“Excellent Food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #135 of 174 Restaurants in Chisinau
Cuisines: Central American
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: "A la Carte" "Manhattan Restaurant "with a delicious blend of American, European and National cuisine for 60-120 persons .Its exquisite design,pleasant atmosphere and marvelous cuisine are the necessary ingredients of a perfect party."Manhattan Lounge Bar"- with design that looks like bars from "Little Italy", Manhattan, New York, USA. Roof Terrace for open air parties; We are open 7 days a week from 07.00 a.m to 11.00 p.m.
Zurich, Switzerland
“Excellent Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

High Quality Food to an excellent Price. Yet, Long waiting time to get the Food. Don´t let the waiter choosing the wine...you will get the most (but not best) wine in Chisinau

Visited September 2013
Corina-Jarcutchii, Executive Director at The Manhattan Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Guest we really appreciate your
gesture to write for us a nice review !We are very pleased to hear kind words from our guests and to share beautiful moments with each of you!Waiting for you with pleasure to enjoy our Foods on restaurant !!!

Iasi, Romania
“Cozy atmosphere and wonderful kitchen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Very nice place to spend a romantic evening with beloved person. We were met very warmly with smiling faces.Manhattan restaurant has various kitchens and good service. Romantic saxofon music, candle blinking, sparkling wine in a glass made our evening unforgettable!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Corina-Jarcutchii, Executive Director at The Manhattan Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to have your Romantic dinner in our restaurant.We are happy that you liked it! We invite you to come back !
Chisinau, Moldova
“Great dinner and night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Enjoyed the food and our stay at the Restaurant.

The service and atmosphere was excellent.

We had a wonderful experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Corina J, Executive Director at The Manhattan Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks a lot for your review. We will be very happy to to see you again!
uk
“Very good food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I went there with my husband for a romantic evening. We ordered the Chef''s tasting a delightful 2 course meal with impeccable service. The waitress new every detail and her descriptions of the meals made you want it more. The flavors were rich and presented in a manner that was like artwork on the plate. Highly recommend this place.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Corina J, Executive Director at The Manhattan Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks alot for your review. We will be very happy to to see you again!
Moscow, Russia
“A comedy of errors”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Thought I would give kinder review, but realising we paid 20 euros for a wine that cost 2.50 at the airport, I have deided to write whole account of our evening at this establishment. Firstly, I can't believe the other reviews. I must have either dined in a wrong restaurant or everyone had a really bad day. So how it went?
We sat down, ordered champagne first, in English. Another waitress arrived. We spoke both English and Russian, two of three languages menu was written in, but no luck. Okay, we showed her on the menu what we wanted. She returned five minutes later with paper and pen to take our order again. Another five minutes later she said they don't have the pumpkin soup I ordered. Okay, I though, no fuss, I exchanged it for a salad. Later on she came and said they don't have the fussili I've ordered either. Okay, I changed it to spaghetti. She came again and said something, I didn't understand. I found later the meat for spaghetti was unavailable but they at least can make them with chicken.

Thirty minutes into the dinner our champagne arrived. Apparently they didn't have it in stock, but they were kind enough to run to the nearest shop and get it for us. That's very kind of them, the problem was it was warm and unchilled. The waitress that opened it left the cork and leftover wrap on our table, no ice bucket was provided. Hour and something into the dinner my salad arrived. The vegetables were nice and fresh, but what makes a salad salad? Yes, you've guessed it, dressing. No such luck. Mains arrived. My food was good, it tasted nice. My husband's as well, but the problem was he ordered calf, not chicken. Then we ordered another bottle of wine. Turned out they charged it tenfold. The wines available are huge problem in this restaurant as the wine list on the menu is quite extensive, but then they actually have three available and are charging insane money for them.

But what the heck, okay. Another waitress, the one who brought us champagne, she was nice and friendly, took our dessert order and recommended the cake of the house with an ice cream. The cake was good but dry. I bake shortbread so I know the texture was not right. Where did we encounter the same cake? On our breakfast buffet, but this one was at least fresh. So we were recommended the leftovers from breakfast so they could have gotten rid of them?

I think the whole fare lasted two and half hours. We actually decided not to complain as we didn't wish to ruin our weekend and decided to enjoy and laugh about this crazy restaurant and guess what else might go wrong. Also, another foreign guests of the hotel were having dinner there and they seemed to be waiting for their food for quite some time too.
Overall, food is good but there's a small chance you'll get what you've initially ordered. They don't seem to be stocked well which would be fine by me, but then don't give me such an extensive menu to choose from. Value for money was not good, especially for the wines. Atmosphere is nice but the services you recieve don't reflect it. I would suggest going elsewhere and avoiding disappointment and overcharging. And very, very chaotic service. Or go and enjoy a soap opera that your dinner service will turn into :)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Corina-Jarcutchii, Director Executive at The Manhattan Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Guests,

We are very sorry for that situation you have been and for disliking our services.
We wish to see you again in our restaurant,but you likes our dishes.