“its good new ,clean and fancy rooms.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 124 Hotels in Sofia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Alexandria, Egypt
“its good new ,clean and fancy rooms.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

the location of the hotel is close to the center of the city,close to airport.rooms are clean ,new and gorgious.
breakfast is fair.
lobby is small but good.i recommend this hotel if your visit is for business or tourism.
if shuttle bus is working between airport and hotel it will be much better,especialy for
groups.generally price is good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Gergana_Pavlova, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with all TripAdvisor readers. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback about the room facilities and cleannes as well, breakfast and shuttle service.
Our team will be happy if you visit us on your next trip to Sofia !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I travell a lot for business and as part of it I am guest in many hotels.
I work on business and I respect the business of the others..and for these reason I writte my impressions as guest for third time at Best Western Plus Bristol Hotel in Sofia/Bulgaria:WHAT I LIKED:1.#.New Hotel Builded with Good Concept..
2.#.Service and Staff Attitude.
3.#.Very Nice Educated Young People,hard worker and friendly. WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: 1.#.Poor Managment of the Hotel not experienced in hotel business.
2.#.Abusive triple high price CHARGED FOR Airport-Hotel-Airport which I asked from the hotel.(Result of point a).
3.#.Abusive comic Extra Price asked during Breakfast if you ask a simple Espresso Coffee...(Result of point a).
4.#. Miss of Feeling as Valuable Guest either I was there guest for 3-rd time.(Result of point a).

Room Tip: Corner Room can be better
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Gergana P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all let me take the opportunity to thank you for the interest showed toward BEST WESTERN PLUS Bristol Hotel and your decision to be our guest for a third time!
I really appreciate that you have clearly stated your comments and accurate observations concerning to change of our attitude, improper service and missing of management care toward you.Actually I understand and I’m very happy that our hotel atmosphere, service and staff attitude satisfy your requirements and correspond to your expectations at all.That’s why I’m grateful for bringing our attention to your bad experience this time and really sorry for your disappointment. I know that my request to you to accept all apologies of the management team will not be enough to make you feel really valuable guest at our hotel at the moment, but in any case we do not want to lose you as a regular client of BEST WESTERN PLUS Bristol Hotel and I can assure you that if you decide to stay with us in the future you will be witness to a totally different service and attitude.

I’m looking forward to welcoming you again at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bristol Hotel!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I just finished spending three nights during a flash-vacation to Bulgaria. Needless to say, the Bristol was more than adequate to cover all of my requirements. The room I had was perfect for one or two people, very clean, and in the back, so I wasn't subject to any traffic noise with the windows closed. Service at the hotel was pretty good too...they allowed me to check out at 2 PM on the day that I flew without any issues and also reserved an "OK" taxi for me to take me to the airport. I also liked the hotel's central location which allowed me to leisurely stroll to all of Sofia's main tourist sites at a whim. Nothing worthwhile is too far from this hotel. For example, the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral is only about 15-20 minutes away, depending on how fast you walk. If you want something more contemporary, the Mall of Sofia is also 15 minutes away in the opposite direction. I took in a movie one night during my trip to break up the routine and was impressed by the mall. Lastly, another item not to be discounted is the complimentary buffet breakfast that the hotel offers. While not the best I've ever had, there was plenty of food and variety in place, including some typical Bulgarian dishes that were interesting, to say the least. In conclusion, I'm not certain that I'l return any time soon to Sofia but if I ever do Iit would not be a disappointment to stay here again. Thanks for reading :-)...

Room Tip: Recommend a room at the back to mitigate the road noise coming from Hristo Botev Boulevard.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Gergana P, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback via TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to hear that you had a good time at Best Western Plus Bristol Hotel.It is really nice that you had enjoyable and pleasant stay with us. We are striving to make each guest experience as close to perfect as possible.For me it’s a real pleasure to read your positive impressions about the service, room’s atmosphere and cleanness in our hotel. Thank you for the high rating you have given to our property location.
It was a real pleasure reading this wonderful review.
I surely hope you to see you again on your next visit to Sofia!
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Best Western Plus Bristol in October 2013 having read the recommendations on Trip Advisor and found a good deal through Expedia. It proved to be a great choice of hotel for our needs.

On arrival the porter brought our bags in from the taxi and took us to reception. Check in was quick and easy and we were in our room on the fifth floor in a matter of minutes, the porter having taken us and our bags there. We had chosen a twin room and found it to be very spacious and comfortable. The beds provided a great sleep, there were easy chairs for relaxing in and all the usual comforts including sufficient storage space, safe, minibar and television (very little British television but that was not a problem for us!).

The bathroom was very modern with a wonderful design and included a fantastic shower unit. Perhaps the most satisfying aspect of the room was we found there was plenty of space to walk about in it which aids relaxation. Thus the room was, by our needs, perfect and one of the best we have ever stayed in.

All of the Reception staff, and I mean all of them, were very friendly and helpful. All understood English and were more than happy to make recommendations, book taxis and reserve tables in restaurants for us. I must make particular mention of Kiril who even said that if we needed more time when it came to checking out (12.00 pm) he would see what he could do. We didn't, as it happened, but the offer was appreciated.

