“Excellent location, comfortable hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Niky
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16, Neofit Rilski str., Sofia, Bulgaria   |
Ranked #29 of 124 Hotels in Sofia
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent location, comfortable hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Location: it's located within a very short walking distance from the bul. Vitosha part of which is a pedestrian street filled with stores and restaurants. The metro is also close by. If you're in the walking mood you can easily walk to the main attractions from the hotel since Sofia is very small.The hotel is in a quiet street right in the middle of the two big avenues so there's not much noise.
Hotel: the hotel is clean. Smallish rooms but not uncomfortable. The bathroom is ok but just a bit uncomfortable because the shower is open and the water gets everywhere. Toiletries, a safe, mini bar, and hair dryer are offered in the room.
The reception staff is very helpful with travelling suggestions. Also, the breakfast served is good.
It was a good choice, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Woking, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

My stay at hotel niky was much enjoyable. I first moved there alone but after a day my family joined me for further 2 days. I was a bit lazy in making bookings and in spite of booking a room online I kept delaying it till I reached the place. I was lucky enough to have a courteous staff there that not only welcomed me but also made every effort to get me a room of my own choice. After settling myself I started getting worried for my family who had to reach after 20 hours. I called the manager from room and he arranged a perfect room for my family despite full bookings. The complementary stuff starting from breakfast to newspapers to some limited laundry services literally did not let me spend some extra bucks. Honestly, I did not spend much on food items since lunch and dinner was also inexpensive. We as a family recommend you to stay there!

Ravenna, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We went to Sofia for 4 days... We have choosen this Hotel because was in the center (very close to the main street). The room was quiet also because the room has a double door so you don't hear anything from outside the door. Big enought and confortable. A bit hard the mattress. The room and toilet was clean and the room cleaning service was nice.
The breakfast was ok... most of all salad thing (that personally I prefer). We have tried the restourant also because we had a discount code of 10%. The food was good (just a bit too much Oliy). The proce was aboslutelly good (we paied about 28 euro for a dinner for 2). The funny thing is that they give you a paper where you can express you vote for the food, service and so on.... but.... waiters...precompile it for you with all goods ;-) So is an Unusefull thing. 8 for the place, 7 1/12 for the food, 6 for waiters. People at reception is kind and explain you everything you need to go around sofia. We suggestyou to ask at receptionist if you think to book a taxi. So you are sure you book a not scame company.

Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

The hotel has a nice welcoming lobby and reception. They speak English and one of the reception staff was extremely nice and helpful, having lived and trained in the US. My room was large (they had made a mistake and put me in a larger room than I reserved, but didn't charge the difference), but had an unfortunate bad sewer smell coming from the bathroom that the receptionist said was common in several rooms and there was nothing they could do about it, just suggested I put the bath mat over the drain, which I did, along with keeping the fan on and door shut and it made the room more bearable. The room was modern, well outfitted and clean, but the pillows were either hard or lumpy and not comfortable. The computer in the lobby wasn't working the whole three days we were there and they were waiting for a technician to repair it, but there is free wifi everywhere. There is a lift and the hotel is quiet and comfortable. It was a good value in a good location and with a really good inexpensive restaurant that was the highlight.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel over weekend of 18/19/20 October with 5 friends. We checked in on Friday afternoon and the receptionist was very friendly and made us very welcome on our first trip to Bulgaria. First impressions were very good.
The hotel and room was very clean and tidy. The only downside to the room was the intermittent cold and hot water supply in the shower - one second it was too hot, the next second it was too cold.
The hotel is very central and is very close to the major transport links. More importantly, it is also close to the great JJ Murphy's Irish bar. It is also very close to the main shopping area. The breakfast had a very basic choice of cereals, cold meats and hot food but it was sufficient to set you up for the day.
This hotel was perfect for our weekend break and ideally located. It was also great value for money and I would have no hesitation in staying there again.

• Stayed October 2013
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed at the hotel on two separate occasions during a tour around Bulgaria. This is well positioned, a mere five minute walk from main shops but situated in a quiet leafy street. Reception was very friendly and even when arriving earlier in the morning (11am) I only had to wait 15 minutes for my room to be ready. Both rooms were clean and very large, with comfortable beds and excellent shower. A nice touch was tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms. The courtyard restaurant at the back of the hotel was an excellent feature, serving excellent food and drinks. It did seem to cater for larger parties however; as a single traveller the available smaller tables were only in the centre of the complex where service was less frequent. Breakfast was very good, with good range of hot and cold foods. Overall I would certainly recommend this to other travellers as a good hotel to start a trip in Bulgaria.

Room Tip: Room with balcony was on the fifth floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Apart from a slight hiccup on our arrival (we had to wait 40 mins before checking in due to a mix up with bookings), our stay at the hotel Niky was excellent. Very central - it's a 2 minute walk to the main pedestrianised area, clean, and lovely area for drinks and dining out the back gardens of the hotel.

The apartment was massive, very spacious with all the required facilites. Staff very polite and helful.

Overall, an excellent stay

Room Tip: Apartments are fantastic value for money!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Niky? Share your experiences!