“Typical Sheraton Hotel in a good way” 4 of 5 stars

Sheraton Zagreb Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Kneza Borne, Donji Grad, Zagreb 10000, Croatia   |
Ranked #24 of 55 Hotels in Zagreb
New York City, New York
“Typical Sheraton Hotel in a good way”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

My wife and I are staying here at the beginning of a Croatia Smart our group tour. We came a day early and they gave us a room a few hours before the 1pm check in time. The lobby is old style but beautiful. The rooms are an average size and comfortable. The bathrooms are nice; however the shower has the half glass that results in water getting on the bathroom floor. We had a buffet dinner that was part of our tour and the food was delicious, with a good selection of salads, main courses (chicken, fish, pork, pasta) and deserts. There is an indoor pool, gym and a spa that we didn't visit. The location is a little far from the tourist part of the city - about a 15 minute walk but manageable. Its about a 7 minute walk to the train station and and underground mall that is convenient for shopping. The area around the train station is not seedy like some other European cities. There is a nice park across the street and they were selling flowers and strawberry. The only issue with the hotel is the hallway carpeting that sadly needs replacing, its non-matching patches fit more for a 2 star hotel than a Sheraton. Agree with a previous reviewer that this is a mediocre 4 star hotel but a solid hotel.

Room Tip: We got a room facing the empty center of the hotel - the room is nice and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear Tourhound.

I appreciate your frank and detailed review. It is impressium content like this that helps us improve; thank you for taking the time. The reassuring take away is that we @ the Sheraton Zagreb made a connection with you, and as such, contributed to an enjoyable experience in our great city. In respect to the physical state of the hotel - point taken. Please be informed, however, that we are in the midst of a serious refurbishment roll-out of public areas, F&B outlets and guest-roooms. I can assure you that our esthetic transformation will WoW you. We look forward to reconnecting with you soon - do come back!

Mario

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

my friend and I decided to treat ourselves for our last morning in Zagreb and wanted a breakfast in a convenient location with some atmosphere.
We discovered Cafe Imperial which is a part of the Sheraton Hotel and thought we might not afford to eat here but the lovely interior convinced us to go in anyway.
what a cute place! the wood and green colour scheme, cute lights, makes you feel like you're having a posh picnic in the countryside while right in the centre!
our waitress was super nice and helpful, worlds apart from the grumpy ones we encountered in the restaurants in the city centre. i would return just for the service and atmosphere but then there was the food!
i ordered farmers omelette and my friend had toasted cheese sandwich (the waitress suggested it when my friend had an idea of ingredients but not the actual product), we both ordered latte. all was mouthwateringly delicious!
the price? less than breakfast in a normal cafe in london. amazing! will definitely return there

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Miri,

What a tremendous source of encouragement is to read a review that speaks to a great connection we made with you in our Imperial Cafe. That is precisely what our business is all about. The atmosphere in the cafe is great, indeed. Our F&B offer is sumptuous, as well as a good buy, but it is the interaction with staff that made the experience exceptional. Thank you for sharing your impression. I will be sure to trace which one of my team was serving you, and I will share this success story with them. They will be delighted, no doubt.

Let's reconnect - come back soon.
Frankfurt, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This is a mediocre 4 star hotel at best. I booked it online and still had to fill out the form at the reception. Many 3-star hotels nowadays have faster and more efficient check in procedure. At the check out, one needs to pay 7 kunas tourist tax, which is about 1 EUR. Why is this not included in the price of room, is beyond me.
Rooms are in desperate need of redecoration. Air conditioning did not function very well or at all and the windows could not be opened. I woke up in sweat.
I am not a fussy guy but I expect a bit more from a 5 star hotel. I will definitely not stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Left_at_Albuquerque,

I appreciate your time and candid comments. I regret that we missed out on an opportunity to connect with you. There is no need for me to go into a loop of justifying why we did not deliver at the level of expediency and efficiency you expected; my sincerest apologies for that. I will be sure to make every attempt to trace your stay, so as to get a grip on possible cause with respect to both the check-in/check-out processes and A/C issues you addressed. I take my guest feedback very seriously, as I find it to be the best possible learning curve tool for me and my team. We are just about to launch a major refurb of guest-rooms, public areas, reastaurants, bar etc., so I sincerely hope you will grant us a new opportunity to reconnect. Do come back. I assure you we can do much better.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

It was a nice hotel. Lobby is very beautiful. Piano Bar is also very nice. Food was good at all restaurants. It was 15 min walk to Centre of town where all the sites to see are. Railway station and underground market is also worth seeing and the park in front of it. Initially I was disappointed with location as all the buildings around the hotel were painted with graffiti. That made the appearance bit creepy but I got used to it and pedestrian traffic made it look better. Hotel seems very old. Carpet in the hallway is all worn out at least on 3rd floor. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Hi KA1961,

Thank you taking the time to share your sentiments. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our great town and that our associates made the Sheraton connection - that is exactly what it is all about. Your second take perspective of our location is on the mark. The location is great; the key is getting a contextual grasp of the city centre. Do take note of the fact that we are in the final phase of prepping prior to a major refurbisment we will be doing of public areas, food and beverage outlets, meeting salons and guest-rooms. Let us reconnect soon!

Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Spent 4 nights at the Sheraton Zagreb in April. Staff were courteous and, for the most part capable. A bit of frustration when trying to use the printers for the computers in that the guy trying to assist me clearly had no idea how to print stuff out but hardly the end of the world.

Great location with easy access to the very efficient tram system. Didnt eat in the hotel so no opinion on the food. I had a cocktail in the bar which was less than excellent though, very watery Margherita.

Stay was over the weekend and the hotel was pretty much deserted presumably as its main function is as a business hotel. That meant it lacked atmosphere but was very quiet.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
MarioSusak, General Manager at Sheraton Zagreb Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear MDP687,

Many thanks for setting time aside to post your review. I apologize for the strange encounter you experienced when you requested support with printing in our Link@Sheraton - the encounter you described is unacceptable. I am looking into your Margherita comment as well. No excuses, but I can assure you that we have very skilled cocktail maestros amongst my bar staff. Your impressions are very to the point and detailed, and as such are great learning take-aways. Your general impression is positive, and that is precisely what is most encouraging. One thing is for sure - we will do better the next time you present us the opportunity to reconnect with you. Thank you for staying with us!

Modiin, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Very pleasant and service orientated staff, every request is answered with a smile and effectiveness at the reception and all other facilities..
Great breakfast selection and quality of food.

An excellent hotel close to the city center, Rooms were very clean and comfortable and serviced daily. Extremely good value !
*************Parking for hotel guests should be included in the room rate...****************************
**********************************otherwise its 17 Euros per day !******************************************

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hi Oferravona,

I appreciate the fact you took the time to post your impressions. How encouraging it is to hear we did your right! Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to reconnecting with you soon.

Zagreb, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

An excellent hotel close to city centre, advisable as well as business meeting point (well known in the city). As by my understanding typical Sheraton hotel. Rooms clean, comfortable and nicely serviced. Very effective and kind, friendly reception desk services.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Joze,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know that we are doing precisely what we should be. It is a great reassurance to know that we are justifying the loyalty you have entrusted us with.

Mario

Been to Sheraton Zagreb Hotel? Share your experiences!