“Good hotel, recommended” 4 of 5 stars

Banska Stiavnica, Slovakia
“Good hotel, recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Really good hotel for given price ( 50 € single room),
Pros:
Clean hotel, good location in walking distance from the city centre, nice well equiped room, really perfect bathroom, rich breakfast, friendly staff (they solved my mistaken booking smoothly and with smile).
Cons:
Slow even unusable wifi (5th floor), noiser street (not terrible, but preventing of opening of window), not tasty warm buffet at breakfast, terrible taxi called by receptionist.

Room Tip: Avoid street room. Clarify wifi usability when booking (if you need it).
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Gergana_Pavlova, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Guest,
I appreciate that you decided to share your experience with all of the TripAdvisor readers. Thank you for your very good assessment for Best Western Plus Bristol Hotel. I’m very happy that our friendly and efficient staff has succeeded to meet your expectations. For me it’s a real pleasure to read your positive impressions about the excellent facilities, perfect property location cleanness in our hotel and rich breakfast as well. Please, receive my apologies concerning to slow internet, noisy room and buffet on breakfast and give us a chance to change your mind about the hotel on your next visit in Sofia. Do not hesitate to contact me on Tel: +359894591906 or mail: fom@bristolhotel.bg and I will give you the best price and accommodation!
I surely know that we can have you recommendation!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

It is a good hotel with friendly staff that specks decent English. The rooms are clean. The location is good in the center of the city. They have parking nearby, and you have to book it at the reception. I recommend it.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your time taking for sharing your experience at TripAdvisor. For me it was pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay at Best Western Plus Bristol Hotel. I hope to see you again on your next visit to Sofia.
Ostend, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

The hotel is not the newest. The rooms are quite spacious with old fashioned decoration. nevertheless, the bathroom was renewed and meets modern standards. There is also a flat screen TV in the room.
The staff is very friendly and speaks very well English.
The breakfast is also OK.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your opinion for Best Western Plus Bristol Hotel with TripAdvisor readers. I am sorry that you left with the impressions that the hotel is not the newest one but the hotel open its doors in June 2012, so I can honestly say that we are one of the newest hotels in Sofia. Anyway it was pleasure for me to know that you enjoyed the breakfast and of course thank you for your words about the hotel staff. For your next visit to Sofia, I will be glad to stay with us again and I will do my best to change your mind about the hotel. Please, do not hesitate to contact me by phone: +359894591906, or by mail: fom@bristolhotel.bg
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

We went to Sofia in sept with a group of friends for the weekend.Reception staff were excellent though out our stay.On arrival they gave us a glass of wine as a welcome drink.When we got to the rooms we found out that the were simple doubles and not triples as booked.They very quickly added a sofa bed (camp bed really) It was ok but our friends in the group were very tall so it wasnt the best of comfort!Breakfast was very good with a all the choices of hot and cold food.Very attentive staff.City center was a mere 10 min walk (Vitosha boulevard with the bars and restaurants) All in all a very good hotel and good value for money Will definetelly stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your excellent review posted at TripAdvisor. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and you liked the hotel and the location as well. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenient situation with the sofa bed for your friend but it is nice for me to hear from you that staff responded adequately. I am sorry but all of the additional beds has the same size.
Anyway I will be very happy to welcoming you again at Best Western Plus Bristol Hotel and we will do everything to make your stay the best one. Please, feel free to contact me on fom@bristolhotel.bg when you decide to come back in Sofia.
Herent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I can surely recommend this hotel if you're planning a trip to Sofia. Rooms are very clean and have enough space. Bathroom is also very ok. At the breakfast you 'll find what you need. I also visited the restaurant. They offer a wide chose of dishes and you get very good food. Also the staff is very friendy and helpfull. So no complaints from me. I will be happy to stay here again at my next trip to Sofia.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recommendation. For me it’s a real pleasure to read your positive impressions about the excellent facilities. The main aim of our management is to respond to all guests requirements and for us your high rating means you enjoyed totally our amenities and services. I’m very pleased you liked the quality of our breakfast and restaurant as well. Our team doing his best to make every stay unforgettable.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back at our hotel in the near future.
Karditsa, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

The Bristol is a decent 4 star hotel. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the location is very good and very close to the city centre. The room is modern and clean and so is the bathroom. On the downside, the room was a bit small and breakfast could be better, as there was not enough variety. Overall, a nice hotel and good value for money.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Gergana_Pavlova, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your time to share your feedback with the readers of TripAdvisor.
I am very glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at Best Western Plus Bristol Hotel.
Thank you for your positive comment for the staff of the hotel, because the job of our team is to make your stay perfect.For me it’s a real pleasure to read your nice impressions about the excellent facilities, perfect property location and cleanness in our hotel.
Hope to see you again on your next visit to Sofia!
Belvedere, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I recomend this beautiful hotel! I'v been for one night and I was completely satisfied! Service and Food is exellent. Also stuff is very helpfull. I highly reccomend this hotel in beautiful capital city of Bulgaria.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at Best Western Plus Bristol Hotel! I’m very happy that our friendly and efficient staff has succeeded to meet your expectations. The main aim of our management is to respond to all guests requirements and for us your high rating means you enjoyed totally our amenities and services.
I surely hope you will recommend Best Western Plus Bristol Hotel and I will be very glad if you decide to be our guests again on your next visit to Sofia!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Bristol Hotel? Share your experiences!