“Modern, comfortable hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 124 Hotels in Sofia
Leverkusen, Germany
“Modern, comfortable hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I recently spent 3 nights at the Sofia Novotel. The hotel is quite new and very modern. The location was close enough to the airport (I used the hotel pick up service from the hotel which was excellent) and situated on a main road leading down into the city centre. I was very impressed with the friendliness and efficiency of all the staff at reception.
I liked my room on one of the upper floors with a side view down into the city. The large double bed was particularly comfortable, ensuring a really good nights sleep. The modern bathroom had an unusual feature - a special hi tech system to cloud the glass in the shower that faced the bedroom area. I was surprised at the poor quality of the bath towels (small and thin) and the very modest bathroom accessories. Minimal coffee and tea facilities were available in the room - I really do recommend that the hotel provides proper cups not thin plastic ones. Drinking hot drinks from them was awful and I performed various Uri Geller spoon bending tricks with the plastic spoons in the hot coffee. There was a modern flat screen TV of HD quality - the only annoying thing was the menu controls and the repeated return to the hotel page. Free WiFi meant that I was able to keep in contact with friends, family and my work.
The breakfast was ok but I did not like the cramped conditions in the breakfast area. I personally hate to be crowded in at the start of each day at breakfast.
But all in all, a pleasant experience and I would be happy to return on my next trip to this city.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Vincent D, General Manager at Novotel Sofia, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for the review you made on your stay with us!
Thank you for the nice comments regarding our team and our amenities.
I would like also to thank you for your remarks regarding the towels and coffee cups – we are highly appreciating your opinion and I can assure you that we have already taken measures to improve on these points. I really hope that by the next time you come to stay with us you would see those improvements.

Once again thank you and looking forward to welcome you again with us!

Vincent Dujardin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Lausanne, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Really close to the city center (around 10-15 min, depending on traffic jam), where you can go by bus (1 bulgarian lev for a ticket), and at 10 min from the airport, the Novotel Sofia hotel is a really nice place to stay.
A modern hotel, with irreproachable rooms, a WiFi access everywhere, and a quite enjoyable breakfast. The food at the restaurant was also nice, but if you want to experiment bulgarian food, there are really nice places in town to visit.
The hotel staff was welcoming and really nice; especially at the bar, where we had really good advice on the drinks, with a special mention for the bartender who masters the mojitos.
A little point : the bulgarian wines were not that present on the wine lists, which might be a pity when we consider the culture of the country regarding this field.

To conclude: it is a really nice place to recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Vincent D, General Manager at Novotel Sofia, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Madame,

Thank you for your review on your stay with us!

I am really happy that you enjoyed your time not just in the hotel but also in the beautiful city of Sofia!

We would take into account your comment regarding the wine list and add even more choices.

Thank you once again for the appraisal of our team. I will personally share it with the colleagues!

Looking forward to welcome you again with us!

Shropshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Booked into this hotel for 5 days while attending a conference. Pleasantly surprised by the very high standard of accommodation matched by the professional and helpful staff.
The hotel is modern with all amenities you expect including WiFi and conferencing facilities. Spotlessly clean with first class service from staff. The beds are brilliant, so comfortable. Although there is a wealth of food options available at the nearby Mall, do try the hotel's own restaurant - the food is superb.
Would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling in Bulgaria.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Vincent D, General Manager at Novotel Sofia, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Shropshirekeys1,

I would like to thank you on behalf of the whole team for your comments regarding your stay with us!

I am glad that you were pleased with us and that you had the chance to experience all our services!

Looking forward to welcome you again with us!

Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

In the past several years, I had the chance to visit a number of hotels in Moscow, Istanbul, Copenhagen, London, Frankfurt, Berlin, Brussels as well as my hometown Sofia. Still, this is the first time I felt I must write about a hotel experience. I visited Novotel Sofia with my wife for one single night, though this was enough to get speechless. The hotel is very modern and stylish. The staff was more than kind with us, especially those at the reception and at the restaurant. We got this hotel room that has a terrace surrounded by grass and with a fantastic view. The bartender (Apostol, I think was his name) made us wonderful pre-diner cocktails, before giving us a valuable advice on the wine options as we had excellent veal entrecotes that same evening. The food was very delicious.

To conclude, Novotel Sofia is a must for everyone who plans to visit Sofia no matter whether it is for business or leisure purposes.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Vincent D, General Manager at Novotel Sofia, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Filip,

Thank you for the wonderful review regarding your stay with us!

We take a great pride in our team and comments like yours are highly appreciated!

We would be more than happy to welcome your family again with us!

Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

As being a hotelier, I have to say that it is one of the best Novotel I have ever stayed. I am very much satisfied with the quality of the rooms and the personnel as a whole. The service was perfect, especially the solutions to special requests were taken very seriously and accomplished in time.

Room Tip: All are nice, especially the executive rooms are perfect
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Vincent D, General Manager at Novotel Sofia, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Mr. Bilginer,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding Novotel Sofia!

We are pleased that we managed to meet your expectations and of your high opinion about our quality of service!

Thank you once again and looking forward to welcome you again with us!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Bravo Novotel! Super friendly and helpful staffs. This is one of the best kept hotel property that I have ever stayed in. Everything is kept clean and pristine. Updated decor through out the entire property. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013
Vincent D, General Manager at Novotel Sofia, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for the wonderful review! You really made the day of our team members with your positive comments, which I shared with all colleagues!

We will be looking forward to welcome you again with us!

Kind regards,

Targu Mures
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Travelling to Greece we made a reservation to this hotel using booking.com. We had some problems in finding the location but once we arrived there everything was perfect. The check in was really fast and the rooms were very nice and modern. Breakfast was not included and we payed for it in the morning - little bit too expensive if you compare it with the room price.
But overall excellent place to stay in Sofia!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Vincent D, General Manager at Novotel Sofia, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Gheorghe,

Many thanks for your wonderful comments regarding Novotel Sofia!
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we will be looking forward to welcome you again on your next visit to Sofia!

Vincent Dujardin

Been to Novotel Sofia? Share your experiences!