“Good 4 stars hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 124 Hotels in Sofia
Jesi, Italy
“Good 4 stars hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Good 4 stars hotel in the center of the city. Nice clean room and staff always friendly. There is also a restaurant at the ground floor that is a normal hotel restaurant. Prices are reasonable.
Recommended for business travellers.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Gergana_Pavlova, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your time to leave your opinion about our hotel. I am very happy to know that you will recommend Best Western Plus Bristol Hotel and the restaurant as well.
Surely hope to see you again on your next visit to Sofia!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bursa, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We were there for a 4 days , by walk we seen , visite every things / places , we have using day triple billet only due to curiosity location is on the center , very clean than the " grand hotel sofia " .
Breakfast very good regarding to the other bulgarian hotels . Room small , bathroom good . Workers were helpfull , nice staff . Price ? may be little high .

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,
For me it is a real pleasure to read that we satisfy your expectations about the staff, cleanness, breakfast and location as well.
I’m looking forward to welcoming you back as guests of Best Western Plus Bristol Hotel!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We were in Sofia for a major sports events. Before we arrived, I had been in contact with the hotel several times. They were efficient and friendly in answering my queries.
Upon arrival we were given lots of information about travelling around Sofia, which was useful.
Our room was very large and peaceful. The bathroom was spacious and modern.
The free wifi was reliable, and appreciated.
We ate in the restaurant once, and both enjoyed the food. The service was good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share this wonderful review. Our team here strives to make each guest experience as close to perfect as possible, because our mission is to stasisfy your expectations and to make your stay memorable. I really appreciate for taking your time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor readers about the wi-fi connection, room facilities, the restaurant food and service.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back at our hotel in the near future.
Alexandria, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

the location of the hotel is close to the center of the city,close to airport.rooms are clean ,new and gorgious.
breakfast is fair.
lobby is small but good.i recommend this hotel if your visit is for business or tourism.
if shuttle bus is working between airport and hotel it will be much better,especialy for
groups.generally price is good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with all TripAdvisor readers. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback about the room facilities and cleannes as well, breakfast and shuttle service.
Our team will be happy if you visit us on your next trip to Sofia !
Istanbul, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I travell a lot for business and as part of it I am guest in many hotels.
I work on business and I respect the business of the others..and for these reason I writte my impressions as guest for third time at Best Western Plus Bristol Hotel in Sofia/Bulgaria:WHAT I LIKED:1.#.New Hotel Builded with Good Concept..
2.#.Service and Staff Attitude.
3.#.Very Nice Educated Young People,hard worker and friendly. WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: 1.#.Poor Managment of the Hotel not experienced in hotel business.
2.#.Abusive triple high price CHARGED FOR Airport-Hotel-Airport which I asked from the hotel.(Result of point a).
3.#.Abusive comic Extra Price asked during Breakfast if you ask a simple Espresso Coffee...(Result of point a).
4.#. Miss of Feeling as Valuable Guest either I was there guest for 3-rd time.(Result of point a).

Room Tip: Corner Room can be better
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Gergana P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all let me take the opportunity to thank you for the interest showed toward BEST WESTERN PLUS Bristol Hotel and your decision to be our guest for a third time!
I really appreciate that you have clearly stated your comments and accurate observations concerning to change of our attitude, improper service and missing of management care toward you.Actually I understand and I’m very happy that our hotel atmosphere, service and staff attitude satisfy your requirements and correspond to your expectations at all.That’s why I’m grateful for bringing our attention to your bad experience this time and really sorry for your disappointment. I know that my request to you to accept all apologies of the management team will not be enough to make you feel really valuable guest at our hotel at the moment, but in any case we do not want to lose you as a regular client of BEST WESTERN PLUS Bristol Hotel and I can assure you that if you decide to stay with us in the future you will be witness to a totally different service and attitude.

