“Value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Hamburg, Germany
“Value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Very nice place, very good food, great value for money
only thing they need to do is to invest some money in new glasses, plates and that stuff

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
“Nice, tasteful and good service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Cant miss with this one.Very often i find myself going there and enjoing my meal.Whether with my family or business meeting we always leave smiling.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“One of the best restaurants I've been to!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Ok, the downsides first. They don't have an English menu (only Croatian and German), the waiters don't speak English either and they charge for everything, including the seating and the bread; the desserts are rather disappointing and it's not the cheapest place by the Croatians standards.

The upside - the food is simply amazing. I don't think I've ever been to a better value place. Combined we tried 4 soups, lamb, 3 types of fish, pork, beef, breads - all of them were 10+. The meal for 5 costed 1000-1300kn, which is not very cheap, but included soups, mains (including the expensive fresh fish), side dishes and desserts.

Highly recommended; take into account that the place is very popular and might be packed during the peak times.

• Visited March 2013
Zagreb, Croatia
“Good restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Telen dvor is one of the best restaurant in Zagreb. If you prefer grill, meat (special lamb) that is for you. Everytime when I visited this restaurant food is perfect, atmosphere is good too.

• Visited December 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“Charming Croatian Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My boyfriend and I went here our first night in Zagreb because the apartment we were renting was close by and the landlord recommended it. Fortunately I looked at the menu online because when we arrived we were informed that the only menu for us was a German one (or Croatian). We were able to translate enough of the menu and I ordered the grilled tuna steak with vegetables and the house white wine and my boyfriend ordered the pasta with turkey and truffle sauce and the house red wine. Both of our wines were delicious and extremely affordable. The bread that they brought was some of the best bread I have ever had in a restaurant. Our dinners were great as well. His was extremely rich and large and he took it home and was able to eat it the next day for dinner as well (with a little vegetables added). My tuna was delicious and the sauce it came with (i got it on the side because I am always weary of sauce) was so great I even dipped the bread in it. The vegetables I received was a spinach, mushroom cream medley. It turns out that the vegetables cost extra, which I wish I would have known because the tuna and bread was so filling I barely ate the vegetables. They were good regardless. For dessert my boyfriend ordered the cheesecake and it was delicious! Definitely very out of the way if you are staying in Zagreb but if you have a chance to make it here and have a car, its a great experience. A traditional band also started to play during our dinner and the music was lovely!

• Visited September 2012