“This was certainly a highlight from my trip to SSofia.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European, Irish
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
victoria
“This was certainly a highlight from my trip to SSofia.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I stumbled on this place one afternoon, I'm glad I did.

The people were so kind there I actually felt guilty for being on the receiving end. The owner, staff, cook was all the best kind of people, same with the guests. The owner has a good dry wit about him, great having a chat when I could, even if I did get too drunk there. I don't know who those Vietnam vets were but I certainly enjoyed the chat with them. Not so much that American stock broker, he was kind of annoying! All because I'm studying philosophy doesn't make me an expert on anything! Anyway...

I was introduced to, so I've been told, the best whiskey in existence. I'm just a stupid Canadian and everything whiskey tastes like burning to me anyway, but I guess it was the best burning I can get! After a month in Sofia it was damned good to taste a burger once again. The steak too was about the best I could hope for that side of Greenwich, England.

I recommended this place to anyone who enjoys good food, service, music and environment.

• Visited October 2013

Sofia, Bulgaria
“"Good was better than good.. it was great!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Right now I'm based in Sofia, because my current job.
I have very specific taste in food and wine, and unfortunately nobody was able to help me with.
Cooking is out of the picture, because I'm working till late.
During another cold walk in search for good dinner, my colleagues and I came across a nice and inviting restaurant with candles on the windows.
Decided to try, and I can assure you - it's worth.
Sophisticated elegant food. Everything was delicious. The wines were interesting and thoughtfully selected. The prices are very reasonable. The service is more than excellent. Overall, a great experience. Highly recommended. Don't forget to try the cheese cake and amazing stakes!!!

• Visited November 2013
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Amazing place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I held a Christmas party here a few days ago having had many great meals here as well as lots of fun evenings at the bar. The kitchen is always on top form with fantastic food and the atmosphere is always high quality. Love it!

• Visited December 2013
Rhode Island
“good experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Guineas on tap. Menu is not large but more than enough. Caesar salad and a burger were both very good. Pleasant atmosphere an helpful staff.

Visited December 2013
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Best Meal we had over the 3 nights in Sofia”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Turned up without a reservation on our 1st night in Sofia (a Friday night). Place is part restaurant and part bar, with a nice atmosphere about it.
Service was excellent, waiter was very attentive but not intrusive.
Nice that the chef came and had a brief chat with us too.
Food was excellent, we had starters and main courses which included various pasta dishes and a lasagne, plus BBQ wings and Guinness bread with 'dip'.
There was 'no room' for sweets as we were 'all full up'!
Prices were excellent for the food and the bottle of wine plus beers that we had.
Overall, a Great experience on the night.
On a separate note, we popped in on our 2nd night for a drink on our way back to our hotel, and had a poor experience that I feel should be shared as it could be YOU next time!!
Basically, they had live music on although there was no signage to that effect.
As we were about to leave, our bill included a 5 Levs each 'charge for the entertainment'!
We had only been there about half an hour and the group had only just started (sang about 3 songs) before we finished our drinks and headed back to our hotel.
I appreciate that 5 levs might be a small fee (around £2 each), but the fact that there was nothing at all display wise to this effect, totally surprised us.
I subsequently challenged this and after discussing with 'man in charge/possible owner', he waived the charge.
Have to say this tarnished our view of this place and stopped us returning on our 3rd and last night in Sofia.

Visited December 2013