Normally, unless we are on a trip, we somehow avoid visiting pubs and restaurants that look like one. Their dishes are mostly tasty, but monotonous.
We were without ideas for Saturday lunch, saw a recommendation on a blog we follow and gave it a go. K pivovari is a pub/restaurant placed next to the Zagrebacka brewery known for its very popular, but quite unpleasant lager.
So, the negative sides of our lunch:
1. Couvert was cheese based, even though it was specially requested no meal should contain that foul ingredient for me.
2. Gratinated strudel was not properly seasoned.
3. A good part of the restaurant is in the dark, which might be suitable for a pubby atmosphere, but, it's quite difficult to eat most of the beer-based dishes as they are quite dark themselves. This was especially the case with the duck as it contained bones, some of which were very small.
4. Duck confit wasn't a confit as the meat wasn't juicy enough.
5. Beer chocolate cake was also a bit dry with no taste of beer at all.
However, even though the list of negatives seems to be verbose, everything we ate was excellent, especially the duck *roast* with mlinci (chewy baked and then cooked pasta drowned in fat) which was simply spectacular!
Our expectations were low, but, at the end, we were positively surprised.
If you own or manage Ozujsko Pub - "K Pivovari", register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.