“The service makes the difference!” 5 of 5 stars

Epoque Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17C Intrarea Aurora Street, Bucharest 010213, Romania   |
Ranked #2 of 161 Hotels in Bucharest
Sofia
“The service makes the difference!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

All was said by the previous reviewers and I just want to underline the service and attention we got from everybody- reception desk (special thanks to Bogdan), bell boy, spa attendants, breakfast service. Only the waiter at the dinner slightly disappointed us with slow service, no recommendations for food or wine and mistaken bill. We were greated with welcome drink, French macaroni in the room, shampaign and sweets also were brought to us as a welcome gift. The sweets were simply perfect! The quality of the towels and toiletries worth mentioning as they were of superb quality. The breakfast was of excellent quality. Slight downturns were that the steam bath was not working at all and that our suite, being on the 5th floor was gloomy due to small windows. If we go to Bucharest again we will deffinately be back. Great park is just two minutes walk for the kids.

Room Tip: ask for a room on 4th floor with French balcon
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for chosing Epoque Hotel, I am glad that we managed to deliver an enjoyable experience and you are happy with your choice.
Your feedback is very important to us and the title of your review "The service makes the difference" makes me really proud of our entire team, as this is one of our main promisses: personalized services.
I apologize for the small downturns, and I really hope we will have the chance to welcome you again and make everything perfect.
Kind regards,
Owner & CEO

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

If there is then Epoque qualifies
I have reviewed this hotel before and now that the owner is completely at the helm changes abound. Subtle changes but never the less good changes. I have noticed management is visible now. Whereas before they were "available" they are visible. So very important. I cannot stress how nothing is too small or too big for the hotel and staff to handle. Chef Stefan has dazzled us with his creativity.
On one trip I stayed with some Asian friends that wanted something spicey. Chef delivered.
The bar staff are sometimes dazzling with their speed at filling the order.
The spa is outstanding , To anybody reading, there is no better hotel that I know of in Bucharest. HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend this hotel

Room Tip: As I have said before, speak to Andreea. She will make sure you have the best room available
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dearest Guest,
I am really grateful and flatered by such praising words, and i cannot thank you enough for taking precious time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor.
It is always a great pleasure and honour to have you as our guest, and I am glad you think so highly of us.
Warm regards from the entire team, Chef Stephane, Andreea, they would also like to thank you for your appreciation.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Best wishes and safe trips around the world!
Diana
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Just spend 8 nights at the hotel. Wish I could have stayed longer. The location was perfect. Was within walking distance to all attractions. Old town, which has MANY places to eat and have a drink, is a very short walk. Main train station is also a short walk.
The hotel was so quiet for being in the center of the city. The rooms were very large for Europe. Stayed at many 5 star hotels through out the world and This hotel has to be my favorite! The atmoshere in the hotel was so friendly, made you feel like home. Everyone that works there was very helpful with anything that you need help with and gave good tips about the city. The entire place was spotless. Pool and spa was also very refreshing. The restaurant was very good. When booking my room I purchased the breakfast and glad i did, because it was very good.
Will stay there next time in Bucharest. It was perfect!!!

Room Tip: Saw two style of rooms and I don't think there is a bad room in the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valuable Guest,

I read with great pleasure your detailed review and I am grateful you shared such a positive feedback on Tripadvisor.
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and look forward to your next visit.
Please, do not hesitate to contact me or the reception staff at any time should Bucharest be on your future destinations' list, and we will be glad to make all arrangements for an enjoyable stay with us.
Warm regards,
diana.popescu@epoque.ro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Slightly over rated for 5 stars if compared to western Europe and/or Asia but overall a very nice boutique hotel, professional front desk, modern suite type rooms, 15 minute walk to nightlife. Given the rate paid through BookToStay website (€ 150/night) definetely worthwhile. Will consider staying at this venue again.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at Epoque Hotel.
We are very pleased our team managed to raise up to your expectations and that you had an enjoyable stay.
Look forward to welcoming you again in our luxury boutique hotel.

Kind regards
Owner&CEO
Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Marvellous and quiet place in the heart of Bucurest! Thank you for the great time! It was really very pleasant surprise for me and my family!Admirations for the nice french restaurant! We could really fell the atmosphere of France...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Epoque Hotel Bucharest.
Your kind remarks are an incentive to our entire team to strive to exceed our guests' expectations every day.

I have passed your compliments to Stephane, our French Executive Chef and he is sending his kind regards, we are all glad you enjoyed your time spent with us.
Looking forward to welcoming you back at Epoque Hotel.

