“Location and Comfort” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 55 Hotels in Zagreb
Newcastle, Australia
“Location and Comfort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I chose the Sheraton because of its location and the Sheraton brand. It lived up to my expectations in most cases.
The hotel was just a short stroll to the centre of town and many of the tourist sites and restaurants.
From my room I had a view of the magnificent spires of St Catherine's Cathedral.
My room was spacious and my bed very comfortable. It was very quiet despite being in a busy part of the city. I slept like a baby.
My bathroom was adequate, a little dated, with a step in bath shower. I don't like this. It is uncomfortable and could be quite dangerous when entering and exiting the shower.
The room was cleaned to a high standard and I liked the drawdown at night and the little chocolates. A lovely bowl of fruit was delivered to my room which I thought was a classy touch.
Breakfast was very good and staff very friendly.
The hotel wifi is the best I have encountered in Europe.
I think some guidance and provision regarding tour options and obtaining a driver ought to be standard hotel policy. I had difficulty obtaining an appropriately hotel recommended driver. Customer relations is an essential part of running a hotel.
Overall I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and indefinitely would stay there again if I returned to Zagreb.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Hi Leon,

Many thanks for sharing your impressions with us in such detail. I've taken note of your comments regarding providing tour options in the city; I quite agree. For your information, we've started up our refurb. The first phase will encompass the restaurants, bar, public areas, ballroom and meeting salons and will be completed by mid September. The second refurbishment phase will kick in this autumn and will encompass guest-rooms. I sincerely hope we'll have the chance to reconnect soon.

Cheers,
Mario

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Jerusalem, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed here for a night. The rate was really good- 75€ for the night. We also got massages at the spa. It was amazing!! Indoor pool was nothing great but the massages rooms and facilities were all new and modern.
It was a short walk to the city cafés and 8 min walk to city center.
Staff very friendly.
Big breakfast buffet.
Would come again

Stayed July 2014
Dear Chana100,

Thank you for caring enough to post your review. It's great to hear you were satisfied with your stay experience - we obviously connected and that's what it's all about. The Sheraton Zagreb Hotel awaits your return!

Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I am gold Starwood preferred member, they could not recognize that. And was told they give 15% off food and laundry charges. Then I ask to confirm again I was told that is not true, and if they give me it would come out from the front desk clerk's pay check. And it was not enough that front desk manager Mrs. Ivanka argued with me loudly in the lobby. I felt insulted by her rudeness and attitude. I thought it was very unprofessional of her to talk to any guest. And cleaning was not at par either.

Room Tip: None. I hope by now they would have fired that manager. Under sink lots of water stains specially th...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Guest123,

Thank you for sharing your impressions. It's unfortunate that your experience with our F.O. Manager was such a disappointment. Professionalism, and the Sheraton brand philosophy of connecting with our guests is our M.O., and we obviously missed out on the opportunity to connect with you. I was under the impression that we'd reached an acceptable form of indemnification in direct correspondence with you, but it appears that I'm mistaken. I've addressed your concerns with my FOM and I can assure you that scenarios the likes of this one will never recurr.

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The staff here is extremely rude! Get used to it. From the front desk to the waiters, they all act like they're doing you a favor!

The only other worst hotel in Zagreb is the Hotel Inter-Continental! That hotel is absolutely THE WORST HOTEL IN ZAGREB from top to bottom. Everything there is absolutely ridiculous!

The hotel and rooms are nice, but only if you get a good one. If you don't, demand a better one. Complain to management, that helped me. The room service is 24 hours, but it's just ok.

This hotel would do if I was pressed for something, but it certainly wouldn't be my first choice. Also, the restaurant in the lobby is a joke! I had guests coming at 2pm, they had a buffet out, but the waiter kept trying to lie to me telling me it wasn't open! He clearly didn't want to work! But he sure got the bill right away! I had to first walk to the front desk and complain to a manager before he agreed to start working! It was a nightmare! And the food was terrible!

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear TheJurisDoctor,

I appreciate your taking the time to post your impressions. It's unfortunate we didn't make the connection with you - what a shame. I'll do a trace of your stay and look into the interaction issues you apparently had with our front office and F&B operational staff. I've made a note of, and will look into your remark regarding the buffet in the restaurant. To make a long story short, I'd like nothing more than to demonstrate that we are and can do better. Do come back - I assure you we'll deliver on a true Sheraton experience!

Regards,
Sheraton Zagreb GM
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I was here for 4 nights. It is rare in European busy city to find a place that has a comfortable bed, provides peace and quiet. Top marks!
To add to the experience, all the staff were very welcoming, helpful and courteous.
The Halal menu is an added bonus and there are some very nice options to choose from.
I will certainly recommend the hotel to any muslims visiting Zagreb and concerned with finding halal food. The staff are well trained and provide prayer mats, Quran and quibla directions.
All in all a great experience...... well done Sheraton!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Travelgurust,

Thank you so much for posting your impressions. Your too kind, and I have to say this positive feedback is a tremendous source of motivation. I'm so glad we made such a great connection with you. Come back soon - the Sheraton Zagreb Hotel eagerly awaits your return.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Very comfortable large rooms, quiet with good beds and nice toilets. The furniture is a bit worn out and should be replaced, but it wasn't a problem for me. The breakfast is good and also had a good fish and desert for lunch. The staff is also very helpful and nice.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Fatmir,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay @ the Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, and hope that we will be reconnecting soon!

Athens, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Room was comfortable and quiet with a good bed, the food was excellent, and the staff were always very friendly and helpful. However, the hotel has a very dated look to it and needs a facelift. The stay was enjoyable and I have no complaints, but this is not a five star hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the inside away from the street if you want a window that opens. Either inside or...
Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sheraton Zagreb patron,

I appreciate the time you took to share your impressions; thank you for caring. It's great to hear we made the connection, and that we succeeded in making your stay a pleasant experience. I'm very proud of my staff, and I thank you for communicating through your satisfaction with the level of professionalism and service we provided you with. As far as product goes, I would like to draw your attention to the fact that we are rolling out a consequential refurbishment of public areas, F&B outlets and guest-rooms. I hope we'll have the opportunity to reconnect soon - do come back!

Mario

Been to Sheraton Zagreb Hotel? Share your experiences!