“Absolutely worth” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 161 Hotels in Bucharest
Budapest, Hungary
“Absolutely worth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I booked the hotel by accident because it was far away from my destination in Bucharest but I am glad I did. Its price on the net promised a medium level but comfortable hotel but they positively surprised me. The address is in a small side street in downtown, so the traffic is not very noisy in the morning although it makes it a bit difficult to find even for a local who does not live in the neighborhood.The view from my room on the top floor was not exciting it is just an average residential area.
On my arrival I was offered a welcome glass of excellent Romanian redwine with a cheese plate. It made me feel sorry for my very late arrival because I could not try their kitchen.
The hotel design must be recently, light colors and lamps in the floor.The designer must have been a fan of neon lamps, there were plenty of them in the room.My room and the bathroon were spacy and clean.
The internet is free and works well.
In the morning the breakfast was excellent with fresh vegetables and fruits and with a friendly and quick service.
The staff in general is very helpful and professional. I will probably go back the next time again because it is has a really good price to value ratio.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you very much for your review and appreciations! Some accidents are fortunate and I am happy to know that this was one of the cases. You're right about the design, the hotel is new and from the beginning it was designed to be fresh and modern, but also attentive with the environment. For example, it is true that at first we had some neon lamps, but know, all the lighting in the hotel is done by LED lamps. Be sure you will be received with the same warmth the next time you visit, we're looking forward to your next stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Oxfordshre
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights from 29/12/13-1/1/14. Super reasonable prices, a short stroll from central Bucharest and the friendliest staff you could hope for. Room was super clean, well equipped (good coffee) and conformable. Good bathroom with a decent (and hot) shower, good toiletries etc. All round a really good experience. I can definitely see why people rate this hotel highly. Allowed us a very late breakfast (which was always superb) on New Year's Day and a check out that most hotels would have tried to charge us for. Top marks all round.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
I am glad that you chose to spend the New Year's Eve/New Year's Day with us, I hope you had a fabulous time! The late breakfast and check-out were were not problems at all, we're always more than happy to assist our guests when it is in our power, and I don't understand why it shouldn't be in our power most of the times. Thank you very much for your review and have a wonderful year, all the best for 2014!
Erbendorf, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Everything about this hotel made our Romanian experience a great one. Here's a rundown of everything I liked about the hotel: The location is very centralized within Bucharest. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is incredible (I think it's also included for all guests - not a separate purchase). The WiFi access is free and fairly quick. The rooms are very modern and have a pleasant ambiance (lots of neat lighting); Also included is an espresso machine and a good sized flat screen TV. The owner comes around in the evenings at the restaurant and tries to meet his guests; If you talk to him, you'll find that he is very passionate about his country's history and likes to learn about his guests. The hotel is partnered with Ian Events Tours. This touring company provided us with the wonderful service of Aurelian who is the best tour guide I've ever had the pleasure to meet. He is very knowledgeable of Romanian history and will take you to all the most interesting places in and around Bucharest. Some tour guides can be pushy making for an awkward experience. This is not the case at all with Aurelian. He is also very candid about what is cost friendly for his clients, or if he thinks something is not worth your time, he will make a soft-spoken recommendation. Overall, I found that the hotel really strives for excellent customer service, which in turn made me want to come on tripadvisor and write them an excellent review. I'm very happy to have booked the place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your wonderful review, it was a pleasure to meet you! I am happy that you were also happy! Aurelian is quite some guy and his tours are a nice way to get to know Bucharest or Romania. Now that you mentioned him, we have a TripAdvisor page for his services, you can find it by searching Christina Private Tours, a review there would be great for him if you have some spare time. Thank you again and have a wonderful week!
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

A true gem in a city that is itself a hidden gem. Beautifully designed and appointed, it has all the amenities of a 5-star hotel at a 3-star hotel price. Breakfast was sumptuous, and everything was fresh. The restaurant was also excellent. A courteous staff and a great car service that takes guests to and from the airport as well as sightseeing combine to top off an unforgettable experience.

Room Tip: Although in a quiet neighborhood, the hotel can point guests to several good restaurants nearby.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your review, people like you sharing their experiences makes it possible! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and also Bucharest, a very nice city, a gem as you said, if you know where to look.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

I have said it before and I will say it again. This is the best most charming hotel in Bucharest. If I didn't leave the hotel for 2 weeks I was in country I would have been fine. Such nice people, such great food, such great service. I will only stay there,when in Bucharest. Cleanest rooms, warm atmosphere, and everyone so nice and genuine. I highly recommend .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
I am happy to know you felt so good with us, you will always find a warm welcome at Christina, I am looking forward to your next visit in Bucharest! Thank you very much for your review and recommendations!
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Since its opening, we stayed there few times and every time it was a pleasant experience. The hotel is well located, very clean and modern. The breakfast buffet is fresh and with a lot of options. The staff is very professional and genuinly nice. The hotel is small so the service you get is one tailored to your needs. We enjoyed very much the restaurant of the hotel.

Stayed December 2013
It is always a pleasure to receive a guest that has been with us quite a few times, from the beginning! I am glad to know you return at Christina with the same pleasure, as we always try to improve. Thank you very much for your review!
Skien, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We wanted to visit the Christmas marked in Bucharest. Although the hotel was situated a 20-30 minutes’ walk from the old town, it was a near the main streets, boulevards and interesting sites.
Transfer to and from the airport was arranged by the hotel. This kind of pre-agreed transfer is highly recommended (secure wise). The hotel staff was informed about sightseeing and happily gave us maps and tips on where to go.
All the way, we met smiling, very polite, professional staff. The rooms had acceptable space, where clean and all technology where functioning.
We will most certainly use this hotel if we ever decide to visit Romania again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review! The Christmas market in Bucharest was really great this year. Bucharest doesn't have such a long standing tradition regarding Christmas markets (in part because Christmas and everything that had to do with religion was discouraged during the communist period, to put it in nice words), but in the last few years they started to become part of the scenery which is great! I am glad you enjoyed your experience with us in such a wonderful part of the year!

Been to Hotel Christina? Share your experiences!