“Outstanding tour - not to be missed” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 41 activities in Zagreb
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Hi! We're looking forward to host you! We'll introduce you to our city in the most exciting way and make you wish to come back for more. You will get all the main information, but also hear a lot of stories, tips and tricks that will turn your stay in Zagreb into a cool and unforgettable adventure and you into a true insider. Book your place on time! Unique experience, see more, get extra! Blue Bike tours are: Ancient tour - All the major sights of Zagreb, i.e. Down Town & Upper Town. New Zagreb tour - Amazing insight into true life in socialism. Early bird tour - Feel the city waking up! Only in July & August, for 4+ groups. Gimme 5 tour - Combine visit to a musem & gallery with lunch & shopping - all by bike on 1/2 day tour! Solar System tour - Zagreb has its own Grounded Sun and entire Solar System built around it - could you believe it?Blue Ride tour - Upsidedown forest ride through green downtown Zagreb areas, on MTBs. Blue hike tour - If for any reason you don’t cycle, we organize walking tours as well! For more details please visit our web page.**New since 2011** U can "just" RENT A BIKE!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Hong Kong
19 attraction reviews
“Outstanding tour - not to be missed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This was second time I've been to Zagreb but first time taking this tour. I've taken many city tours but I would put this one at the top of my list. The reasons are simple. Zagreb is a nice city to visit but doesn't have the grander of Paris or London. Therefore it is more important to have a great tour guide. Alida was our guide and I appreciated the history/background of the sites we saw but more importantly she was very candid about her personal experiences/views on everyday life in Zagreb. She has a wonderful sense of humor and definitely opinionated about everything - no sugar coating here! She was extremely patient about all the questions we asked even though the tour ran longer than expected. I highly recommend this tour.

Visited March 2013
elizabet18, Owner at Blue Bike Zagreb Cycling Tours, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you a lot! I love answering questions, no matter how long it takes - as long as guests can take it! It was a pleasure for me! A

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Absolutely unforgettable!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Last week we did the Blue Bike Ancient City Tour. Alida and Bruno patiently answered my many queries via e-mail when reserving the tour and also about hiring mountain bikes for the rest of the day, as we planned to cycle up to the Sljeme summit after we finished the tour.

Alida's tour was really fantastic! She provided just enough history, but not too much... and what she did tell was in her own, very entertaining way. She also talked a lot about everyday life for people in Zagreb. We learned so many interesting things, like why so many buildings are painted yellow, and the controversies surrounding many of the statues around town, and attitudes as Croatia prepares to enter the European Union.

Alida and Bruno gently warned us about the time it might take and the cold temperatures on top the mountain, but we were a bit hard-headed and decided to go anyway. They kept checking in with us via text to make sure we were okay and - long story short - they really saved our lives in the end, as we were caught out in the cold. We will never, ever forget all they did for us.

Visited February 2013
elizabet18, Owner at Blue Bike Zagreb Cycling Tours, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Hi girls! I see your journey is over, safe & sound! I have to say you are my unreachable idols :) Thank you! If you ever come here again, we’ll think of something new for you! A
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent Tour- even in the rain!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Blue Bike Tours was very impressive. I went with my friend (we're 20/21) and we wanted to get to know the city better on our first day in Zagreb before we would spend the next 3 days there. It was raining and snowing a lot during our tour, but our guide, Alida, always had a bright smile on her face and was very enthusiastic. She had a lot of interesting information to divulge about the city and gave us great recommendations for restaurants. At the end of the tour we were given little hearts, symbols of Croatia, which made us feel very welcomed in the city on our first day.

Visited January 2013
elizabet18, Owner at Blue Bike Zagreb Cycling Tours, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Hi, it's nice to see that the rain - snow combination didn't ruin your impression of Zagreb, I did my best in that direction, but believe hot chocolate helped a lot ;)
Heidelberg, Germany
5 attraction reviews
“Great way to see Zagreb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

The bike Tour was the best way for us to see the city. My wife and I decided on short notice to take a day trip to Zagreb with our two daughters. We only had one day and were not sure what to do when we got there. My wife found them on line. We sent them and e-mail, but were not expecting a response, because it was less than 12 hours until when we wanted to take the tour - like stated earlier, this was short notice. We were pleasantly surprised, one, to get a response so quickly, and two, a tour.
The meeting place is not hard to find. Most GPS should be able to locate the address, if not, try to locate the Mimara Museum in the favorites. The meeting point is in front of the Museum. There is very limited parking in the area, and I would not recommend you try to park on the street near the meeting point, better to park in one of the underground parking garages. We parked at the GARAŽA CENTAR CVJETNI. It is a short walk to the meeting point.
They were waiting for us, as promised. The people are very friendly, nice and are more than happy to share their city with you. Our guide took us to several points of interest in Zagreb. Her English was perfect. No problem understanding and she let us ask as many questions as we wanted before moving on. She was great. . The bikes are comfortable and well suited for the tour. Even after the tour was over, they were very helpful with recommending places to spend more time, places to eat, and even got us a small city map we could use to walk around Zagreb. We had a great time. Would recommend to anyone

Visited November 2012
Thank you for such an informative review, I believe many will appreciate it a lot ;) we do, definitely, A
Melbourne, Australia
8 attraction reviews
“Fantastic tour of zagreb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We had a fantastic tour! An easy paced ride that gave us a chance to see many different areas of zagreb. Highly recommend doing this tour when you first arrive in zagreb!!

Visited November 2012