“Good allrounder near airport” 5 of 5 stars

Metropolitan Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   64 Tsarigradsko shose Blvd, Sofia 1784, Bulgaria   |
Ranked #10 of 124 Hotels in Sofia
Hertford
“Good allrounder near airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Great 4* hotel near the airport. Excellent clean rooms with fridge. Air conditioned but you can open the windows if you like.
Helpful staff at reception.
Good location for airport and a very large modern shopping mall across the road.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
MetropolitanHotelSof, Director of Sales at Metropolitan Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Falco V.,

I would like to thank you for your honest and motivating review.
Our Reception staff was really happy and touched when they read your comment.

On behalf of the hotel team, I wish you a successful week!

Looking forward to your next visit!

Best regards,
E:sales@metropolitanhotelsofia.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Greek first
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stayed at this hotel once but my boyfriend is a regular visitor. I have to say this is one of the nicest hotels I've stayed at (for its price range). The stuff are very polite, speak very good English and are very attentive. The cleaners are great, the breakfast is tasty, the room service is fast and reliable. It's a very clean and well kept hotel. The is a mini bus service and free wifi. It is close to the airport and even though it's not close to the city centre getting there is not an issue at all. Taxis and buses are very cheap. There is a shopping centre nearby. The only disadvantage I would say is the location as it seems a bit rough but then again I would not describe Sofia as a great city overall and such locations are a very common. Overall I was very satisfied from my stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Madam,

Allow me to express my gratitude for your positive comments. You have praised almost every department in our hotel and I am eager to share this with all the employees of Metropolitan Hotel Sofia.

I hope that you will be our guest again and we will have the pleasure to energize your day with our devotion!

Warmest regards,
E: Sales@@metropolitanhotelsofia.com
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

My flight was diverted from Skopje to Sofia last minute. I booked at the Metropolitan because it seemed very close to the airport and high quality. Happy to confirm both things - also, very kind and professional staff, lovely and spacious rooms. I wish I had more time to check out all the hotel's services (like the spa) - it all seemed nice but I just did not have time because I stayed only for a night and left very early in the morning. I could not availe of breakfast (but got offered the option of a take-away box at the same price, which was very nice) and I was very happy with the free transport to the airport via private mini-van - it was punctual, comfortable and fast. A nice touch: I checked out at 4 a.m. and I found complemetary coffee and little biscuits at the reception. I recommend the Metropolitan especially if you want to be in the vicinity of the airport but also if you are planning to enjoy Sofia - on the way to the hotel I noticed that it is not too far from the city center either.

Room Tip: You can get rooms for smokers.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
MetropolitanHotelSof, Director of Sales at Metropolitan Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Ms. Carla,

Please, accept my sincere gratitude for your honest review. It will give our team a wonderful start of the day! That is why we work hard every day - to earn our guests' appreciation and satisfaction.

If you have a chance to visit Sofia again, we will be honored to welcome you at Metropolitan.

Have a successful day and once again - thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!

Kindest regards,
Burgas, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Last week, I stayed there for one night.
The hotel is just perfect! Especially for business travelers - I used the free airport shuttle, free Wi-Fi, complimentary mini bar!, abundant breakfast, spacious room with large bed and bathtub and free fitness and sauna. The staff is always smiling and very helpful. The lobby bar is cozy, with a big TV and piano.

Highly recommended! Deserves 5 stars!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Fantastic airport transfer service, that runs 24 hours and is free if staying at this hotel (to and from the airport). Excellent staff. Not very central, but cabs are cheap in Sofia. Spacious rooms, with plenty of workspace if you are on business. Very clean and modern, with comfortable beds and good linens. Good shower and bath in rooms. Well stocked minibar, and several selections are free. No iron. Good room temeperature control. Bar prices hefty.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
MetropolitanHotelSof, Director of Sales at Metropolitan Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Mr. Bilgy,

Thank you for sharing this sincere review with us. Nothing is worth more than a compliment from a precious client. I will share your thoughts with the hotel team and we will continue working hard to be even better in the future.

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon!

Happy holidays from the MET team!

Kindest regards,
Copenhagen
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

To be honest, I was a bit surprised about the rating of this hotel. Well its a fairly good hotel, but nothing special. Rooms are good in size, nicely decorated, and everything was nice and clean. BUT its placed 6km from center, and the only view is gasstations and big roads with a lot of traffic. Read in another review that there is a mall closeby. Maybe, but doesnt change the fact that the location is bad. Breakfast was standard, and despite the fact that I ate breakfast 2 min. after opening, a lot of the hot dishes were luke warm. That is simply not good enough. If you just need a hotel to get some sleep before getting to the airport its fine, but otherwise, pick a hotel closer to center

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
MetropolitanHotelSof, Director of Sales at Metropolitan Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear valued guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your observations about Metropolitan Hotel Sofia via TripAdvisor.

I was glad to know that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

Indeed, the hotel is not located in the city center. However, the district around it is one of the fastest developing areas in the city with numerous business buildings, shopping centers, cinemas, entertainment activities and markets; very close to the Business Park and the International Expo Center. It offers many convenient connections to the center - public transport and subway with stations located on 1-5 min walking distance. Taxi fares are also very affordable - app. 3-4 EUR to the city center.
Moreover, we offer shuttle bus to the center, to the mall and to the airport.

Regarding the view, during your next visit you may require a room overlooking Vitosha mountain - we will be happy to accommodate you on the other side of the hotel.

Our buffet breakfast is prepared daily at 5:30 am and all the meals are freshly cooked. We pay a lot of attention to our breakfast, as it gives our guests their start of the day. All the products are carefully selected, so that they are fresh, healthy and delicious. We strive at providing diversity of choice and quality food and service. If there was some dish that was not hot during your visit, I guarantee that this is not at all typical and it will not happen again.

We all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back under our roof again!

Yours sincerely,
Martina Sarafova
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Hi all,
Recently I have visited Sofia, Bulgaria. Of course, a was judgmental, about what kind of a hotel could I find in Sofia and within a reasonable price. Boom, I found it, Metropolitan hotel. As name itself it is enough! It is one of the best hotel Inhave ever been. I am 191 cm tall, and usually hotel rooms and beds are too small for me, not a case in Metropolitan. Bed was king size, under basic price! And staff was so kind! Everyone was talking english fluently, not like in some hotels!
Breakfast they were serving was complete, fresh salad and fruits included! High five!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear valued guest,

The whole hotel team is extremely delighted to receive your kind comments about Metropolitan – from the guestroom features, the staff to the buffet breakfast.

Thank you for taking time to share them via TripAdvisor - they inspire us and give us motivation to continue our efforts toward achieving the highest service quality! We will be more than happy to welcome you back under our roof, on your next trip to Sofia!

Yours sincerely,
Martina Sarafova

Been to Metropolitan Hotel? Share your experiences!