Stayed two nights at this property located within walking distance to the city center. Now, its a good 15 minute walk to the main shopping street, Vitushka, but closer to 20-25 minutes to Nevsky Church.
Unfortunately for me, I was staying at the hotel at the same time there was a 500+ person group staying in the hotel, in fact it was a pharm company that had taken up rooms in every high-end hotel in the city. I actually felt for the staff, as the group had some bad apples that weren't very nice to them, but they handled in stride.
My one and only complaint is directed to upper management of the hotel, who I felt did a subpar job of seeing that the needs of non-conference guests were properly antiquated as a result of the conference. Let me explain:
I have gold status with Hilton and my rate included full a full breakfast. I was told upon check-in that because of the conference, all other guests would be eating their breakfast in the Executive Lounge (hangout joint for Hilton Honors guests). I inquired if the full breakfast would be the same as in the proper restaurant, and was told it would be. The following morning I re-inquired and was given differing accounts, as nobody really knew. I asked if I could go look, and was told that was fine, and was then, rather aggressively told by a restaurant staffer (red hair, don't remember her name) that it was the same. I, without going to look, said ok and was then told that I could go look for myself, which I said wasn't necessary. She then, again, told me to look as if I was implying I didn't believe her. Now, this could be attributed to me misunderstand her tone or maybe a slight language barrier, but I felt she could have been a bit more polite, not make me feel like I was a nuisance for wanting the breakfast I had paid for. I never did look, but my gut tells me the breakfast was in fact not the same, which upsets me only because I shouldnt have had the pay the same amount as a normal breakfast.
Let me reiterate, this was my only issue of my stay. Every single other staff member couldnt have been nicer or more attentive. There are many names I wish I remembered to recognize, but Mira at the front desk and especially Krum, the attendee at the Honors Lounge were rock stars. He was AWESOME. Friendly and patient, he answered all sorts of tourist type questions I had, including where and where not to walk, talk and eat. If I come back in a year and he is not part of management, then the hotel's upper-level administration needs a serious evaluation.
All of the other staff I encountered were great as well, this cannot be overstated. From the doormen to the concierge and reception staff and the wait staff in the lounge each morning, all were exemplary. Again, only rudeness was from the one woman, she really did rub me the wrong way.
Rooms were nice, elevators quick, location a 8/10. I would certainly stay again, but next time will call before reserving to see if there is a massive conference going on!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Sofia has the perfect location in the heart of the city, opposite the Sofia Congress Centre (National Palace of Culture), surrounded by the South Park and overlooking the Vitosha Mountain. Hotel guests are near the commercial district and government offices. Boutiques, restaurants and nightclubs are within walking distance, while Sofia International Airport lies 13 km to the east, an approximate 20 minute transfer. With 245 rooms on 8 floors, equipped with the most modern in-room facilities, 2 Executive Floors and brand new Executive Lounge, Health Club with in-door pool and 24/7 Fitness by Precor, Hilton Sofia is the perfect choice of the modern traveler. Spacious, stylish and modern venues, resplendent with natural light, provide you with an unparalleled environment in which to work and relax. From the daily airport shuttle to the multifunctional meeting facilities, creative food service and elegant dining: enjoy the Hilton Sofia experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Sofia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sofia Hotel Sofia
- Hilton International Sofia
- Sofia Hilton International