“Blato” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #278 of 449 Restaurants in Zagreb
Zagreb, Croatia
“Blato”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Old style restaurant for anybody that likes fresh fish and seafood. One of the best seafood places in Zagreb.

Visited February 2012

springfield
“nice atmosphere, good prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

A fish restaurant. We really enjoyed our meal here, relaxing with good wine and lots of young couples as well as older Zagreb men having there afternoon drinks. Waitstaff was great. It felt authentic and not too touristy. Our meal was good and worth the inexpensive price. I did feel my tuna was a bit overcooked but it hit the spot. My daughter's weinerschnitzel was not her best--but, hey, it's a fish restaurant. Husband had pasta with shrimp. We looked at other restaurants before eating, and we're glad we ate here. With another visit (I would go back), maybe our ratings would be higher. PS: re other review, if you order fish by the kilo it will be very expensive. Check the kilo price or ask to see the fish and how much it will be before ordering. With my tuna I specified a quarter kilo, and the price was right!

Visited March 2012
Zagreb
“Blato is Cult!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

To all Fish- and Seafoodlovers, a native insider is speaking! Restaurant Blato Zlinje, originates by nature from the beautiful island of Korčula, and nurishes the fine cuisine of Dalmatia, especially in matters of the above mentioned cuisine. It isn´t cheap - good food from the sea never is - but as a local, and as many other locals, I appreciate this restaurant for its beatiful menu-offer and the appropriate taste of it. This is how Dalmatia tastes. The same can be said for its downtown dependance, "Buffet Tip-Top", know for being visited by one of the greatest Croatian poets ever during his lifetime, a real Dalmatian! We Zagreb people love it, as simple and special as it is!

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York, NY
“Ripped Off!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

This resturant came at the recommendation of a local and unfortunately I don't think they treat tourists the same way. We ordered a two pound fish that I shared with my husband and it cost $80!!!!!!!!!!!
We are from NYC and even the most expensive resturant in NYC would not charge $80 for one medium sized fish.
Worse was that my husband didn't like the taste or consistency. He compared it to hamburger meat. Probably the worst dining experience we had in Croatia.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere