“Excellent hotel,great stuff :-)” 5 of 5 stars

The Westin Zagreb
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Izidora Krsnjavoga 1, Zagreb 10000, Croatia   |
Ranked #19 of 55 hotels in Zagreb
Zagreb, Croatia
“Excellent hotel,great stuff :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I spent 3 night in hotel (shutting for one Croatian film).

I was working but also had great time :-).

Toilets (ground floor) are very clean.

Tram stop is in front od hotel.

Stuff was great,nice,very polite and helpful,
especially stuff night stuff fro Diana bar
and reception (Danijela,Maja,Silvio).

I would higly recomend this hotel to my friends :-)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

442 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Korean first
Karachi, Pakistan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Westin Zagreb recently when I was there to attend a friend's wedding. I decided to stay here because I thought it would offer 5 star luxury at walking distance to the center square and other directions.

The room was very decent, and the view of the city from the room was quite spectacular. I also appreciated the location. My friends and I just walked to the center square, never had to take a cab or other transport. Even though there was a tram stop right outside the hotel. Another good point was that there was pharmacy (dm store) located right below the hotel.

However I expected more from the hotel. First of all there was no water in my room. I might be wrong, but almost every hotel that I have stayed at provides at least a bottle or two of water complimentary. When I asked about it at the desk, I was informed that was not the norm for the entire hotel, and only preferred customers got water. I was quite surprised about that. Seeing that I had got a beautiful city view room on the 15th floor, and was paying for it, I felt quite 'ignored' that I dont qualify for a bottle of water.

Next, because I was there to attend a wedding, it was inevitable that I needed to do some nail polish work. However I didn't find one of those tiny 'vanity kits' in the bathroom. The kind that have a couple of cotton balls and q-tips in them. I asked at the desk and they said, they don't have any such thing. Also while my bathroom had a bathrobe, no towel slippers were provided in the room. All in all, I found this a bit sloppy and disorganized. I expected better.

I think these are some things that the Westin Zagreb needs to improve. Also the internet set-up, it feels needlessly complicated. Though mine worked by some fluke, and I dont have any complaints. But my friends had a hard time accessing the net. Otherwise, the staff was courteous and normal and the rooms were clean.

Room Tip: choose the city view on a higher floor - you can see all of Zagreb!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am a starwood platinum member and I have spent quite a number of nights in starwood hotels and this location did not completely disappoint. Service was great, with one exception which I will mention below. The location was great. The rooms are what you would expect from a 5 star hotel, clean. The free wifi in the room was a bonus. I stayed with a friend and we had a bathroom with a full tub and a powder room which was a bonus. Our room was very big and the beds are great and exactly as you would expect with a Westin. A few things that did not meet my expectations though. There was a blood-like stain on my bed sheets (we were worried so we checked for bed bugs, but that was not an issue so we are still unsure what that stain was from). The shower leaked a little bit. I was also disappointed with reception; generally when I check in all locations, as a platinum member, they tell me whether or not I have been upgraded but I was not told this so I am still unsure whether or not I got the upgrade and they generally confirm my length of stay and my payment method which they did not when I checked in (I like to know this especially when I am paying with points). These are preferences that I did not meet my expectations starwood brand. It did not ruin my experience in Zagreb, but it did slightly ruin my near-perfect experiences that I have had in the past with the starwood brand.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Darko R, General Manager at The Westin Zagreb, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Sir, thank you for staying at the Westin Zagreb Hotel and thank you for sharing your impressions. We will look into the points you are bringing up especially in regards to the SPG procedure. I already discussed the issue with all front office team in order to avoid such a situation in the future. I am glad you enjoyed the service of our staff, the room and the location. Hope to be able to welcome you back upon next opportunity. With our best regards
Mountain View, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I'm generally quite impressed with Starwood and their Westin's. In fact, I chose two on my recent vacation. One was extraordinary and one was well.......blah......

The Zagreb Westin's location was fabulous. Very walkable to the cathedral and nicer parts of town and seemingly right on the border of the not so nice.

Location: A

The room condition was ok, The mattress was particularly bad. The carpets need to be stretched out or replaced. Bubbling carpets is about as bad as it gets. Rooms are tiny.

Room Condition: C

Service was uneven. Night auditor was frankly rude and not very good. Bellman was fantastic. Bartender was ok at best. The worst bit was parking. Upon checkin, which took forever because the copy machine was down and night auditor incompetent, our rental cars which were to be returned at the hotel were in the registration area (not even parked) for more than the allowable 15 minutes. Therefore, we were charged for parking for one hour during registration and return of our vehicles. Not much money, but its the principle that counts.

Service C

Would I choose it again? Probably not...unless I was using points. It needs an upgrade to meet Westin standards.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Darko R, General Manager at The Westin Zagreb, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Sir, thank you for sharing your impressions. We will look into the points you are bringing up, especially the issue with the parking. Thank you for staying at the Westin Zagreb Hotel and we are looking forward to welcome you back upon next opportunity. With our kindest regards
Tuakau, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The rooms are spacious and well serviced. Biggest issue we had was with the dining room as it was very full with a number of tours staying - we had trouble finding a table. Kept running out of various dishes, at both the buffet dinner and breakfast. You can't fault the location though as it is a pleasant 10 minute walk into the centre of the city.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir, thank you for staying at the Westin Zagreb Hotel and thank you for sharing your impressions online. Your comments in regards to the breakfast we will take in consideration. Thanks once again and welcome back. Best regards
Rovinj, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Well everything was great the moment we did arrive to the hotel, reception room is specious clean large with touch of the decor,bed quality and pillows are great, bath room and specious with excellent towels. restaurants also very good especially the breakfast was rich,even the price is high but is good. All staff extremely helpful and attention to detail second to none .Location - close to shops, sightseeing, yet not noisy.

Room Tip: bed quality and pillows are great
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sir, great to hear you enjoyed the hotel and your stay. We hope to be able to welcome you back soon. With best regards
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here 4 nights in June. Good room and bathroom, very clean.
Good sound insulation, never heard a noise except for exuberant soccer fans on the street after a recent late night World Cup victory.
I didn't include breakfast as it is expensive for a light meal but Ok of you are a big eater.
Beautiful pool and good gym area.
The excellent tram system runs alongside although the fabulous city centre is a short walk away.
Great views across the city but through rather dirty windows.
This is a great hotel for quiet time and access to the bustling city centre.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the nice feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to welcome you back upon next opportunity. With our kindest regards

Been to The Westin Zagreb? Share your experiences!