“Handy for the centre” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 162 Hotels in Bucharest
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Handy for the centre”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Picked this hotel for its central location and got a pretty good deal through 'booking.com'. Think I share most reviews on this, good and bad. Decor and facilities are good, rooms are very attractive beds very comfortable (get a room 5th floor or higher, for a view over the city). Two downsides for me. I) Sky Lounge is under construction/repair so no evening meals and no nice view over breakfast. 2) It's SO damn hard to get to by car and 'reserved parking' is just a space on the street (once you know that you can ignore the 'no entry' sign). The surrounding roads are under construction too which doesn't help.

On the plus side it is great for the 'Old City', in the warm months a place that's an absolute buzz of activity with more street cafés than you can shake a stick at :)

Room Tip: Try to get a room at 5th floor or higher for a view of the city.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel is very well located in the centre of the city

The hotel and rooms are of a very modern and slick design.

The bedroom and bathroom was very spacious, clean and well appointed

The Hotel would benefit from some form of porter service to assist with baggage etc.

The service at reception whilst polite, was rather minimalisitic

One of the reasons for selecting the hotel was that it offered 'free parking' in the middle of Bucharest. However, this turned out to be a space in an alleyway in front of the hotel which was not particularly easy to get into or out of.

Room Tip: Even though the hotel offers 'free parking', I would not recommend taking a vehicle to the h...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

The hotel is in a great location for tourists, very close to the airport bus stop and right on the edge of the old town with restaurants and bars. Rooms were modern and clean, TV had more channels than I have at home, plenty in English.

The front desk staff and bar staff in the roof terrace were friendly and helpful, and the maid service was efficient.

I had absolutely nothing to complain about until after I got home I realised that they overcharged me at checkout (using local currency after my booking was quoted in euros). Although the management were very quick to admit the mistake, it took nearly a month before I got my money back. They asked me for my bank details and generally stalled for 2 weeks before eventually agreeing to refund to the card I used to pay, which in my mind is the logical way to refund. I then waited another 2 weeks for my money. I checked with the card company and they confirmed that the delay was on the hotel side. I was left with a feeling that they were very reluctant to part with money. The manageress even said that they would take the money from the receptionist who did the overcharge, which shocked me a bit because they overcharged me for the room, its not like they were losing out on anything by giving me the difference back.

I recommend you check very carefully your bill at checkout before paying, and check the currency conversion if necessary. Even if, like me, you are checking out early in the morning and, like me, you are not a morning person!

Room Tip: Go for a superion room (not too much extra to pay) to get at least some kind of view from the window...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Mihaela R, Manager at Z Executive Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear Mr.

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your impressions about Z Executive Boutique Hotel - we are very happy that you were satisfied with our hotel.
Please be assured that your feedback has been shared with the employees - feedback like yours keeps our staff highly motivated.
With your valuable feedback you enable us to improve and maintain the high standards of our service.
Regarding the refund, I would kindly take the opportunity to draw your attention that the bank we are usually working with, has another type of procedures - this is why it took some time to refund your money back. As per our conversation, I personally emphasize that you will have the money back because we have seen that you were overcharged and we will do our best - there were no doubt that it was our mistake and we apologize again.
Kindly receive our apologize both on behalf of the bank and the hotel.
Yours sincerely,

Mihaela Romascu
Hotel Director

Yours sincerely,
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Difficult to find a better location unless you want to pay 100 bucks more for crossing the street and stay in a chain hotel, which means double the price in Z Hotel.
Rooms are spacious, location ultra-central, but of course you have to find your way from the University Station to the hotel (30m) through works in the streets (they are installing granite and marble pavement in the street ... you know politicians ...)
Equipment is good, insulation and access to VIP rooms is thought of, let's see how breakfast will be tomorrow morning.
Efficient and service oriented management, I had to contact them for a courrier service for getting a letter in advance before I arrive to Bucharest, FULL SERVICE !

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is great place in the city center for the money, close to cultural night spots in the center part town. It was a little difficult to find due to the construction nearby and also parking is on the streets nearby. The rooms were very nicely decorated in modern decore. Breakfast was very good and staff very helpful.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Kiryat Tivon Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We spent in the hotel two days, six people. The three rooms were nice and comfortable, clean and tidy. The shower is clean and renewed. Breakfast was very good even though it was in the lobby because of renovations in the 9th floor. Staff was nice and when I asked for another card to open the door of my parents' room was granted and a smile.
Location within walking distance of the old city, Lifskani, is good, allowing even the 80+ parents were able to hike. The hotel is also near Terasa Domaneii nice restaurant, and near the antiques market.
The only thing that slightly marred by the fact that currently there is a renovation in the hotel zone.
Overall we enjoyed the stay at the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

we choose the hotel after seeing pictures & reading information at the internet and got very disapointed.we were 2 couples & arrived at the evening.The hotel is situated in a constraction area.when we entered there was heavy smell of cigarets.At the reception we were told that there are renovations at the hotel in the lobby + the dining room so breakfast will be by the reception!
The room was facing ugly inside yard ,pillow was uncomfterbale,we got only one towel.
If all this are not enough,the day after we had cold coffee at breakfast by the reception...
as a final note the hotel mgrs. argued & shouted at our friend to live the room althogh the night before the guy at the reception promised him late check out, but the mgrs said that the hotel is a business and she does'nt care what was promised.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Mihaela R, General Manager at Z Executive Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Mr. Haim,

First of all I apologize for the misunderstanding and I would like to emphasize that your review was very disappointing one, because:
1. The Reception area is a non smoking area and we do not have any ash trays in the public area of the hotel.;
2. The refurbishment of the Sky Lounge by Z is a matter of time and it will be finished in few days, we will develop the area as per our clients to have a better stay and to enjoy the special place as Sky Lounge is with a high quality cuisine restaurant.
3. You were booking a standard room - these rooms have not the view to University Square.
4. Regarding the pillow, please allow me to draw your attention that this is the first time who someone is complaining about the quality of the sleep after more than 700 reviewers.
5. You have asked to have a late check out, which we were agreed but for a extra charge - no one can promise a late check out without charging it.
I am so sorry that we have disappointed you and you felt that you will revenge on us with this review.
Kindest regards,

Mihaela Romascu
Hotel Director

Been to Z Executive Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!