reviews
“Best weekend in Romania”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I have lived in Romania for just over a year and this was the best weekend I have had here by far..... And I have had a pretty awesome time in Romania so that is saying something. The weather was perfect and the scenary around Urlati was gorgeous. It was great seeing a different side of Romanian life and was so peaceful. The cycling was hard work but all the strenuous uphill climbs were rewarded with speeding down hill and taking in the countryside. The food was fabulous and the hosts at the children's home were friendly. The hotel was lovely. I would say the weekend was exceptionally good value. Thank you Mircea for a fabulous weekend!!! I will be doing more cycling weekends come Spring!!

Brussels, Belgium
“Romania: big discovery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I also joined the Saxon Villages tour of judit and boat bolivia at the beginning of September.

If you really want to escape your daily madness, this is YOUR tour through the saxon villages: you will receive very warm hospitality, discover fantastic landscapes, e.g. meadows with 500 year old oaks- my absolute favourite-, almost untouched huge forests and village life that you don't find anymore in Western Europe. As a Bavarian, living in Brussels, I had the chance to talk to some old Saxons in their language, including sipping their strong tuica:) and taste old saxon cake recipies.

In this week I discovered the country in a group of 9 people. We harmonized perfectly, it felt more like having holidays with friends, I still miss their company. Our day always started with a tasty breakfast (homemade cheese, olives, peppers, eggs, homemade marmelade, fresh bread, ...) and a lot of laughter that finally ended in the late evening.

If you pay attention to your carbon footprint, prefer to stay with locals -including sleeping in their living room- and eat fresh vegetables from their gardens, then join cycling romania as the perfect eco-tourism experience!

Last point: we could only enjoy this because our mastermind and guide Mircea prepared this trip. He knows a lot about the area, the locals, including social projects that you can support by joining the tour, and simply because he loves cycling and his country. You will not find a better guide! Also his friend Julian was a fantastic helping hand!

Final last point: before you start the tour, don't forget to reserve some time for Bukarest, I was thrilled and VERY positively surprised about the city and its huge number of old wallachian style villas! Discovery of the year!!!

I am looking forward to register for a second tour next year, I hope some of my September tour friends will join me!

tuica-lover

London, United Kingdom
“Cycling trip - The Wine Hills of Prahova (3 day)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Mircea is a wonderful guide. His friend Julian was a fantastic helper as well. We were well taken care of. We had a wonderful time in the forest and the countryside near Ploiesti. The arrangement for the 3 day was well planned and the activities were perfect for anyone who wants to know the real Romania. The hospitality of the people and the amazing cuisine are unforgettable. The wine tasting on the last day was a perfect end for the trip. The four of us really enjoyed the trip.

Mircea also helped us with the logistic arrangement and went the extra mile to make sure that we enjoyed Romania to the fullest. Even if you only have one day to spare you should really go on the trip. Highly recommended.

Visited September 2012

Been to Cycling Romania? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Cycling Romania, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later