“3 Nights in Ramada Sofia” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Sofia

You added Ramada Sofia to your Saves list
Ramada Sofia
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   131 Maria Luisa Blvd, Sofia 1202, Bulgaria (Formerly Sofia Princess Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%, Book in Advance
Ranked #47 of 124 Hotels in Sofia
Mosta, Malta
“3 Nights in Ramada Sofia”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

During our 3 night stay in this 4 star hotel was very pleasant as style of hotel is like 5 star hotels. Rooms are spacious filled with everything needed. Always clean. Restaurant with a variety of choices for Breakfast. Only downfall is that only once the breakfast had the variety of full English Breakfast while other times it was not. Otherwise I would go back again =]

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Ramada Sofia, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Guest ,

I would like to thank for your valuable comment regarding your recent stay in Ramada Sofia. Such positive comments give us further encouragement to increase our service level and exceed our guests' expectations.

I will share your comments with my management team.

Looking forward to welcome you again in Ramada Sofia in the near future.

Kind Regards

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Toulouse, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is nice but need a big makeover. Everything seems to be from the top level from the 70's. Saying that my room is big and I got everything I need. The place has a lovely spa (always nice) and a casino (not for me).
Unfortunately, according to my local business contact, the area is dodgy they advise not going out on my own. :( for sure it's looks like we need a cab every time we want to go in the city center. So, even if the place is ok, I don't think I will come back there.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable comments regarding your recent stay in Ramada Sofia.
I am really glad that you have enjoyed your room and our SPA services.

I am happy to inform you that, we have started our master renovation plan and soon we will have brand new rooms and corridors for our valuable guests.

Our hotel is walking distance to city centre and is just by the metro station which is very convenience to reach main business and local attractions within the city. Rest assured we have not withnessed any incident in our area for a known time as the local police station is siituated just behind the hotel which gives us great advantage for security.

For your upcoming visit to Sofia, please allow me to upgrade you to one of our newly renovated suites on the 16th floor with renovated corridor to receive your valuable comments thereafter .

Kind Regards

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed at the Sofia Princess on two separate occasions over a month. On my first visit, we were fortunate enough to be upgraded, and I was completely surprised with the quality of the accommodation, much better than I imagined. Very nice room, plenty of toiletries etc, tea and coffee making facilities, the room had obviously been refurbished, and felt very clean and tidy. Unfortunately on my second visit we just had a standard room on the 6th floor, it was so disappointing. Room was very tired and shabby, obviously not been refurbished, no facilities at all, lights didn't work, shower was useless, even the TV was unwatchable.

All the staff we encountered were very helpful and accommodating, they parked our car, service in the bar was good, and reception were very professional.

Would I return? yes, if I had one of the refurbished rooms, (which I think was on one of the top floors), otherwise, no. Its not a cheap hotel, I would expect more.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Very friendly service and very central location. Great for both vacation and business (which I was). Didn't like the casino part (never go places like that) and the nightclub, but I guess thats the usual issue for Eastern Europe hotels

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Istanbul, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Everything is average in this Hotel . But reception and Concierge are very polite and helpful . Rooms are outDated and dirty. Location is not The best only advantage is to be opposite The main bus and train station. Avoid taking taxi from The street , ask help from Concierge . There is nice casino conneceted to The Hotel I strongly recomend to visit it.

Room Tip: You can try The suit rooms on top floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
East Anglia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

It's been a while since I visited Bulgaria and the changes (for the better) are surprising and gratifying. Clean streets, working fountains, nicely planted publich gardens make Sofia a truly European city again. I was a guest at a conference for the stay at the Princess and my impression was very favourable. The staff were friendly and helpful and all spoke excellent English.
The hotel was clean and well cared for. It is a little dated but I'm sure that it's only a matter of time before this will be addressed. Compared to what I experenced in the 1990s it is in a different league!
Although it's not in the centre of the city it is only a 15 minute walk away or you could use the subway that has a station no more than 3 minutes walk away, failing that taxis are cheap and plentiful.
There is a large indoor swimming pool and spa facililities (not tried).
The hotel provides an airport car at €18 per person if you want to ride in style.
I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Camberley, Surrey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I didn't stay here myself. However some friends stayed a couple of nights and said the rooms were fine for the price and breakfast was OK. I used the bar a couple of times and it is very overpriced for Sofia and quite fussy for service (which is very polite). Clientelle seems to be a lot of older people - certainly several Israelis and some Turks. I don't think they come for the hotel as much as the large casino that it contains. Casino is quite busy and access easy once you register with your passport. One thing to note is that I was offered 3 times by different doormen whether they could "help me with local assistance or with company" which I assumed was with 'female' company at a price!!!! Read into that what you will!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Ramada Sofia? Share your experiences!