I’m looking forward to welcoming you again at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bristol Hotel!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I just finished spending three nights during a flash-vacation to Bulgaria. Needless to say, the Bristol was more than adequate to cover all of my requirements. The room I had was perfect for one or two people, very clean, and in the back, so I wasn't subject to any traffic noise with the windows closed. Service at the hotel was pretty good too...they allowed me to check out at 2 PM on the day that I flew without any issues and also reserved an "OK" taxi for me to take me to the airport. I also liked the hotel's central location which allowed me to leisurely stroll to all of Sofia's main tourist sites at a whim. Nothing worthwhile is too far from this hotel. For example, the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral is only about 15-20 minutes away, depending on how fast you walk. If you want something more contemporary, the Mall of Sofia is also 15 minutes away in the opposite direction. I took in a movie one night during my trip to break up the routine and was impressed by the mall. Lastly, another item not to be discounted is the complimentary buffet breakfast that the hotel offers. While not the best I've ever had, there was plenty of food and variety in place, including some typical Bulgarian dishes that were interesting, to say the least. In conclusion, I'm not certain that I'l return any time soon to Sofia but if I ever do Iit would not be a disappointment to stay here again. Thanks for reading :-)...

Room Tip: Recommend a room at the back to mitigate the road noise coming from Hristo Botev Boulevard.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Gergana P, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback via TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to hear that you had a good time at Best Western Plus Bristol Hotel.It is really nice that you had enjoyable and pleasant stay with us. We are striving to make each guest experience as close to perfect as possible.For me it’s a real pleasure to read your positive impressions about the service, room’s atmosphere and cleanness in our hotel. Thank you for the high rating you have given to our property location.
It was a real pleasure reading this wonderful review.
I surely hope you to see you again on your next visit to Sofia!
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Best Western Plus Bristol in October 2013 having read the recommendations on Trip Advisor and found a good deal through Expedia. It proved to be a great choice of hotel for our needs.

On arrival the porter brought our bags in from the taxi and took us to reception. Check in was quick and easy and we were in our room on the fifth floor in a matter of minutes, the porter having taken us and our bags there. We had chosen a twin room and found it to be very spacious and comfortable. The beds provided a great sleep, there were easy chairs for relaxing in and all the usual comforts including sufficient storage space, safe, minibar and television (very little British television but that was not a problem for us!).

The bathroom was very modern with a wonderful design and included a fantastic shower unit. Perhaps the most satisfying aspect of the room was we found there was plenty of space to walk about in it which aids relaxation. Thus the room was, by our needs, perfect and one of the best we have ever stayed in.

All of the Reception staff, and I mean all of them, were very friendly and helpful. All understood English and were more than happy to make recommendations, book taxis and reserve tables in restaurants for us. I must make particular mention of Kiril who even said that if we needed more time when it came to checking out (12.00 pm) he would see what he could do. We didn't, as it happened, but the offer was appreciated.

The hotel is a 10-15 minute walk to the centre of Sofia but there are tram stops on the road outside and around the corner. We found taxis to be cheap and experienced none of the difficulties others reported; we got our hotel and restaurants to order them as required and clearly they used reputable companies. If you prefer to walk to the centre, as we usually did, you can exit the hotel and turn right then take the left turn at the lights up Todor Alexandrov (not a particularly appealing road to walk) or, much better, go over the lights and take the next left up Al Stamboliiski (lined with shops, kiosks and supermarkets on both sides) which will take you to pl Sveta Nedelya from where you can reach anywhere easily. The main shopping street Vitosha runs from here. That is perhaps the most convenient route to the centre but, that said, we found the most enjoyable walk to be up Pirotska, the only pedestrianised street in the city, which you reach by turning left on exiting the hotel and then taking the first right. This street is lined with nice shops, kiosks, banks etc and will bring you out very near to pl Sveta Nedelya which you would reach by turning right and using the subway. The food market (Halite) is at the end of Pirotska on your left.

Our stay at the Bristol was most enjoyable and we cannot praise the staff enough for their assistance. If we return to the city we shall certainly stay here again and are delighted to recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Gergana P, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Guests,
I can't find words to express how I felt when I wrote your review. Really appreciate that you put an exlent point to Bristol hotel and I’m very happy that our friendly and efficient staff has succeeded to meet your expectations. For us your feedback is very valuable because it helps to improve our level of services.
It’s a real pleasure to read your positive impressions about the friendly staff, room’s atmosphere and hotel facilities.
Thank you for helping us in our ongoing efforts to achieve excellence.
We would love to be at your service again in the future and hope that your travel plans will take you back to Bulgaria.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Bristol Hotel? Share your experiences!