Bucharest, Romania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed at Epoque Hotel 4 nights during our wedding which took place in Bucharest. Living outside Romania we needed a very chic hotel to stay in while in Bucharest for our wedding ceremony. The extremely good rating along with the architecture and design of the hotel convinced us to make the booking as it seems perfect. Indeed, the hotel looks wonderful, has a good location and staff were pretty nice too. I was surprised to notice that everyone is addressing to the guests in English first. I assume they mainly have foreigners in their hotel hence the language preference.

Although overall the hotel is good it is very difficult to me not to point out the annoyances we noticed which triggered unexpected disappointment.

Everyone recommends Epoque Hotel as a boutique hotel and the boutique standard comes with certain expectations such as attention to details, know your guest and more personalised treatment. Well, it seems there are still wheels to grease as it did not quite work like that.

Straight from the beginning I informed the hotel that we were booking it for our wedding. Nobody cared about the aspect. Nobody knew. Example: I actually had to request manager permission to be allowed to get some photos done in the lobby and in front of the hotel. Also, for a hotel of this standard I have expected some attention like sending congratulations, a small cake, a little surprise. Nothing. Not even a verbal greeting. All over the world for these kind events or birthdays the hotel sends greetings, a card or cake in the room.

The second and probably the worst aspect was the construction (hotel's property) going on in front of the hotel which nobody told us about. Each day they would wake us up with the sound of drilling at 7-8 AM, even on Saturday and Sunday.

And the third thing was the breakfast. 4 days in the row, absolutely same staff. Photo copy. No diversity, no change. I have only experienced this in 3 stars hotels in Asia. Never in a 5 star hotel anywhere. Ah, and another annoyance was the lack of a kettle in the room. My wife drinks tea. Well. in that case you need to call the reception and wait for someone to bring hot water from the bar.

To wrap up, good looking hotel, friendly staff, nice and spacious rooms but far from a boutique hotel. The management still has a lot of work to do. Simple example, they advertise at the reception and in the room their partnership with some airline member programs and when I told them that I want to give my membership card number to get the benefits they said "I don't think we have this program anymore...". I could not say more...

Room Tip: Do not touch the minibar. Maldives prices.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for chosing Epoque Hotel for your stay in Bucharest and for taking the time to offer us valuable feedback regarding your stay. We take guests' recommendations extremely serious, as I personally consider it is the only way we can pursue excellence.
Although I really appreciate your kind remarks about our hotel, at the same time I deeply regret that your stay was less than perfect.

I must say I was quite surprized by your comment about nobody caring about your special event, since I personally approved the free upgrade from the Junior suite you booked to the Executive Suite you were accomodated, and I instructed my colleague at the reception to congratulate you on behalf of Epoque and to offer you as our gift the free upgrade.

For the miles programs that we adhered to as members of Worldhotels, I must inform you that they are valid only for reservations coming via Worldhotels which have the miles included, It is a contractual matter we cannot break, and I appologize that my colleague (which is quite new in our organization and needs more traning) was not able to properly explain the conditions of the miles program.

Last but not least, I honestly apologize for the inconvenience the construction site outside the hotel caused you, we have agreed with the constructor that noisy works should start daily after 11, however, things are not always under our full control, and again, please accept my sincere apologies.

There is always room for improvement and your experience with us being less than enjoyable only makes me and my team strive to get better. I honestly hope you will chose our hotel for your future trip to Bucharest so we will have a chance to prove ourselves to be at the height of your expectations.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed six days total at époque and must say it rates as one of the best places I've ever stayed. I would like to sincerely thank the staff and a special thanks to bellman Robert and my favorite bartender in the world Robert "thanks guys for making me feel so welcome so far from home and I hope we meet again". The room was large, comfortable, and clean with nice tv and great in room mini bar and service. The food was great and room included a nice breakfast. Quiet location and beautiful building and if there is any place I'd recommend stay in Bucharest it is here. Thanks again to everyone there and I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed August 2013
Diana P, Owner at Epoque Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,

Greetings from Epoque Hotel! Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience following your recent stay at Epoque Hotel Bucharest.
It was a great pleasure to have you as our guest and I passed all your compliments to the entire team (especially the two Roberts :) ) for their professionalism.

It is indeed our mission as a luxury boutique hotel to provide personalized services to all our guest and your comments are for sure an incentive to our team members to out-perform themselves.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Epoque Hotel during your next visit to Bucharest.

Owner & CEO

Been to Epoque Hotel? Share your experiences!