The hotel is a 10-15 minute walk to the centre of Sofia but there are tram stops on the road outside and around the corner. We found taxis to be cheap and experienced none of the difficulties others reported; we got our hotel and restaurants to order them as required and clearly they used reputable companies. If you prefer to walk to the centre, as we usually did, you can exit the hotel and turn right then take the left turn at the lights up Todor Alexandrov (not a particularly appealing road to walk) or, much better, go over the lights and take the next left up Al Stamboliiski (lined with shops, kiosks and supermarkets on both sides) which will take you to pl Sveta Nedelya from where you can reach anywhere easily. The main shopping street Vitosha runs from here. That is perhaps the most convenient route to the centre but, that said, we found the most enjoyable walk to be up Pirotska, the only pedestrianised street in the city, which you reach by turning left on exiting the hotel and then taking the first right. This street is lined with nice shops, kiosks, banks etc and will bring you out very near to pl Sveta Nedelya which you would reach by turning right and using the subway. The food market (Halite) is at the end of Pirotska on your left.

Our stay at the Bristol was most enjoyable and we cannot praise the staff enough for their assistance. If we return to the city we shall certainly stay here again and are delighted to recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Gergana P, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Guests,
I can't find words to express how I felt when I wrote your review. Really appreciate that you put an exlent point to Bristol hotel and I’m very happy that our friendly and efficient staff has succeeded to meet your expectations. For us your feedback is very valuable because it helps to improve our level of services.
It’s a real pleasure to read your positive impressions about the friendly staff, room’s atmosphere and hotel facilities.
Thank you for helping us in our ongoing efforts to achieve excellence.
We would love to be at your service again in the future and hope that your travel plans will take you back to Bulgaria.
Varna, Bulgaria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I booked my accommodation on the phone and the rate I was given initially was nearly double than one you can easily find online. Upon arrival the door staff was kind and welcoming but before that would watch you struggle with the parking from inside the hotel... The receptionist was nice, however my check-in was interrupted by a phone call which seemed to be with much higher priority than my time. What I got after being asked to pay in adance was a odd-structured and super terribly smelling room on the 6th floor, half of which was practicly inadmisable as the ceiling was so low that we had to crawl to open the window for some fresh air. So, unless you are a midget or a small child, avoid this room or you'd end up on your knees while making your coffee. The Bathroom, on the other hand was beautifully designed, clean, well set with toiletries and towels, the water pressure was perfect! The breakfast: I must admit that I only managed to show up for breakfast 4 minutes after the closing time and was awarded with chilling looks, advised to "hurry up and be quick", then left completely unattended throughout the whole 15 minutes of my breakfast, and of course, my request for a cup of coffee was ignored by the 2 young ladies, cleaning the breakfast room while I was eating. Upon check out we were serviced by Mr. Pavel (if I'm not mistaken) and he really knew how to please the guest by being accurate, attentife and efficient. The overall rating is 3/5 just because the couple of young gentlemen at the Front desk wo really knew what they were doing!
In conclusion, I regret to say that I wouldn't recommend this hotel if you are a demanding guest. It's quite a let down from the standards, expected by booking a member of this brand.

Room Tip: Ask if your room has standard height ceiling.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ZhivkoZhelyazkov, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Mr.Kolev,

First of all let me take the opportunity to thank you for the interest showed toward BEST WESTERN PLUS Bristol Hotel and your decision to be our guest!
I really appreciate that you have clearly stated your comments and accurate observations because it had given us the necessary information needed to respond to your criteria.I understand that our hotel atmosphere, service and staff attitude didn’t satisfy your requirements and didn’t correspond to your expectations at all. For us your feedback is very valuable because it helps to improve our level of standard. That’s why I’m grateful for bringing our attention to your experience and really sorry for your disappointment.
I’d like to explain there are completely new employees at the restaurant, but of course this doesn’t mean I support this wrong act and I can assure you the appropriate measures regard to their training will be taken. Your issue has been addressed with our Management and your remarks about the service and attitude of the staff at reception and restaurant have been taken into consideration. I'm glad for your good impressions of service during your check-out time.

Once again thank you for staying with us.
I’m looking forward to welcoming you again at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bristol Hotel!

Kind regards,
Zhivko Zhelyazkov,
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Excellent hotel. Good service and nice and clean rooms. When we had an early morning departure from Sofia airport, the hotel made a small breakfast for us. Delicate bathrooms and comfortable beds. Location was good as well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Andreas,
Thank you very much for your excellent review at TripAdvisor.The main aim of our management is to respond to all guests requirements and for us your high rating means you enjoyed totally our amenities and services. I really appreciate that you liked the room facilities and it will be my pleasure to welcome you back as our gueast.
Kind regards
Madrid, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for 6 days this August 2013. The breakfast buffet was good and the room was clean and organised. The staff are friendly, all speak in good english and always offers a smile. The only downside for the whole stay is that the air conditioning of the room where i stayed was not working. I was told from the first day that they will fixed it but up until the last day it still didn't work. I probably will still give it a try the next time i visit.. as it is somewhat in good location within the city. A short walk to the Metro and Happy Grill Restaurant in which i love the foods.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Jerry,
Thank you for taking time to reveal your opinion. For us your feedback is very valuable because it helps to improve our level of services.For me it’s a real pleasure to read your positive impressions about the cleanness and the wonderful work from all the staff, because our team strives to make each guest experience as close to perfect as possible. Also I am happy to know that you enjoyed the brakfast as well.
Please, receive my apologies concerning to the problem with the air conditioning but there was a period with tthe system and it was not possible to fix it during your stay.
We are delighted to welcome you back to Best Western Plus Bristol Hotel!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Bristol Hotel? Share your experiences!