“Fabulous hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 159 hotels in Bucharest
Aberlour, United Kingdom
“Fabulous hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

What a beautiful hotel! Very modern, very clean, very helpful and friendly staff. We stayed for 3 nights and nothing was too much trouble. My husband especially enjoyed the red wine!
Bucharest is an interesting city, it was a pleasant surprise to us. We had added it to our three week tour of Europe more as a convenient stopping point. But we really liked it.
The hotel is not too far from the main sights, we walked mostly, only taking a taxi once.
Oh by the way....when arriving at the airport make sure you get in an official taxi, we thought we had and ended up paying €50 instead of €20. We got the hotel to organise the return journey.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you very much for your appreciations and review on TripAdvisor! I think that must have been a very nice journey! I am glad to know you found the twinkle in Bucharest because it is definitely there, even though you have to look a little bit for it. Good advice regarding the taxis, I am sorry about your incident. The best thing is either to call a taxi from the special machines inside the airport, or as you said, contact someone from the hotel and we can arrange a personal driver for you. Also, if you are in front of the hotel, getting out of the taxi and you think it is a rip off, go strait to the front desk and ask for help and we will try to strait that out.

519 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I found Hotel Christina on Trip Advisor and booked my stay according to the reviews. It's a comfortable hotel and the staff is above excellent. The design is spare and makes for a very soothing atmosphere. They have a driver who is excellent and very helpful. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2013
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for choosing Hotel Christina and our transport service for your stay in Bucharest. I am glad to know we did not disappoint you, it was our pleasure to make your experience with us a pleasant one. Thank you very much for your review!
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I left Romania in 1981 and lived in most continents and stayed in lots of hotels. Since 1990 I started to go regularly to Romania in business. I tried a number of hotels over the years and settled in 2002 to Howard Johnson, as a decent hotel that is a good price performance place to stay. Recently though they increased their prices and it forced me to look at other hotels in Bucharest. I took the tripadvisor's counsel and tried Hotel Christina. It was a magic experience. Half the price compared with Howard Johnson and I fell in love with the interior design, rooms and common parts, the natural warmth and attention of the staff (people at the reception and at the restaurant. And it is in the heart of Bucharest too. It was very quiet in the room. Spotless room too. Quite high tech. e.g. you pull gently the curtains in the direction desired and the curtains fully close or open. Although it is designed with the high tech user, I think a regular traveler will managed the room's electronics...Assuming things there don't change, I think I found my hotel for Bucharest for the next 10 years... Dan Dumitrescu dan@ki-integral.com

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Dan, Thank you very much for your lovely review on TripAdvisor! I am happy to know, that after all this time traveling back to Bucuresti, you found a place you love to stay in. As in your example, some changes are for the better, but since we opened a few years ago, we tried not to change, but if we did, we always tried to improve, offer better services, competitive and fair prices. I am certain we can continue with this trend. We are looking forward to your next visits and be assured you will always have a nice place in Bucuresti.
Bullhead City, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My Name is Jordan L. And I spent 17 days at Hotel Christina. I traveled bachelor at 28 years old, I had planned on visiting Romania, Hungary, Czech, Germany, Belgium, and Holland. However I enjoyed Hotel Christina so much that I need up staying my entire vacation as a guest at H.C.

I booked a 'Deluxe' room... It was very pleasantly colored with a very large bathroom and a unique decor that I'd never experienced. It would be a boutique design I believe. House keeping is thorough and very accommodating to your schedule, as I kept odd hours but still received cleanings when I would go for lunch (my breakfast some days). HOWEVER once I saw that the breakfast buffet was a literal feast of fresh fruits, fresh pastries and breads, cereals, bio eggs, a large selection of tea or your choice of coffee style beverages at no additional fee... I never again missed breakfast. The chefs at the restaurant IN the hotel at Very skilled and never failed to have me savoring my meals. In turn I only ate outside of the hotel once. Every couple of nights I would catch dinner at a busy time and as a result I was able to meet some very interesting people from all walks of life, while drinking Romania 's fabulous red wine, local beer, on multiple occasions with Calin himself, a most gracious and amicable host! The menu is full of choices, the risotto is particularly delicious, as was the steak. If you can't decide, you can always ask for the chefs opinion and you will not be disappointed.

