“An interesting place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Tomislavov dom
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sljemenska Cesta 24, Zagreb 10000, Croatia   |
Ranked #34 of 56 Hotels in Zagreb
London, England
“An interesting place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I had a two night stay here in July and Zagreb is a wonderful city to explore.
The views are wonderful - it is at the top of a wintertime ski-lift - and much cooler than downtown Zagreb.
On the plus side, I enjoyed using the swimming pool.
Negatives were - no WiFi in the room, only in the lobby, and the food is only average. The best way to enjoy your stay is to eat in the city in the evening.

I can thoroughly recommend using the bus (stops right outside the hotel) & tram to get to and from the city,. It is inexpensive, reliable and the journey is great.

I would be happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are clean, but some have trees right outside the window.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Tomislavac, Director of Sales at Hotel Tomislavov dom, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Sir,
thank You so much for Your review.
We hope see You again with better food and nice view.
Regards, hotel Tomislavov dom.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Zagreb, Croatia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel. We stayed here two and a half years ago for two nights and everything was great.
This time we stayed only for one night to relax and get out of the crowded city. The room and the whole hotel are clean. The beds are comfortable, the fresh air on top of the mountain is fascinating.
The food (dinner and breakfast) was very delicious and the dinner in the hotel's restaurant wasn't too expensive. The waiter was very nice and fast, but the receptionist was kind of strange...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Josip,
thank You very much for Your great review :)
We hope we will be even better next time.
See You at the top. Regards, hotel Tomislavov dom.
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We went on Sljeme especially to have lunch at this hotel, but we were so disappointed. Such a trip up there just for a bad lunch.I ordered a Greek salad, they didn't have cucumber, I then ordered just tomatoes with cheese. They brought me tomatoes in oil telling me that they don't even have cheese at the moment. The steak was pretty good, however my mom was also unpleasant with the wine she asked for. We won't be going there anytime soon, Zagreb has so many good restaurants.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Madam,
we are very sorry that you were not satisfied. Im sorry but in our menu we dont have Greek salad? We have traditional Croatian kitchen. Hope see You next time. Regards, hotel Tomislavov dom.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Located on the top of Medvednica mountain, this ski-resort-like hotel offers great inexpensive food, stunning views of both Zagreb and Zagorje, pleasant staff, clean and comfortable rooms and above all, peace. The ski slopes are 100 m away, and there are many hiking paths all around the hotel. The best part is that it's only 30 mins.away from the center of Zagreb, and you can reach it by public transport. For those who can't stand the summer heat this is a perfect choice.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,
thank You very much for Your review.
We hope see You again.
Regards,
hotel Tomislavov dom
Zagreb, Croatia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

The second time I was in Croatia it was winter and I decided to have my friends and I stay at the Hotel Tmislavov dom because the rates were easy with our budget. We also searched them online and they had very good reviews so we had to try them out. I like the thought of different flags raised outside to commend those who are visiting. It’s a nice way to appreciate foreign guests. I felt a bit of pride when I saw one of my country’s flags there. A nice hotel in the mountains but would take you some bit of difficulty just to get there. The indoor swimming pool was a bit small but we enjoyed our stay anyway and we still went for a swim

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Tomislavac, Director of Sales at Hotel Tomislavov dom, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Winstone, thank You very much for Your visit. We hope see You again next time. Regards.
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

The trip going to the hotel is a challenge but you'll enjoy the ride for sure. What moved me was that I was really excited to get there that I even forgot that I wanted to go to the ladies room. When we got there, there were only a few people who were checked in and according to one of the staff; it was a lean month for them. I liked how it was less crowded though because I got to maximize the whole area and appreciate it with my personal standards. The food is really good although I forgot the name of the dishes we ordered. The waiting is worth it. The rates are not so bad too, reasonable and efficient service. A good place to stay, relax and enjoy the view.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear PolitMoodiTraci, thank You very much for Your visit. We hope see You next time, maybe in Summer :) Regards.
Istanbul, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

the hotel was nice and clean. But a little bit far and in the national park so you will need sure a car to get there!! The view is full nature you can breath a very fresh air there!! The staff is not that nice but Zagreb is a very nice with a very nice people.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Majdibigtraveller, thank You very much for Your visit. We are very sorry if the staff was rude to you, our staff has received a warning. we hope see U next time. Regards.

Been to Hotel Tomislavov dom? Share your experiences!