It's been a while since I visited Bulgaria and the changes (for the better) are surprising and gratifying. Clean streets, working fountains, nicely planted publich gardens make Sofia a truly European city again. I was a guest at a conference for the stay at the Princess and my impression was very favourable. The staff were friendly and helpful and all spoke excellent English.
The hotel was clean and well cared for. It is a little dated but I'm sure that it's only a matter of time before this will be addressed. Compared to what I experenced in the 1990s it is in a different league!
Although it's not in the centre of the city it is only a 15 minute walk away or you could use the subway that has a station no more than 3 minutes walk away, failing that taxis are cheap and plentiful.
There is a large indoor swimming pool and spa facililities (not tried).
The hotel provides an airport car at €18 per person if you want to ride in style.
I would stay there again.
- Also Known As:
- Dedeman Princess Sofia Hotel Sofia
- Dedeman Princess Sofia Hotel
- Best Western Sofia
- Sofia Princess Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramada Sofia is one of the largest hotels on the Balkan Peninsula, offering excellent rooms and professional service. The hotel is located within walking distance from the city centre, 15 km from Sofia International Airport and near the Central Railway Station. In short, the hotel is convenient placed for both business and pleasure trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Ramada Sofia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.