“Costly, but with no arguments....” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 449 Restaurants in Zagreb
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Croatian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: OXBO Urban Bar & Grill has the best US beef steaks in Zagreb! After you try them there’s no goingback. Restaurant Executive Chef Tomislav Nikšić has created a contemporary menu, with popular foods from Croatia, Europe, The America’s and Asia. OXBO is located on one of the main roads in Zagreb, Ulica grada Vukovara. Your new favorite restaurant in Zagreb features urban design - with the open theatre kitchen at the heart of the action. You can sit at the dining bar and feel the heat of the busy kitchen. In the restaurant’s informal atmosphere steal the cooking tips and a recipe or two from our OXBO kitchen team. With a variety of seating options, OXBO suits your mood at any given time, whether you’re coming in for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Sibenik, Croatia
“Costly, but with no arguments....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I've visited this restaurant chiefly because they claim they've got Black Angus beef on their menu. It turned out that the waiter had no clue what prime-rib means. We've had some salads and carpaccio for the starter and selection of steaks with grilled vegetables and sauces for the main course. Some of the veggies were old and should not be served in such restaurant (probably coming from local retail chain Konzum or similar), but sauces were success. Steaks were properly grilled, but .....the taste was below par. The desert was souffle and it was a failure. Now, it seems that everything went south during this visit, but it wasn't all that bad.It's only that I expect much more from such a place and so ambitious menu. I hope, given time and some further training, that this will be a place to visit when it comes to steaks. And, yes, they are too costly for no particular reason.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
DoubleTreeZagreb, Manager at OXBO Urban Bar & Grill, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review. The experiences you described are not characteristic of the level of service we strives to provide, and we apologize your dining experience was unsatisfactory. Your feedback was shared with our team, and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and exceed your expectations.

Damir Huber, Food and Beverage Service Manager at OXBO Urban Bar & Grill

Zagreb, Croatia
“A successful mixture of urban restaurant and steakhouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

It was Sunday and when I was invited to this restaurant for a business lunch, I thought that I won't enjoy in a restaurant which is a part of a hotel. But I was so pleasantly surprised. Since I've entered the restaurant, I've forgotten my attitude. The restaurant has a real urban flaire, is very nice, with all kinds of sitting possibilities. I am a meat cutter and I know a good piece of steak, and this restaurant exceeded my expectations. Wow, the steak melt in my mouth. Service was top notch. My glass of water and my glass of wine was always full. If you search for a great meal with great urban atmosphere, this is your place. You will feel spoiled and stay there longer that you've intended at first.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear guest,

thank you for choosing OXBO Urban Bar & Grill for your business lunch and posting this positive review.

I am glad that you have enjoyed our steak selection and our caring service.

I hope to see you soon.

Damir Huber, Food & Beverage Service Manager at OXBO Urban Bar & Grill
Northampton England
“Limp lunch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Sounds like I'm going against the grain with the reviews here, but....had lunch here...distinctly unimpressive....ordered chicken ceasar...limp salad, no taste, seemed to lack the basic ingredients of a chicken ceasar. They might be good at steaks, but a basis salad seemed to be beyond them.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dear guest,

I am sorry to hear that we didn't manage to make your lunch with us a satisfactory one. We appreciate your feedback and I will discuss your comments about the Caesar salad with our Executive Chef.

We do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back so we can improve on your first impression.

Damir Huber, Food & Beverage Service Manager at OXBO Urban Bar & Grill
Zagreb, Grad Zagreb, Croatia
“I am HOOKED!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I am a meat lover! I love all kinds of meat, but since I have spent a good portion of my life in USA, I appreciate good steaks and burgers.
Although I was born in Zagreb, and I love it and it's restaurant scene, I pretty much gave up on finding a restaurant that will offer me a really good steak.

Thanks to my business partner who stayed at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and his idea to grab a quick lunch in their OXBO restaurant, I have found my favorite restaurant in Zagreb. I had no idea they even existed, and not only that! That they have the best beef in Zagreb! Oh joy!!!

We took what they call an OXBO salad with black Angus flank steak and baby shrimp (I thought it would be a nice meal for a quick lunch)...it was everything but a quick lunch! After having a perfectly cooked flank stake with the perfect amount of seasoning I went for my favorite- a BURGER. Now, I've had my share of burgers in life, but this burger was extraordinary! Love the homemade ketchup, love the homemade potatoes, love the burger!

I went back today-still fascinated!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
DoubleTreeZagreb, Manager at OXBO Urban Bar & Grill, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear guest,

it's always nice to receive a nice appraisal but what makes me very happy to hear is that we managed to satisfy your love for the steaks. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us and we are hoping to stay your favorite restaurant for a long time.

Hope to see you again soon.

Damir Huber, Food & Beverage Service Manager
London, United Kingdom
“Nice food, lovely ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were drawn to the restaurant because of it was recommended as a great stake place. The stakes were really excellent, the rest of the food was a bit over seasoned for my taste, but maybe it was meant to suit an American palate. The deserts were rather creative and mostly fruit inspired. The atmosphere and setting is lovely although it's right in the lobby of a big business hotel.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
DoubleTreeZagreb, Manager at OXBO Urban Bar & Grill, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for dining at OXBO Urban Bar & Grill and taking the time to post a review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our stakes and apologize if the seasoning was not to your taste.

Should you be joining us in the future, we would be more than happy to accommodate your preference.

Hope to see you soon.