Let's see... the staff is very professional and gracious. And the women are beautiful AND polite... after a few nights of drinking my share Palinka on the terrace (Palinka is a plum brandy that is more considered moonshine and is free for the asking) with, my now good friend Calin (owner of Hotel Christina) I got better acquainted with the staff and became fast friends and would have conversations with them (when they weren't busy tending reception) with no issues because they are all fluent in English. Long story short, it is. Very personal experience if you lend yourself to it. It was a very warm environment. Andrea, Raluka, Alina, Claudia were the employees I interacted with the most and would consider them to be more than professional acquaintences.

Services the hotel offer are quite numerous, from drivers to dry cleaning, to helping me order pizza at odd hours in the mornings to arranging for massages and calling honest cab services and coordinating your trips/tours, to helping you find something to do and encouraging you to see the gorgeous country that is Romania.

All-in-all, the hotel experience alone was well worth the trip and I left feeling as though I underpaid for the luxury and enjoyment that I experienced. I WILL be returning in 2014. Do not mis out on this experience. On my last day I was given two of the biggest and best tasting sandwiches I dare say I've ever had. I ate them on my flight while everyone else was eating terrible air line food... the looks of envy and confusion I received were very amusing. And upon checking in I was given a wine and cheese sampler which was delicious and. Nice way to decompress after flying and gettin out of my hostile work environment for 17 days.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Hey Jordan! Thank you very much for your impressive review! You had beaten Rajev's, it will make him blush! It was a real pleasure to meet you! I spent real wonderful evenings in your company! This is the good part of the business: to meet wonderful people from across the world and to find real friends like you. Christina will always be open for you (but remember to book right away you figure out your plans because as you know, we are fully booked many times). I am keeping my fingers crossed for you to return back in 2014 and have the necessary time to do it. As you noticed, we have the most beautiful women in the world and Christina has the best staff on the Planet! Regarding the cabs, it is true that Bucharest still has a problem unfortunately, but at the airport, always use the recently installed gadget that calls you the cab or, as you know, we can provide the airport transfer service. We are looking forward to your visit, always friends!
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is a really nice hotel with very warm and helpful staffs. I really enjoy the welcome gift of cheese platter and red wine. And, its restaurant is really good too. I ordered a seafood salad and a soup, and it's one of the best meal I have in Romania! The salad portion is very generous and the seafood is ample. highly recommend to try their restaurant.

The room itself is comforatble and clean. And, the hotel is only 5 minutes walk to the subway station and only take 2-3 subway stops to get to center of the old town.

Really enjoy my stay there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
First of all, thank you very much for your review and pictures on TripAdvisor, they are really nice and I always like the idea of guests posting up pictures because it shows their perspective, no fancy angles, nu picture editing, just the hotel how it really is. I am happy to know you enjoyed your experience with Christina and that you also tried out the restaurant and recommended it. Looking forward to your next visit in Bucharest!
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is smallish, ultra-modern hotel is located just north of Bucharest's old town. Metro access is close-by making access to the entire city easy. Staff members were very helpful and the included-breakfast was way beyond expectations.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us! About the breakfast, I think that just because it is included in the room price, this doesn't mean it has to be a rip off (like in many other places sadly). Thank you very much for your review and I hope we can have you as our guests again in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Great hotel with wonderful service and staff. they made our room available at 9 AM - way early. the room was clean and orderly and fully stocked, even with robes if we wanted. Breakfast came with the room and it was wonderful. We will definitely go back. it is close to downtown and other sights and restaurants. Bucharest traffic is formidable, but because it is on a side street, the environment is quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Good point about the traffic, but you should have seen it a few year ago, it was a nightmare! Lucky the gas got so expensive in the last few years :). I am delighted you chose Christina as your place in Bucharest, it was a pleasure to have you as our guests! Thank you very much for your review!

Been to Hotel Christina? Share your experiences!